Favorite Super Bowl commercial?

Dan

Aug 28, 2003
Aiken, SC
I had a few I really liked.

1) The Bud Light skydivers. When the guy throws the 6-pack out of the plane, hoping the rookie will chase it. It was my favorite.

2) The "don't decide too fast" or whatever they were commercials. The one where the guy spilled the spaghetti sauce on his girlfriend's cat was hilarious.

3) The one where the troops walk through the airport and everyone in there claps for them. It was really nice of Anheiser-Busch, I thought. I also heard they let all military people into Busch Gardens for free and gave them free food and beer today. Very cool.

4) The one where the guy worked in an office full of monkeys. It was silly, but monkeys are funny.

What were your favorites?

Oh, and, my LEAST favorite is that stupid Blockbuster Online commercial where the guy says "I'm gonna go get some videos" then gets in his car and drives to the mailbox and gets his DVDs in the mail. It wasn't funny the first time they showed it. It still wasn't funny the next 11 times (seriously, I counted) they showed it.

The "Don't Judge too quickly" commercials were fun, but they didn't compare to the monkey commercials. I especially liked the one where the guy says, "Sir, I know you think it is a great idea, but I just don't think it is wise to name a product "The Titanic"."

Budweiser always has the best.

Bud light skydivers...That had me rolling...I can also see some of my friends being that pilot sad...

Bud Light, he took his friends beer and girl....damn she didn't share with me though..

Michelle Malkin has a rather lengthy post on the AB thank you commercial. The following is the end of her post:

http://michellemalkin.com/archives/001441.htm

Reader Patricia Bond shares her heartwarming experiences:

I work for American Airlines at DFW airport and have seen this scene repeated every time we have a military flight arrive here (they all arrive either here or BWI) and the soldiers disperse to take their connecting flights home. Just four days ago I had 37 soldiers returning from Iraq on R and R on our flight. As I made the boarding announcements, I told the other passengers that we had young men and women who were really anxious to get home and we were going to allow them to board first and get settled in before beginning general boarding. As the soldiers stepped up to walk down the jetbridge, everyone in the waiting area clapped. Passengers hurrying to their next flight, airport employees and crew members all stopped and joined in.
One young girl whistled really loud and long. The soldiers loved it. They were grinning and waving to everyone. One of the last ones to board asked if he could hug me. As he did he said, "We came from Mosul two days ago. We were getting shot at up until the time we left there. You have no idea what your kindness and this recognition means to all of us." I replied, "No, thank you. You have no idea what your service and sacrifice means to all of us here!"

As I looked around, I saw tears in many eyes. It was a brief, great moment. We love honoring these young men and women in this small way.

I didn't see many of what you guys did last night.
Last night my favorite was the lil Clydesdale colt putting his head in the collar thing and finally pulling the wagon, with the adult Clydesdales in the rear pushing.

i like the one with the two guys at the golf club comparing cell phones....one guy says mine has anti theft....go ahead try and take my wallet....then drills they guy with his phone....twice

manu1959 said:
i like the one with the two guys at the golf club comparing cell phones....one guy says mine has anti theft....go ahead try and take my wallet....then drills they guy with his phone....twice
My wife liked that one too..

fuzzykitten99 said:
i laughed for like 5 minutes with that one...kinda reminds me of the syrup bottle scene in Super Troopers.
Its a good thing you didnt order hashbrowns... i mean... if they were drinking... catsup...

Jeezus, guys, you didn't have to dig up a thread from a year ago! :cof:

Anyway, I really liked the Fedex caveman one, the cell phone one where the guy's couch catches on fire and his friend says "do you have a song for if your couch catches on fire?" and he starts playing the Benny Hill theme, and the Bud Light commercial where the guys were getting chased by the bear.

I liked the Clydesdale commercial with the adult horses pushing from behind. Kind of family friendly funny. My other favorite, from the more morbid side of things, was the "Don't judge too quickly" (Ameriquest?) commercial with the fly in the hospital. "That killed him."

I must have been on a bathroom break when they ran the one with the soldiers coming home. I'm assuming it's the same one as last year. That's obviously a favorite as well.

Jimmyeatworld said:
I liked the Clydesdale commercial with the adult horses pushing from behind. Kind of family friendly funny. My other favorite, from the more morbid side of things, was the "Don't judge too quickly" (Ameriquest?) commercial with the fly in the hospital. "That killed him."

I must have been on a bathroom break when they ran the one with the soldiers coming home. I'm assuming it's the same one as last year. That's obviously a favorite as well.

The soldiers was from last year's Super Bowl.

I just wanted to post it. Something we should always remember.

Dan said:
Jeezus, guys, you didn't have to dig up a thread from a year ago! :cof:

Anyway, I really liked the Fedex caveman one, the cell phone one where the guy's couch catches on fire and his friend says "do you have a song for if your couch catches on fire?" and he starts playing the Benny Hill theme, and the Bud Light commercial where the guys were getting chased by the bear.

Oh, I see. :rotflmao:

I didn't notice the date on the first few. Reading some of the others I thought I got lucky and missed all the repeat commercials.

The one with the bear was pretty good too. Reminds me of the crappy things some people I know might do.

GotZoom said:
The "Don't judge too quickly" commercials were my favorite. I think the FEDEX one with the cavemen was pretty good too.

My favorite of all time is this Outpost.com commercial. (French subtitles but in English)

http://allowe.cillix.nl/Humor/video/OutpostDotCom,Wolves.mpg

This was during last year's SuperBowl but I think it deserves to be seen again and appreciated also.

http://www.ifilm.com/player/mac.jsp?ifilmId=2664048

My husband loved the FEDEX one too. :)

I loved the monkey commercials. :cof: But I have to admit, I really laughed at the magic refigerator.

Mr. P said:
I didn't see many of what you guys did last night.
Last night my favorite was the lil Clydesdale colt putting his head in the collar thing and finally pulling the wagon, with the adult Clydesdales in the rear pushing.

guess it's because I love and have horses and dogs though...the colt reminded me of mine...although he is all grown up now he still waits for moma to take the lead and slack...and digressing I did like the old Bud frog commercials!

Forum List

Back