favorite burger?

Dan

Aug 28, 2003
Aiken, SC
What's your favorite burger? Either how do you fix them when you make them, or what's your favorite from a restaurant?

Mine's this burger, I think it's called the Texas burger or something like that, it's at the Longhorn Saloon, a restaurant in Columbia, SC (I dunno if it's a chain or not). First off, the burger itself is gigantic, like 2/3 of a pound or something. Then they put cheddar and american cheese, bacon, chili, sour cream, lettuce, tomato, onions, and pickles on it. Oh, yeah, my arteries are throbbing just thinking about it, but man, it's dee-lish.

As for fast food, I like Wendy's. I usually get the single with cheese, lettuce, mayonaise and their chili sauce (not salsa).

If I make them myself, I basically prepare them like meatballs and then squish em.

Dan, have had them before,served open faced smothered with chili.. called texburgers I think... wendys is #1 fast for me...triple with cheese:D

Wendy's here too! classic!!!! jon you piggy, a triple!!??? hehehe. Although, while I was pregnant with my daughter, I think I could have eaten about two triple's!!!:D

Originally posted by jon_forward
pass on the brew but the burger ..yumm
Hey thats cool, maybe a refreshing ice tea.

There is also a sports bar here that has a Goo burger. The guy's name is Goo believe it or not. It has sliced ham a pineapple ring and barbeque sauce. And yes it is gooey, but really good.
Great topic Dan, burgers are awsome!

My dad grills a mean burger. I am still trying to get the hang of it. Anyway, take said grilled burger, pile on Swiss cheese, ketchup, mustard, mayo, salsa, tomato, and pickle, and you've got yourself one hell of a burger!!! Wash down with your BEvERage of choice!

My dad grills a mean burger.
It's funny you should say that, it seems like in all the places I've ever had a hamburger, none are as good as when my dad cooks them. I guess it's the whole comfort food thing.

Olive Cheeseburger ...

Lots of Chopped Green Olives and Mozzarella or Provolone Cheese on a lightly toasted bun.

Lettuce, Tomato and lots of Mayo -- enough to make it squirt out when you bite into the burger !

The Blue Cheese Burger sounds great too.

:ahem: Hungry I guess :lol:

Wendy's definately!!:thup: They have the best burgers and fries!!

But, if I make them at home...I like to add onion mix to the ground beef and cook them on the grill!! Yummy! My stomach is growling now!:p:

If anyone belongs to Costco..try the Black Angus burgers burgers. They are GREAT. To top it off..they are already cooked and you cook them in the micro. They turn out great. I am ANTI-micro so this is a huge endorsement. I usually eat mine plain, not even a bun. :)

A patty melt in NY delis:

Sliced rye bread, topped with two beef patties & swiss cheese, broiled til bubbly. Sliced rye bread placed on the side (to put on the top after condiment application).

Now, I might add that my father in law's favorite story of mine is that one day in NYC I went to a dive for lunch. Not 21, not Le Cirque mind you, just a diner type estabishment. Spent $10 for a tuna melt!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Moi
A patty melt in NY delis:

Sliced rye bread, topped with two beef patties & swiss cheese, broiled til bubbly. Sliced rye bread placed on the side (to put on the top after condiment application).

That's it, I love those.:thup:

Forum List

Back