Favorite Christmas Show

Againsheila

Gold Member
Nov 1, 2008
Federal Way WA
It's a love/hate relationship with me and the TV this time of year. I love all the Christmas shows but at the same time I hate them. I always end up crying especially at the good endings.

My absolute all time favorite Christmas episode was the Partridge Family Christmas where they were stuck in a ghost town and started telling a story about the town having a Christmas when it was alive. It was so funny, with Keith Partridge playing the town sheriff carrying around his guitar and strumming it and singing little phrases. My favorite was "I think I'll lick my lolly later" the he puts the lollipop under his hat. Of course later on you see him trying to get it out of his hair. Probably the only Christmas episode that left me laughing instead of crying.

Anybody else have any favorite Christmas episodes? Not movies, episodes of tv shows.

o wow good question...lol...a tv show..nope not a one i can think of...movies yes ....but other than the common one..grinch....etc...i got nothing

My favorite was always the Year Without A Santa Clause. The Miser brothers were hilarious.

I like the Simpsons episode where Homer lost all the Christmas money at the dog track but brought home Santa's Little Helper.

the one with the kid that curses a blue streak with the the daisy bb gun and almost puts his eye out..I know it doesn't sound very christmassie but its really is..anyone remember what its called ??

A Christmas Story. I can't believe after all these years we agree on something. :eek:

A Christmas Story. I can't believe after all these years we agree on something. :eek:

That one is my all time favorite too

$images3.jpg

$ralphie_soap.jpg

$red_ryder_ad.jpg

You'll shoot your eye out

Last edited:
"A Muppet Christmas Carol" is wonderfully funny and surprisingly heart-warming - a big favorite in my house.

And if you haven't seen "Love Actually" I highly recommend it...stellar cast (Alan Rickman, Liam Neeson, Emma Thompson, Hugh Grant, Keira Knightley, Colin Firth, and more) and is full of funny and touching Christmas moments.

A Christmas Story is one of my favs as well as It's a Wonderful Life, Miracle on 34th street (original), and Rudolf the Red nose Reindeer, A Christmas Carol/scrooge, and bill murry's Scrooged is funny too!

ok, i admit it, i like ALL christmas movies! :)

A Wonderful Life. No comparison, IMO. The only one I watch anymore. But when I was a kid it was Rudolph the Red Nosed.

I have DVD's of "It's A Wonderful Life" and the original, "Miracle on 34th Street". Both are must sees. I also like "White Christmas" and "Going My Way".

I always cry in the beginning and end of "White Christmas." It reminds me of my grandfather, a WWII medic...who always teared up at "White Christmas."

I love "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer," because I love the elf that wants to be a dentist and the polka-dot elephant. But I have such a hard time watching it now as an adult - Santa and the adult reindeer are such a-holes to Rudolph because of his nose...and Santa never apologizes for it. I know kids don't pick up on it...but I hate that the "grown-ups" in the show pick on a "child" for being different...I know, I know...way to deep for Rudolph...but it bugs me, even though I watch it each year.

Yeah Rudolph was a classic. And Frosty.

The kids just watched Rudolph with me the other night for the first time, they loved it. Well, the baby didn't really care but my almost 5 year old daughter did. This was the first year I actually caught it on TV in over a decade.

I love them all. It's the best time of year for me. I really hope my bf is a snuggle in front of the fire kind of guy. :eusa_pray:

Forum List

Back