Favorite PC Game

I loved XCOM. I own 2, but haven’t played it yet. I’ve got something like 200 unplayed pc games, and probably 30-40 Playstation. I just don’t have enough time nowadays. ☹️
And yet you keep buying them :p

Well, at least I do. I am in the same situation. I really need to stop picking up new ones until I get through my backlog.

There really are not any console specific titles anymore. Almost everything that is on console is on PC.

Games like ark don't play well with consoles anyway - they just cannot keep up with the hardware requirements (and you will have the same problem on laptops unfortunately). But on low graphics settings, the will run, just not nearly as pretty.

7 Days to Die tried to convert to console. It was a rather miserable failure. Unity just requires to much resource to run at that scale.
I use steam and stream from my desktop if the game is on steam I can play it.

The bigmouthed dumbfuck lost due to vast idiocy. Lucky dumbfuck though, his ore even got more as he harvested and I got 90 % of the civilian attacks, which both happens randomly or not at all sometimes. Special map. His last attack intended to finish me off but he was very dumb, attacked my northern base although it was my southern that got me the recourses. He got a large majority but wasted so many tanks by trying to attack my cruisers that his attack did not only fail but with almost zero losses for me. I also deployed my units properly so they could make use of the defense advantage, of course. Since he used all his tanks I could launch a decisive counter attack. Already made his southern base useless by disabling his GPS and refineries. He realized his attack did not harm me and surrendered.

zzabtsk4n.jpg

Skill-less LIZARD is a big traitor and fucking low life rush and q combo cheater who cannot sustain his team properly. We decided the battle early when I took the lower right corner of the map, thus removing hyper´s main base and building my own there to advance further and harvest more ore in order to be successful. That was the moment the traitor left, leaving our left flank unprotected. In the result, the opponents could establish a toehold north, where we started, while I made slow but steady progress in the south. Serious harm has been done to our northern bases over time (slowly because the south was also contested) and they completely vanished. My large fleet of cruisers prevented them from taking the northern right side though, while I secured the entire south and the ore upper right then regrew there slowly and I could manage to re-establish my base there, making use of the new ore, while that in the south was almost completely depleted. Finally the fortunes of war shifted to our side and the rest is not worth mentioning. play did what he could, but the treason left his airbase unprotected unexpected and we lost air support. Great and hard match that we decided for us in the end due to skill and resilience.

comuujxr.jpg

Last edited:
And yet you keep buying them :p

Well, at least I do. I am in the same situation. I really need to stop picking up new ones until I get through my backlog.
I don’t buy too many anymore. But I keep getting free games (Epic Games is awesome for that) and I have a PSPlus subscription for more games there.

I just started Control. I also bought Borderlands 3 for $5 and plan to play that next.

The bigmouthed dumbfuck lost due to vast idiocy. Lucky dumbfuck though, his ore even got more as he harvested and I got 90 % of the civilian attacks, which both happens randomly or not at all sometimes. Special map. His last attack intended to finish me off but he was very dumb, attacked my northern base although it was my southern that got me the recourses. He got a large majority but wasted so many tanks by trying to attack my cruisers that his attack did not only fail but with almost zero losses for me. I also deployed my units properly so they could make use of the defense advantage, of course. Since he used all his tanks I could launch a decisive counter attack. Already made his southern base useless by disabling his GPS and refineries. He realized his attack did not harm me and surrendered.

zzabtsk4n.jpg

Skill-less LIZARD is a big traitor and fucking low life rush and q combo cheater who cannot sustain his team properly. We decided the battle early when I took the lower right corner of the map, thus removing hyper´s main base and building my own there to advance further and harvest more ore in order to be successful. That was the moment the traitor left, leaving our left flank unprotected. In the result, the opponents could establish a toehold north, where we started, while I made slow but steady progress in the south. Serious harm has been done to our northern bases over time (slowly because the south was also contested) and they completely vanished. My large fleet of cruisers prevented them from taking the northern right side though, while I secured the entire south and the ore upper right then regrew there slowly and I could manage to re-establish my base there, making use of the new ore, while that in the south was almost completely depleted. Finally the fortunes of war shifted to our side and the rest is not worth mentioning. play did what he could, but the treason left his airbase unprotected unexpected and we lost air support. Great and hard match that we decided for us in the end due to skill and resilience.

comuujxr.jpg

So, you play games to relax then?

I don’t buy too many anymore. But I keep getting free games (Epic Games is awesome for that) and I have a PSPlus subscription for more games there.

I just started Control. I also bought Borderlands 3 for $5 and plan to play that next.
$5 bucks, that's really cheap. Thinking about picking it up on steam as it is on sale for 12 atm. Where did you get it for 5? AFAIK, it is not even on Epic Games.

Control is another one I have been eyeballing. Looks pretty neat with a unique idea. Going through cyberpunk atm, and possibly going to try Star Citizen as that is F2P for the next 5 days and see if that is a worthwhile time investment.

Cyberpunk gets a LOT of hate but I have found it pretty good so far.

$5 bucks, that's really cheap. Thinking about picking it up on steam as it is on sale for 12 atm. Where did you get it for 5? AFAIK, it is not even on Epic Games.

Control is another one I have been eyeballing. Looks pretty neat with a unique idea. Going through cyberpunk atm, and possibly going to try Star Citizen as that is F2P for the next 5 days and see if that is a worthwhile time investment.

Control is a fun game. A little repetitive in game play but superb writing.

I actually think I got it on Epic. They had a deal where you got $10 off any game of $15 or more, and BL3 was $15.

I finished it over Christmas, and I agree I thought it was pretty good. I attribute part of the positive experience to waiting for the release bugs to get worked out.

My only problem was I found that as a straight male being trapped in a females body that the romance options where - ah - let's say interesting and a little disconcerting. So if you are a straight male in a female body and you end up romancing women, does that mean you are a straight male lesbian?

[Panam - you know not what you missed.]

WW

I finished it over Christmas, and I agree I thought it was pretty good. I attribute part of the positive experience to waiting for the release bugs to get worked out.

My only problem was I found that as a straight male being trapped in a females body that the romance options where - ah - let's say interesting and a little disconcerting. So if you are a straight male in a female body and you end up romancing women, does that mean you are a straight male lesbian?

[Panam - you know not what you missed.]

WW
I do think that is where the continued hate comes from. I also waited until all those bugs were worked out and that is why I am playing now and not when it came out.

The common complaint now is that there are entire systems unfinished but I do not see that. So far my only issue is that I can effectively complete every single encounter with no challenge with one of the power weapons, since you can both see and shoot through walls it seems that you can beat everything without ever being exposed.

I simply do not use the power so it does not break the game. However, most of the open world games are like that, there are always a few things that can be grossly exploited.

My topic was deleted so I will post it here. Top 3 games I play to pass my time are Asteroids, Tetris and Paper.io.
asteroids_2020-07-21-17h07m37s202003a-backgroundvisiblenormal255.png
tetris-lingo-feature_feature.jpg
screen-0.jpg

I played a lot of RPGs growing up and quit playing games altogether pretty much all of my adult life past around 22-23 years old, the last games being Metroid on gamecube, Soul Calibur 2 on playstation and Zelda windwaker. Then about two years ago I bought Disgaea 5 on PC and had a great time with it but time consumption was fairly high so I quit playing before completing it although I beat the regular story mode. Very long cartoon scenes, almost like playing a game with a long comic book interspersed. Awesome game. Now I only play simple short play games and not often.

“The Godfather of Gaming”

Sid Meier Interview | An Exclusive Conversation​

Forum List

Back