Father's Day Gifts

CremeBrulee

Gold Member
Jul 30, 2015
Toad Hall
Father's Day is Sunday for any of you that may have forgotten. I got my dad a bottle of Highland Park 18 Year Scotch and a cupcake with a rice krispy lawnmower that has little Oreos for wheels on top. I was wondering if anyone has tried it and what their opinion is. The Scotch that is; not the cupcake. Feel free to post your Father's Day gifts here too.

highland-park-18-year-old-whisky.jpg

I don't really drink. I do enjoy a glass of single malt with my pipe occasionally. The store didn't carry Laphroaig 18 Year (rumored it is being discontinued by the way :eek:) that I like. I love the intense peat taste. It's almost like someone dropped a bit of liquid smoke in the bottle. It was suggested I get the Ardbeg 10 Year. I haven't had that either. Does anyone know if they are comparable?

I think a smoking gun is a neat gift idea if anyone is still looking. My brother has one. You can make some pretty interesting drinks. It works well with vanilla and the rum we bring back from the islands every year. Tasty. You can obviously use it for food too.

smoky_mixology_jpg_360x360_crop-scale_upscale_q85.jpg

I'm a Speyburn guy...good old Cutty if I'm making rockets.

Got some 15 year Glenfiddich hidden at the back of the bar.

It's all good...

Happy Father's Day....remembering the key role our wives play in us getting there.

Haha. I hide the good Scotch too, in addition to keeping the Kona peaberry beans in the back of the freezer where nobody will find them. They stay safe so long as I keep some regular beans in the front.:D

Haha. I hide the good Scotch too, in addition to keeping the Kona peaberry beans in the back of the freezer where nobody will find them. They stay safe so long as I keep some regular beans in the front.:D
Had to google that pea berry reference. At that price I'd have them in the gun safe!

Cheers!

My standing request to my sons for Fathers Day is for just a card - funny being understood - along with a hug and a kiss. Usually they comply but occasionally pool their money for some sort of goofy present they know I'll get a kick out of.

I have a dad and a step-dad. I bought these heavy cowboy hat planters and a boot, cowboy hat water feature
$_62.JPG

b7bda79d6e6db591d1339c3282a82354.jpg

and books, and
418glU356lL.jpg

I gave my dad what I give him every year. Nothing.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Once he finally deserves a gift, he'll get one. Now about y'all who don't have a dad to give a gift to. Do you have anyone in your life who is like a dad to you? If yes, get them something. :) :) :)

Forum List

Back