Favorite Coffee

Joz

Mar 9, 2004
I use to work for Coffee Beanery. They had some WONDERFUL flavored coffees. But they are also VERY expensive last time I checked. Too, you get what you pay for.

A local store just started carrying "Seattle's Best". Started out with their 'Cinnabon' then tried 'Chocolate Toffee' now, "Creme Brulee'; not too fond of it. Think I'll go back to the Choco toffee. What about other coffees. Anyone have a fav?

Joz said:
I use to work for Coffee Beanery. They had some WONDERFUL flavored coffees. But they are also VERY expensive last time I checked. Too, you get what you pay for.

A local store just started carrying "Seattle's Best". Started out with their 'Cinnabon' then tried 'Chocolate Toffee' now, "Creme Brulee'; not too fond of it. Think I'll go back to the Choco toffee. What about other coffees. Anyone have a fav?
Just so you know - Seattle's Best got bought out by none other than Starbuck's.

HGROKIT said:
Just so you know - Seattle's Best got bought out by none other than Starbuck's.

So what does that mean? They're going to change the coffee? Doesn't like competition? If I liked Starbuck's I'd be buying Starbuck's.

Seattle's Best Coffee is anything but - especially if it's getting made at Cinnabon.

Starbucks is decent but expensive. I only drink it when I'm out of twon and there's nothing else available.

My place is a local place called Endicott's Coffee. Great stuff. I also like Martin Henry's and Austin Chase.

Joz said:
So what does that mean? They're going to change the coffee? Doesn't like competition? If I liked Starbuck's I'd be buying Starbuck's.
Good old American Capitolism - copmetition too good? Buy them out. Just telling you in case you had an axe to grind with Starbucks.

HGROKIT said:
Good old American Capitolism - copmetition too good? Buy them out. Just telling you in case you had an axe to grind with Starbucks.

Starbucks also bought Torrefazione, my favorite coffee. Their dark roast may be the best coffee bean I ever bought....and now they are gone (sigh)

remie said:
Starbucks also bought Torrefazione, my favorite coffee. Their dark roast may be the best coffee bean I ever bought....and now they are gone (sigh)

So, you're telling me, now that I have finally found a coffee that agrees with me, they'll eliminate it?! Can't they just own the company & let them still make coffee their way? They'll still be making money.
Ps. I just wrote to the company.

gop_jeff said:
Seattle's Best Coffee is anything but - especially if it's getting made at Cinnabon.

'Cinnabon', is a flavor. Not 'Cinnabon', the place.

There was a place I went to down on Lake Austin (can't remember the name) in Austin, TX that made REALLY good coffee.

Dillo, do you know where I am talking about? Also, is the coffee as good as I remember or was it the coffee AND the atmosphere that made it so good....?

freeandfun1 said:
.... or was it the coffee AND the atmosphere that made it so good....?

Sometimes atmosphere can do alot. MMmmmm, I can smell the coffee, now........

jimnyc said:
Dunkin Donuts coffee rules!

I agree! I hear that in the Midwest, :) they dilute it a bit, to accomodate our palates. I have them add about 1/4 in. hot water to large, then it's good! I drink waaayyy too much coffee to drink it strong. Starbucks only for very special occassions, when I don't care if I shake! :eek2:

Forum List

Back