Favorite radio stations as a kid

But now the music you hear on radio IS NOT IN ANALOG and doesnt sound as good :( (Well I believe COLLEGE STATIONS still play records (Some of them anyway))

WMCA-AM, the Good Guys station. (I'm showing my age)

wmca-thegoodguys.jpg

WMCA_good_guys_sweatshirt_1962.gif

Last edited:
I didn't have an FM radio as a kid. The "big three" AM stations at the time were WRKO 680, WHDH 850 and WBZ 1030. They all converted to talk radio format ages ago.

KMET 94.7 was definately the best station around.

KNAC was pretty good to. It was a Long Beach rock station and played some of my buddy's stuff.

KROQ is the standard now.

KMET 94.7 was definately the best station around.

KNAC was pretty good to. It was a Long Beach rock station and played some of my buddy's stuff.

KROQ is the standard now.

I remember when KMET and KLOS were the two big rock stations in SoCal, then KMET went elevator music on us which really opened the door to KROQ and KNAC. When I pulled out of there four years ago it was KLOS for classic rock and KROQ and KNAC for everything else rock.

aside from the local stations, WLS in the mid-60's...

and then KAAY, the mighty 10-90 in your dial, for late-night acid rock in the wee hours...

with Clyde Clifford's 11-to-2 show, Beaker Street...

77 WABC

Cousin Brucie, Dan Ingram, Harry Harrison, Ron Lundy

I don't remember which stations had the top 500 countdowns back then. Maybe KFRC or K101. But I usually caught them early in the countdown and would listen to just about the whole thing, and they were the light of my life, while it lasted.

San Francisco Radio History

KYA
KFRC
KZSU
KFJC
K101
KSJO
KOME
KFOG
KDON
KSAN
KYUU