Favorite Directors?

MortSahlFan

Rookie
Aug 17, 2019
Vittorio De Sica, Robert Bresson, ohn Cassavetes, Luchino Visconti, Frank Capra, Akira Kurosawa, Ken Loach, Mike Leigh, Ingmar Bergman, John Huston, Elia Kazan, Robert Altman, Billy Wilder, Aki Kaurismaki, William Wyler, Paul Mazursky, Sidney Lumet, Abbas Kiarostami, Stanley Kubrick

David Lynch, Marty Scorsese, David Lean, Young Spielberg (an excellent audience manipulator), Howard Hawks, Stanley Kubrick, Alfred Hitchcock, Frances Ford Coppola,
Sergio Leone, Ridley Scott, Hayao Miyazaki, Elia Kazan, Mel Brooks, Brian De Palma, Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarentino.

Not big on directors, but I will go see a Ron Howard or Scorsese movie just because their name is on it. Billy Wilder has a couple of excellent movies, and of course Hitchcock has several great ones.

Not big on directors, but I will go see a Ron Howard or Scorsese movie just because their name is on it. Billy Wilder has a couple of excellent movies, and of course Hitchcock has several great ones.
Did you see Billy Wilder's "Ace in the Hole"?

Been a long while, but yes. I remember liking most of his movies, but they run Sunset Boulevard more than the others. I liked Lost Weekend, Double Indemnity. Most people remember him for his comedies, though. They ran Ace In The Hole on UHF channels for a while a last year.

Been a long while, but yes. I remember liking most of his movies, but they run Sunset Boulevard more than the others. I liked Lost Weekend, Double Indemnity. Most people remember him for his comedies, though. They ran Ace In The Hole on UHF channels for a while a last year.
Double Indemnity was the first one I saw of his, but its been 20 years, but those others you mentioned are my favorite of his.

Forum List

Back