Fav Xmas memories ... and what did you do last night?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anguille, Dec 25, 2008.

1. Anguille

Anguille Bane of the Urbane

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,137
    I went caroling instead of baking all the indian corn meal cookies I'm baking today. Our big Christmas will be on Boxing Day this year. We keave this afternoon.

One of my fav Xmas memories was attending Xmas Eve mass in Notre Dame de Paris. It was packed way beyond any conceivable fire code. A woman wrapped in white sheets rushed the pulpit howling something about killing all the wise men and King Louis the 16th too. She was removed without the priest missing a syllable of his sermon and in spite of the bloody bite to his ear that she left him with.
    Next the guy with the big incense burner swinging at the end of an iron pole tried to make his way through the crowd but somebody mistook the smoke for the burning fuse of a bomb and started shrieking about terrorists. We nearly got trampled in that mob scene as half the cathedral headed to the doors. I'm not sure what other crazy stuff went on because the police made everyone standing in the back get out. So we left and walked home laughing at taxis slide and careen in the 1/2 inch of snow that even foul mouthed French cab drivers can't manage to drive in.

Have yourselves a Merry Little Christmas USMB boys and girls!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Caligirl

Caligirl Oh yes it is too!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +240
    This year I learned that my daughter's complaint of "no fair she got better/more presents than me" has a flip side, which is "no fair all our presents are the same."

I learned that parents can stew over presents for months trying to make a happy occasion, and some kids will just complain no matter what.

=Sigh=

Seems to have been a good christmas anyway, we have learned to expect complaints on christmas from one of our children. Heh, it's a tradition at this point.

3. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    My son came over. We marinated steaks and grilled them. Exchanged gifts and laughed about some crazy Christmas' we've shared together in the past. I think he was more thrilled by this little piece of steel and magnesium fire starter than he was the .22 rifle I refinished and gave him but that's him. Loves the small goofy stuff. He's buying my fishing license for me--awesome !

4. strollingbones

strollingbones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,939
    very quiet night....my son came over and we watched dark knight....ate and all....just a quiet night....

5. del

del BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,885
    my daughter and i helped light the handheld candles for the congregation during christmas eve service last night. we sang silent night by candlelight in an almost 300 yr old meetinghouse. it was very cool. afterwards, we all had hot chocolate.

then i went outside and helped people get their cars up the ice coated driveway in the rain.

sounds weird, but it was fun.

and to all a good night.

6. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,703
    We went out to see all the Christmas lights, sang with Karen Carpenter on the radio, had butternut cake and coffee, today has been leisurly, husband did most of the cooking, I only had to do the stuffing and mashed potatoes. Watched the celebration of Christmas on Fox with Rick Warren. and now I'm sitting here with my coffee and Bailey's. :eusa_angel:

7. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Spent the night last with my brother and family. Very nice. Had a good breakfast and conversation. The kids went to their father's after, now I'm waiting for their return and we'll do dinner.

8. sky dancer

sky dancer Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Stayed home all day, finished a novel, watched the snow fall, walked the dog, laughed to see her running in the snow. Made love with my honey. Called people I care about. Started clearing out files and setting goals. Watched a episode of THE WIRE.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2008
  9. Lycurgus

Lycurgus Who is Obama, really...??

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +258
    My fondest Christmas memory is a really tough thing to consider, so many of them have been very special. I would venture to say all of the first Christmas' have been my most special. My first with my wife, my first with each child and my first with each grand child, thus far.

Last night was pretty normal around here. My wife and I spend Christmas Eve wrapping presents, cooking and/or baking, listening to Christmas music, getting in each others way at times and sharing some memories and laughs. Last night was no different. More times than not it goes on until the very early hours of Christmas morning or simply all night. Last night was all night.

10. Sporty

Sporty Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Evening my family sits on our couches around the tree and opens presents, we are all laughing together and being nice. It's impossible to be unhappy...