Favorite Christmas Movies.

Home Alone

Meet Me In St Louis!

Little Women.

And that war movie,, where the soldiers have a cease fire.. I forget the title.

Ah, yes. "The Grinch Who Stole Christmas" is the best cartoon ever. Boris Karloff made the cartoon what it is, in my opinion. :)

much better than the cartoon [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZ6sp550r78]YouTube - How the Grinch Stole Christmas! - movie - part 1 of 12[/ame]

I am old school. The Jim Carey version does not trump the classic cartoon. :)

Agree 100%. I didn't like anything about the Jim Carey version . . . except Jim Carey.

The original is the best.

I always watch A Christmas Carol, usually two or three versions. I like the 1951 version and the 1984 with George C Scott. And anyone that hasn't read the original book by Dickens it is recommended reading.

The Bill Murray version is also great. They did a good job adapting it to modern day. How many of you have got the brass cahones to tell someone to staple antlers to a mouse's head.

There are also a number of Hallmark Channel movies that I have on DVD that are must watches every year.

Holiday Switch
Comfort and Joy
Silent Night with Linda Hamilton. Based on a true story I believe about US and German soldiers towards the end of WW2 that meet up and share a truce and a house with the owner of the house for the night near Christmas time.
Christmas Do-Over

And we always kick off Christmas season with Christmas Vacation Friday after Thanksgiving.

What Christmas movies are your favorite? For me, "A Christmas Story" is at the top of the list. I can watch that movie time after time, and never get tired of it. "Christmas Vacation" with Chevy Chase is another good movie.
The Christmas Card. Hallmark's highest grossing film ( 2007 ) and based on a true story. It's not quite as cheesy as much of Hallmark's stuff. ;)

I like movies from Hollywood's golden age. Some Christmas films I liked are:
Remember the Night (1940)
The Shop Around the Corner (1940)
I'll Be Seeing You (1944)
It's a Wonderful Life (1946)
The Bishop's Wife (1947)
Miracle on 34th Street (1947)

Of those I'd say The Shop Around the Corner is my favorite. The Bishop's Wife and Miracle on 34th Street are probably next.
Of those I rented for my kids when they were growing up, the ones I recall are:
A Christmas Story (1983)
Gremlins (1984).​

Really enjoyed A Christmas Story, its scenes of Cleveland took me back to my memories of the late 1950's when we lived very near there. Plus besides that connection what was really spooky, the name of the Parker's two sons are my younger brother's and my names.

Last edited:
White Christmas
National lampoon christmas vacation
Grinch
Rudolph the original... the remakes just werent as good

I like movies from Hollywood's golden age. Some Christmas films I liked are:
Remember the Night (1940)
The Shop Around the Corner (1940)
I'll Be Seeing You (1944)
It's a Wonderful Life (1946)
The Bishop's Wife (1947)
Miracle on 34th Street (1947)

Of those I'd say The Shop Around the Corner is my favorite. The Bishop's Wife and Miracle on 34th Street are probably next.
Of those I rented for my kids when they were growing up, the ones I recall are:
A Christmas Story (1983)
Gremlins (1984).​

Really enjoyed A Christmas Story, its scenes of Cleveland took me back to my memories of the late 1950's when we lived very near there. Plus besides that connection what was really spooky, the name of the Parker's two sons are my younger brother's and my names.
I was wondering if anyone would mention The Bishop's Wife.

Also, let's hear it for Barbara Stanwick inChristmas in Connecticut.

Forum List

Back