Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Reba Mcentire

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • George Strait

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Other

Votes: 13 43.3%

• Total voters
Most rockers were tied into country with no options baby. :lol: I'd go south with my dad mega trucker and I learned every country song on the way even though I was singing the Animals in the back seat.

I'd never trade those years though. I learned Johnny Cash and Loretta Lynn. I learned voices and whistles. I learned Glen Campbell singing I was a Lineman for the County. I loved all of those days.

Last edited:
Most rockers were tied into country with no options baby. :lol: I'd go south with my dad mega trucker and I learned every country song on the way even though I was singing the Animals in the back seat.

I'd never trade those years though. I learned Johnny Cash and Loretta Lynn. I learned voices and whistles. I learned Glen Campbell singing I was a Lineman for the County. I loved all of those days.

I hail from southern California and was deep into "classic rock." However, a construction job took me into northern Utah and some cowboy country. I did a lot of drinking in those days and frequented the local bars. All of those bars had country music in the jukebox and no rock music at all. Sooooo ... I HAD to learn to like country. At first, I didn't like it at all. However, by the time I moved from Utah I was a country fan and continued to listen to it off and on for many years to come. I don't listen to modern country as it totally sucks but I will listen to the old stuff from time to time.

I hail from southern California and was deep into "classic rock." However, a construction job took me into northern Utah and some cowboy country. I did a lot of drinking in those days and frequented the local bars. All of those bars had country music in the jukebox and no rock music at all. Sooooo ... I HAD to learn to like country. At first, I didn't like it at all. However, by the time I moved from Utah I was a country fan and continued to listen to it off and on for many years to come. I don't listen to modern country as it totally sucks but I will listen to the old stuff from time to time.

i agree with that....when i was a kid i stayed at my Uncles house a lot and was out in the garage with him when he was working on cars and he listened to nothing but REAL Country music....i was exposed to just about everyone pre 1970....

Forum List

Back