Favorite Quotes

smokin_kat

Cheap Imitation
May 20, 2011
Earth
Please display your favorite quotes by anyone. :) I'm interested to see each member's favorite quote(s).

"Politics is the art of controlling your environment."
- Hunter S. Thompson

"We already have a fucking thread on this"

California Girl to incompetent idiots who are too fucking lazy to do a simple 'search' before creating yet another 'favorite quotes' thread.

"The intellectual man requires a fine bait, the sots are easily amused.
But everybody is drugged with his own frenzy, and the pageant marches at all hours, with music and banner and badge." —Ralph Waldo Emerson on Amusement

"We already have a fucking thread on this"

California Girl to incompetent idiots who are too fucking lazy to do a simple 'search' before creating yet another 'favorite quotes' thread.

You must rely on your personality for birth control. You're quite the charmer.

"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength." ~Eric Hoffer

Not my favorite, but I find it rather fitting.

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~Bertrand Russell

“You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.” -James D. Miles

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” Dr. Seuss

“I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!” Dr. Seuss

“Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.” -Ashley Smith

Please display your favorite quotes by anyone. :) I'm interested to see each member's favorite quote(s).

"Politics is the art of controlling your environment."
- Hunter S. Thompson
I have so very many favorite quotes. I'll share a few. Here's one :

"I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations" - James A Madison

"Single acts of tyranny may be ascribed to the accidental opinion of a day. But a series of oppressions, begun at a distinguished period, and pursued unalterably through every change of ministers, too plainly proves a deliberate systematic plan of reducing us to slavery." -- Thomas Jefferson

Forum List

Back