Father's Day coming up fast

If I knew where my father was I would do more than a card. A picnic or party ... cards just seem so impersonal.

a lot of you who are at odds with you dads or moms should consider this.....you are lucky to have them.....i would give anything to have something to do june 21st....my friends are with their families...my son and husband go off to wv on a climbing and rafting trip....my only friends without fathers have kids....so they have plans....it is one of the lonier days i know

how can you wish your mother dead? i am fighting hell and high water and a crazy old bat.....to get the right medical treatment for my mother...i fight her but good news the left breast lump was beign.

my mother was not the best mother in the world and has a real cruel streak but she is my mother. i couldnt imagine hating her.

how can you wish your mother dead? i am fighting hell and high water and a crazy old bat.....to get the right medical treatment for my mother...i fight her but good news the left breast lump was beign.

my mother was not the best mother in the world and has a real cruel streak but she is my mother. i couldnt imagine hating her.

Meh ... I just do ... I have many many many many many many reasons to do, can't even pick one, they are all equally horrible.

i wont pry then.....but missourian is right cards need to be gotten plans need to be made.....not much planning to a climbing trip but i do need to plan the rafting trip for hubby ...son is a terra firma type

Oh, now that would be an awesome idea, rent a boat and go fishing with my dad ... *sigh* those were the days, when he would take me fishing while the morons stayed at home with their "scriptures".

we use to hunt and fish...he was fun....if it was illegal ...he didnt care...as long as we were not in danger...i remember he told my mother one time...hell anything fun is illegal....

Last edited:
we use to hunt and fish...he was fun....if it was illegal ...he didnt care...as long as we were not in danger...i remember he told my mother one time...hell anything fun is illegal....

My dad has this fly rod, if anyone even thought of touching it he would smack their ass ...

... took me to the lake one time, said he was going to teach me how to fly fish ... and handed me that rod. Never forgot that day, never will.

My Dad loved to fish. One of my earlier memories of him was going fishing for bluegill with what seemed to me then, to be an enormous cane pole. This will be our first Father's Day with him gone. I expect the 21st will be a long day for us here and I hope everyone take's Bones' advice and enjoys some time with their Dads if they're lucky enough to still have them.

My Dad loved to fish. One of my earlier memories of him was going fishing for bluegill with what seemed to me then, to be an enormous cane pole. This will be our first Father's Day with him gone. I expect the 21st will be a long day for us here and I hope everyone take's Bones' advice and enjoys some time with their Dads if they're lucky enough to still have them.

Teaching me how to fish may have been the best thing Dad ever did for me ! He died suddenly in 2001. I miss the old bastard even though he made me wear a coat and tie once in awhile.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

Forum List

Back