Favorite Morning Smells

The pungent smell rotting autumn leaves. Hickory nut hulls. Chrysanthemums.

Maple surup over hot waffles smothered in butter.

Actually the best morning smell to me is waking to a morning camp fire crackling away high up in the pines. Pancakes & coffee.

Also, a favorite of mine is a midnight bonfire on the beach using salted down drift wood, and cooking hot dogs on a stick. Savory mustard on the bun. Or maybe a coastal cup of clam chowder dusted with black crackle Pepper on a foggy salty morning on the coast.

What on earth is salted down driftwood? Is that just regular driftwood, or do you do something else to it?

I'm back on the coast after a long time not living here (I was raised here). I relate to and love all the fog imagery and the bonfire stuff and the whole nine yards...but I don't know what salted down driftwood is, and I'm not exactly sure what "coastal clam chowder" is. Isn't it all coastal? Clams are coastal creatures, after all...

Favorite morning smells...woodsmoke, coffee, and general green stuff. Rain.

Maple surup over hot waffles smothered in butter.

Actually the best morning smell to me is waking to a morning camp fire crackling away high up in the pines. Pancakes & coffee.

Also, a favorite of mine is a midnight bonfire on the beach using salted down drift wood, and cooking hot dogs on a stick. Savory mustard on the bun. Or maybe a coastal cup of clam chowder dusted with black crackle Pepper on a foggy salty morning on the coast.

What on earth is salted down driftwood? Is that just regular driftwood, or do you do something else to it?

I'm back on the coast after a long time not living here (I was raised here). I relate to and love all the fog imagery and the bonfire stuff and the whole nine yards...but I don't know what salted down driftwood is, and I'm not exactly sure what "coastal clam chowder" is. Isn't it all coastal? Clams are coastal creatures, after all...

Favorite morning smells...woodsmoke, coffee, and general green stuff. Rain.

I'm thinkn it's just driftwood at an ocean beach...I usually just burn it...:lol:

I'm thinking also that you're quite a happily married romantic...:eusa_angel:

Coffee is the first thing that I smell in the morning then cooked bacon while my wife cooked it in a pan.

Forum List

Back