Favorite Spring Thing?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zoom-boing, Apr 6, 2010.

1. Zoom-boing

Zoom-boing Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,130
    What's your favorite thing about spring? This is mine:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

The tree swallows just came back today to start nesting. They're checking out the box on the shed. The bluebirds usually take that one but you never know. A few years back they took the box on the trellis and laid three eggs. A few days after they hatched I heard squawking and looked out to see feathers flying out of the box. I ran out and a wren had gotten in an tossed out all three of the 2 day old babies. I managed to save two of them and put them back in the box. They fledged a few weeks later. I look forward too and thoroughly enjoy their return each spring.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  2. masquerade

masquerade positivity

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,261
    It's difficult for me to pick just one, so if'n you don't mind Zoom-boing ... I'm going to mention a few of my favorite things about spring!

The early morning sounds and songs of the various birds living in the woods behind my house. I find waking to their songs to be a fresh and delightful way to start my day.

The early morning sunrise. During my commute to work I watch as the horizon grows brighter and by the time I arrive, Mr. Sun is showing it's first rays over the houses and buildings. Of course I take a moment to stop and look at the beauty, taking in a deep breath and telling myself it's going to be a good day.

The warmth of the spring months.

My magnolias, forsythia and cherry trees all in bloom! Tulips and dogwoods, the grass turning green and all the new buds on the trees.

Opening the windows for the first time since early autumn.

The end of winter.

3. Terry

Terry Shut the $%$ Up!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,091
    I'm not sure what type of bird this was but last spring I was sitting on my deck and I have a dog wood tree that over hangs a portion of the deck. This little birdie was on the outer branch close to me. I started to say "Here birdie, birdie" It flew off. Then about 4 minutes later, that little bird flew and landed on my shoulder for a few seconds then landed on the rail inches from me. Wow, I thought! Yeah I love to see all the birds return. The hummingbirds are my favorite but I have so many around.

4. del

del BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,885
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWBVHCWYLRo&feature=related]YouTube - Spring Peepers in Bourne, MA 4/22/2007[/ame]

5. Terry

Terry Shut the $%$ Up!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,091
    You know when you look up in the sky and see a flock of birds flying. I mean a shit load of them? Well last week they all landed in my front yard. I've never seen that before. I was like holy cow...and immediately thought of the movie "The Birds" LOL

6. masquerade

masquerade positivity

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,261
    I love hummingbirds!

7. Oddball

Oddball BANNED Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Drinking wine, eating cheese, catching rays
    Ratings:
    +8,409
    [​IMG]

PLAAAAAAAAAAYYY BAAALLLLL!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  8. LuckyDan

LuckyDan Sublime

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +609
    As long as they don't linger on your lawn. That's a sign of grub worms. Bad for glass.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. Zoom-boing

Zoom-boing Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,130
    Were they black? We get starlings here and sometimes there are TONS of them and they all land on the lawn or on the rooftops then all of a sudden take off.

We had a red tail hawk land on our bird feeder a few years ago. When you're used to seeing finches and such and a hawk lands on the feeder - - - cripes, he was huge.

10. boedicca

boedicca Uppity Water Nymph Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,876
    Light.

I love having more light into the evening hours. My favorite spring thing is to be able to walk around Lake Merritt in the early evening without having to wear a jacket.