favorite horor movie

Someone said Event Horizon. Oddly, I just watched that a couple hours ago.

Someone also posted the Bruce Campbell Evil Dead series. Awesome! In the genre of comedy-horror, no other films can measure up with the exception of Zombieland and the possible exception of Shaun of the Dead.

Saw The Mist in there, too. I love the ending to that, too. Hell, the whole concept. Some of the effects were slightly cheesy (there's a praying mantis looking shadow in the fog that looks like a giant cardboard cutout. No limb movement lol), but a lot of the effects were well done (tentacle under the dock door, the oversized locust/bee looking things, the spiders). Killer flick.

I think the only one of my favs I didn't see posted already was the first Paranormal Activity. There was something about the concept of that movie that struck me as eerily genuine. Watched it in broad daylight and still felt creeped out afterwards.

Prince of Darkness - a little campy, but a great storyline that should have been done better. This is one film that I wish Hollywood would remake with a better actors. But all in all - worth the 2 bits to rent.
Exorcist - no explanation necessary.
The Rite - SOLID film. Good special effects that were not overdone.
Skeleton Key - filled with unexpected twists. Well put together film.
Fire in the Sky - As far as horror films go - the acting in this movie is far beyond most films of this genre.
The Sixth Sense - should be in the top 10 of anyone's list.
1408 - One of the scariest movies I have ever seen. Right up there with the Exorcist. Almost the entire movie is set in one hotel suite. But what a suite.

I have yet to see any horor movies. :dunno:
I've tried to watch a few of them. But with the single exception of the one I mentioned elsewhere in this thread, the original The Thing, they all fall apart because of some absolutely incredible content, such as people rising from the dead, turning into wolves or bats, etc., or some slimy, hostile creature hiding in an abandoned space ship, etc.

I enjoyed The Thing (the 1951 original, not the current re-make) because the "monster" is a credible entity.

I generally avoid horror films and "romantic comedies."

Not sure if this is a "horror" movie, But I liked Alien a lot..

The Exorcist was also fun.

I've tried to watch a few of them. But with the single exception of the one I mentioned elsewhere in this thread, the original The Thing, they all fall apart because of some absolutely incredible content, such as people rising from the dead, turning into wolves or bats, etc., or some slimy, hostile creature hiding in an abandoned space ship, etc.

I enjoyed The Thing (the 1951 original, not the current re-make) because the "monster" is a credible entity.

I like horror films, but I rarely watch them. As a genre - they generally suck.
Take it or leave it - but I would encourage you to see "The Rite"...good film.

I know you cant see this Mike, but I totally agree with you on this.
The plot needs to be plausible for me to enjoy any movie really... especially scary ones.

I cannot pick a favorite but I'll watch anything with a Zombie in it.

Then you prolly like The Rachel Madcow show - hee hee :D

My favorite horror movie is Evil Dead..According to me Evil Dead is the most horror movie in Hollywood industry.I like this movie very much.....

I'm with Candlestick Port if he indicates the '51 edition of The Factor. Saw it so many periods I think I'm in it. I think the first three Frankenstein's are up there too. And Werewolf of London, uk. And Chaney's Phantom and on and on ..

I know you cant see this Mike, but I totally agree with you on this.
The plot needs to be plausible for me to enjoy any movie really... especially scary ones.

I cannot pick a favorite but I'll watch anything with a Zombie in it.

Then you prolly like The Rachel Madcow show - hee hee :D

Maddow a zombie? Zombies aren't capable of being nearly that smug.

Forum List

Back