Favorite Steak Recipes

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Marinated Flank Steak
I made this the other night and it was out of this world.

Ingredients
1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
2 TBSP vegetable oil
2 TBSP ketchup
3 garlic cloves, minced
3/4 tsp dried oregano
3/4 tsp pepper
1 - 1 1/2 lb beef flank steak

Directions
In a large resealable plastic bag, combine first six ingredients. Cut an 1/8 inch deep diamond pattern into both sides of steak. Place in the bag; seal and turn to coat. Refrigerate overnight.

Drain and discard marinate. Place steak on a broiler pan. Broil 4 inch from the heat for 7-10 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (fo medium-rate, a meat thermometer should read 145 degrees F; medium 160 degress F; well-done 170 degrees F.

This is an Allrecipes recipe which I adapted slightly.

For me, all it takes is a good cut of meat like a T-bone, Montreal Steak Seasoning from McCormick, and a real charcoal grill... Yum!

Friends don't let friends grill with propane or gas!

-Joe

I add freshly grated ginger and honey to PCs recipe and take out the ketchup---it's pretty damn good on the grill too !

That sounds good too-- more teriyaki style. I would grill all-year round if I could. But I just can't get the propane going when it's freezing temperature.

i love ginger anything....shrimp and ginger sauce....killer...my steaks i like heavily peppered and slightly salted....if its a lesser type of meat....i just pour italian salad dressing over it in a baggie and let it set for a couple of hours...

For me, all it takes is a good cut of meat like a T-bone, Montreal Steak Seasoning from McCormick, and a real charcoal grill... Yum!

-Joe

I grill because men must have fire and society is trying to ban fire for all the fun stuff. No bonfires allowed for example. Besides, I was given pointy teeth for a reason and it has nothing to do with vegetables LoL

As for Gas grills: any grill rocks. As I tell wifey, tis technique babe.
(however there is no substitute for a good hard wood. Mesquite or Hickory)

Some awesome steak recipes. My personal dry rub is a very closely held secret. The presidential candidates wanted it. But due to some of the people they've hung out with, they could not get the needed clearance.

Experimental Chicken

I grill because men must have fire and society is trying to ban fire for all the fun stuff. No bonfires allowed for example. Besides, I was given pointy teeth for a reason and it has nothing to do with vegetables LoL

As for Gas grills: any grill rocks. As I tell wifey, tis technique babe.
(however there is no substitute for a good hard wood. Mesquite or Hickory)

Some awesome steak recipes. My personal dry rub is a very closely held secret. The presidential candidates wanted it. But due to some of the people they've hung out with, they could not get the needed clearance.

Experimental Chicken

Thanks for those links -- chock full of info and recipes. The recipe book to support military is a neat idea. I guess I will be giving a few of those out for the holidays and maybe even one for myself. :)

High five...

-Joe

AHA...that's why I use a Hybrid gas grill. :thup:

All the convenience of gas...all the taste of mesquite, hickory, charcoal or whatever taste fits your fancy.

And it's portable. :woohoo:

I take it in the truck with me on those occasions I have to cover a load.

Available at Wal-Mart...$29.00.

Link.

AHA...that's why I use a Hybrid gas grill. :thup:

All the convenience of gas...all the taste of mesquite, hickory, charcoal or whatever taste fits your fancy.

And it's portable. :woohoo:

I take it in the truck with me on those occasions I have to cover a load.

Available at Wal-Mart...$29.00.

Link.

Still gas bro'...

Never let petroleum distillates near your meat!

I have very few mantras, but these are words to live by...

Pack the charcoal and a newspaper chimney to light 'em up with - your taste buds will thank you.:tongue:

-Joe

GAS grills? Steak RECIPES? Y'all need help.

Steak recipe:

Steak
Charcoal grill
Lighter.
Tongs. (NEVER a fork!)

$DSCF0263.JPG

$28082008008_edited.jpgclic on pic I of course agree

Forum List

Back