Favorite Comfort Food Recipes

I'm a week late with this recipe since Mardi Gras was last Tuesday...

Jambalaya courtesy of Paula Deen

Ingredients
Jambalaya Mix, recipe follows
2 1/2 cups water
1 (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes
1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
1/2 pound fully cooked smoked sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
1/2 to 3/4 pound medium, fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
Directions
In a Dutch oven, combine mix, water, tomatoes, tomato sauce and smoked sausage. Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high head. Cover, reduce heat and let simmer for 20 minutes. Add shrimp and cook for an additional 5 to 7 minutes, or until shrimp are pink.

Serve immediately.

Jambalaya Mix:

1 cup long-grain rice

3 tablespoons dried minced onion

1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes

1 tablespoon beef bouillon granules

1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves

1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper

1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper

1/4 teaspoon salt

1 bay leaf

Jambalaya Recipe : Paula Deen : Food Network

(I double this recipe.)

It was! And I have leftovers...

r u sharing? Holding out bowl! I'll even provide my own rice...

LOL. I can't find too many people around me that are passionate about food. Come on over! I love cooking for friends and family, and you don't have to be conservative. Just don't talk to the hubby if you're a liberal because he'll eat you up alive. Haha.

It was! And I have leftovers...

LOL. I can't find too many people around me that are passionate about food. Come on over! I love cooking for friends and family, and you don't have to be conservative. Just don't talk to the hubby if you're a liberal because he'll eat you up alive. Haha.

I have to work through Friday. If I leave after school, should be there sometime Sat. afternoon. Got to leave a few hours later, to be at school, awake on Monday. Cool with you? :lol:

What a mf of a country, distance wise!

I have to work through Friday. If I leave after school, should be there sometime Sat. afternoon. Got to leave a few hours later, to be at school, awake on Monday. Cool with you? :lol:

Cool. But that's why I tell everyone to move back to NYC because now you've got a b*tch of a commute. :lol:

Cool. But that's why I tell everyone to move back to NYC because now you've got a b*tch of a commute. :lol:
Ah, got a point there, then again, might be even a tad more crowded? LOL! My kin never went to NYC to my knowledge, other than passing through to Boston via Ellis Island.

If i need comfort food I want something fast. I think meatloaf is good, but that takes forever. My favorite thing to grab at home is chips with melted cheese on top. Cookies melted in the microwave are good. If I'm going out then it will always include a milk shake and either a burger or Mozzarella cheese sticks. Arby's has the best sticks I've tasted for the price. Mm....

I hate thyme. Blech. I think it makes things taste not just like plastic, but plastic shit.

Rosemary, now, you can never have too much rosemary. I used to have rosemary growing in my patio flower boxes, and I'd open up the sliding glass door and just bump them and the whole apartment would smell like rosemary.....mmmmm

Paula Deen from the Food Network started out selling bag lunches to construction workers and other people, her business was called The Bag Lady, I believe.

Ever since I watched her make this salad, I've been hooked on the stuff summer or winter. Here is her recipe:

Paula Deen’s Chicken Salad

1 (3-pound) chicken
Salt and pepper
1 onion, quartered
2 celery stalks
1 cup chopped celery
4 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
2 teaspoons seasoning salt (suggested: Jane's mixed up Krazy salt)
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 to 3 tablespoons chicken stock
Directions

Place the chicken along with the salt, pepper, onion, and celery stalks in a large stock pot. Cover with water and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer until the chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken from pot, cool, and remove skin and bones. Reserve the liquid. Dice the chicken and place in a large bowl. Add the chopped celery, eggs, seasoning salt, mayonnaise, lemon-pepper, pepper, and some reserved stock and mix well.

I like salads but this one is my fav.

Paula Deen from the Food Network started out selling bag lunches to construction workers and other people, her business was called The Bag Lady, I believe.

Ever since I watched her make this salad, I've been hooked on the stuff summer or winter. Here is her recipe:

1 (3-pound) chicken
Salt and pepper
1 onion, quartered
2 celery stalks
1 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup mayonnaise
Directions

Place the chicken along with the salt, pepper, onion, and celery stalks in a large stock pot. Cover with water and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer until the chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken from pot, cool, and remove skin and bones. Reserve the liquid. Dice the chicken and place in a large bowl. Add the chopped celery, eggs, seasoning salt, mayonnaise, lemon-pepper, pepper, and some reserved stock and mix well.

What? No butter? :eek:

1 (3-pound) chicken
Salt and pepper
1 onion, quartered
2 celery stalks
1 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup mayonnaise
Directions

That sounds great. She also has a restaurant down south called the Lady & Sons. Hope to visit it one day.

Forum List

Back