Fav Xmas memories ... and what did you do last night?

The Kids and I usually pick a new cookie recipe to try every year. This Christmas eve we made...

GUMDROP COOKIES

1 c. butter
1 c. white sugar
1 c. light brown sugar
2 eggs, unbeaten
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp. salt
1 c. gumdrops
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 c. coconut
1 c. chopped walnuts
3 c. + 2 tbsp. flour

Cream shortening and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla. Sift dry ingredients and add with the balance of ingredients. Drop level teaspoons of batter onto ungreased cookie sheet, handling dough as little as possible. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes.
Brach's individually wrapped fruit slices in assorted flavors work best. About 15 fruit slices, each cut into 8 to 12 pieces, yield 1 to 1 1/4 cups.

Pretty good too.

They sound very pretty. How did they taste? Chewy?

They were similar in taste to a sugar cookie (the dough not as sweet though),the gumdrops were chewy but they added a sweet fruity taste and texture to the cookie. And they looked very Christmasy and colorful.

That will make a great memory! For you and also for the people you were so kind to. :)

I hope you don't live in Texas where a band of teenagers trespassing on private property could have ended up shot!!!!

No, this was not Texas. :tongue: It was in some pretty ghetto areas of Kansas City tho.

No, this was not Texas. :tongue: It was in some pretty ghetto areas of Kansas City tho.

So then not only did you do a very kind thing on Xmas you did a brave thing as well. :)

I'm glad to hear that everyone in this thread had a happy Xmas, and not to detract from anyone's holiday, but I have to say, Amanda, I think you and your friend's way of celebrating his birthday would have pleased Jesus most of all.

So then not only did you do a very kind thing on Xmas you did a brave thing as well. :)

I'm glad to hear that everyone in this thread had a happy Xmas, and not to detract from anyone's holiday, but I have to say, Amanda, I think you and your friend's way of celebrating his birthday would have pleased Jesus most of all.

Aw, thank you. :redface:

It wasn't that brave really, there were a lot of us so it wasn't likely that we'd get mugged for our truckload of gifts. And there wasn't hardly a soul awake when we started.

I was active in my old church, but since I've moved here I've been able to do so much more. It sucks that there are more needy people but it's really nice to be able to help them. This church here has a really string youth ministry, it's great to see so many kids that want to get involved. And, since I'm sure a few people are wondering, I haven't seen as much sex going on here either which strikes me kinda strange. Maybe I'm just not enough of an insider or maybe it's because I reinvented myself as a goodie-goodie girl but it's nice to see more of the kids saving themselves for either more committed relationships or marriage.

New Topics

Forum List

Back