Father vs Daughter's Boyfriend

I just can't seem to adjust.
He's an okay kid, he does anything she tells him to do. He's smart enough, trustworthy enough, my wife likes him but still the whole thing bugs me..

He does anything she TELLS him to do?

Tell her to dump him, he's "whipped".:whip:

He's an okay kid, he does anything she tells him to do. He's smart enough, trustworthy enough, my wife likes him but still the whole thing bugs me..

This could be a self-correcting problem. If he voted for Obama, he'll probably turn out gay and you won't have to worry about him anymore.

I bet your wife's dad said the same thing about you.

Girls like boys. Boys like girls.

Deal Daddy-O

I have 3 daughters and a son.. I love my daughters (and my son of course) but I sometimes think it's like a Karma thing for past trusting parents.

Well, I have a 14 yo daughter. And the thing is, I trust her, and her judgement. You should do the same with your daughter, you'll sleep easier at night Daddy-O! :D

(Um lumpy1 - take note: EZ is 29 and has a 14 yo daughter. You may have different ideas about trust and judgement...:lol:)

No advice from me my friend, except to treat yourself to a delicious Vodka-Valium latte next time they go out. Works like a charm. :eusa_whistle:

I have 3 daughters and a son.. I love my daughters (and my son of course) but I sometimes think it's like a Karma thing for past trusting parents.

Well, I have a 14 yo daughter. And the thing is, I trust her, and her judgement. You should do the same with your daughter, you'll sleep easier at night Daddy-O! :D

(Um lumpy1 - take note: EZ is 29 and has a 14 yo daughter. You may have different ideas about trust and judgement...:lol:)

No advice from me my friend, except to treat yourself to a delicious Vodka-Valium latte next time they go out. Works like a charm. :eusa_whistle:

Till she ends up pregnant.

o looks like someone remembers what he was like at that age....

Ah yes, the bra burning, free loving, flower giving, pot sharing, "pill" popping, commune living, etc. days of yore .. so much candy and so much time.

My daughter doesn't get to have a boyfriend until she leaves home. She's 7 and I've already let her know.

I didn't let my boys date until 16. By the time they reached that age, they were very picky and actually didn't "date" until they were older.

Clean your shotgun in front of him a few times.

If you have a Glock show it to him.

If you try that too many times, she'll keep him hanging around longer than she even wants him just to get back at you.

My daughter doesn't get to have a boyfriend until she leaves home. She's 7 and I've already let her know.

I didn't let my boys date until 16. By the time they reached that age, they were very picky and actually didn't "date" until they were older.

Well....good luck with that one....

I tried for 18 but my wife made other plans, starts with "innocent" school dances, precedes to walk in movies and family get togethers.

Sorry your a light weight, neither the boy or girl till out of the house and over 18. I believe in full sexual and relationship repression as long as I am in any way responsible for them.

Way back when my daughter first started to date, if a fella came around that I didn't like I would get him alone and tell him that my daughter had herpes and to be very careful when intimate. Funny thing. I never seen the guy again after that night. After she moved away, I got a post card that said she had married a guy in Iowa.:lol:

I'm lying but it makes a good story, huh?

Sorry your a light weight, neither the boy or girl till out of the house and over 18. I believe in full sexual and relationship repression as long as I am in any way responsible for them.

Lol..she'll be 18 before she graduates, so I'm safe on that one. I've also made it clear that she is too good for anyone in our zip code.

Lol..she'll be 18 before she graduates, so I'm safe on that one. I've also made it clear that she is too good for anyone in our zip code.

*stunned*

*stunned*

Gosh me too.. I was kinda hoping for some kindly, yet righteous butt kicking... shezzz..:lol:

I figure if I work on her when she's young enough, it will become ingrained in her being before she hits 13 and goes nuts, as all 13 y.o. girls do.

I can and will kick butt if it's required. I'm hoping she'll do her own. I've got the jump....all the boys in her age group are fairly terrified of me.

I figure if I work on her when she's young enough, it will become ingrained in her being before she hits 13 and goes nuts, as all 13 y.o. girls do.

I can and will kick butt if it's required. I'm hoping she'll do her own. I've got the jump....all the boys in her age group are fairly terrified of me.

Well actually, I was talking about Firegod but I do get your point.

I think if you love them and keep the communication lines as open as reasonable, you stand a pretty good chance. There are so many rotten influences that you can never really relax though. Sometimes you end up just hoping for the best..

It's a never ending roller coaster ride for sure..

You'll learn to like me better in the long run.

:razz: :rofl:

Forum List

Back