Favorite Movies of all time

Oh yeah....I missed that one...what a great opening to the movie ....I think the first part of Kill Bill was great.......except for one or two things...the hospital scene was too vulgar....for my taste anyway...another thing...the reveal of Bill in the second part....I wish Tarantino could have done the whole movie without showing Bill....he was so sinister in the little things we saw...that David Carradine couldn't live up to it....

I liked the little moment with the Texas Ranger and his Texas Ranger son....as they walk up to the victims....

Oh....and Dusk Till Dawn...a great first half of a movie....the whole part with Clooney....I think that movie showed that Clooney could be a serious actor....if they had just stayed with Clooney and Tarantino...that would have been a great movie by itself with those two running around loose....

You know what as well....Tarantino should do a movie with the Jules from Pulp Fiction...as he wandered the world....that might be fun....

Yeah...Jackie Brown was the weakest of his movies....

MY favorite movie? The original Christmas story :the Homecoming. With Patricia Neal and Richard Thomas. My father loved this story, set in 1933.

Oh yeah....I missed that one...what a great opening to the movie ....I think the first part of Kill Bill was great.......except for one or two things...the hospital scene was too vulgar....for my taste anyway...another thing...the reveal of Bill in the second part....I wish Tarantino could have done the whole movie without showing Bill....he was so sinister in the little things we saw...that David Carradine couldn't live up to it....

I liked the little moment with the Texas Ranger and his Texas Ranger son....as they walk up to the victims....

Oh....and Dusk Till Dawn...a great first half of a movie....the whole part with Clooney....I think that movie showed that Clooney could be a serious actor....if they had just stayed with Clooney and Tarantino...that would have been a great movie by itself with those two running around loose....

You know what as well....Tarantino should do a movie with the Jules from Pulp Fiction...as he wandered the world....that might be fun....
You're kidding me about Bill?

I loved the part where she was sitting on his couch and all of a sudden, he pulls out a .45 and shoots right next to her knee. She jumps and he goes, "I'm just fuckin' with ya!"

That is a classic.

I loved the part where she was sitting on his couch and all of a sudden, he pulls out a .45 and shoots right next to her knee. She jumps and he goes, "I'm just fuckin' with ya!"

That is a classic.

Well...I really liked the first part...the imagery with the music...when they are driving and the Green Hornet music is playing and then they fade into that walking music into the Tea House...

The second part...outside of the Chinese training was a let down....

Good night...laundries done......we should talk movies more often.....

Star Wars....saw it in the old days when if you missed it at the theater....that was it...you didn't have another shot till it came out years later and played on ABC on a Sunday night...with commercials...

Han shot first....

Also...Raiders of the Lost Ark...

-Braveheart
-Blood of Heroes
-Ladyhawke
-The Verdict
-Slapshot
-the Godfather
-Halloween
-The Excorcist
-Return of the Living Dead...great and funny, and sad movie....

I love movies......great thread.....

The Challenge, with Scott Glen and Toshiro Mifune

As do I. I have nearly 1300 titles in my DVD library. I note that you list a few horror films, including the comedy-horror Return of the Living Dead. I have that title and The Exorcist. Another great horror title is The Omen.

The original omen was great...that scene in the church...wow.....what a moment....I have a 3 year old nephew...and just thinking about that scene is so sad and tragic and gut wrenching....and the scene in the cemetary when he realizes what they did.....chilling and makes you mad....

That was when movies were just starting to show real blood and gore....and they didn't rely on that to carry the movie...they actually had good stories in their horror movies..

Forum List

Back