Father vs Daughter's Boyfriend

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
I just can't seem to adjust.
He's an okay kid, he does anything she tells him to do. He's smart enough, trustworthy enough, my wife likes him but still the whole thing bugs me..

He's an okay kid, he does anything she tells him to do. He's smart enough, trustworthy enough, my wife likes him but still the whole thing bugs me..

I bet your wife's dad said the same thing about you.

Girls like boys. Boys like girls.

Deal Daddy-O

Deal Daddy-O

I have 3 daughters and a son.. I love my daughters (and my son of course) but I sometimes think it's like a Karma thing for past trusting parents.

Deal Daddy-O

I have 3 daughters and a son.. I love my daughters (and my son of course) but I sometimes think it's like a Karma thing for past trusting parents.

Well, I have a 14 yo daughter. And the thing is, I trust her, and her judgement. You should do the same with your daughter, you'll sleep easier at night Daddy-O! :D

Clean your shotgun in front of him a few times.

If you have a Glock show it to him.

Check.. done that and the knife collection, he still keeps showing up...:lol:

Deal Daddy-O

Well, I have a 14 yo daughter. And the thing is, I trust her, and her judgement. You should do the same with your daughter, you'll sleep easier at night Daddy-O! :D

Trust but verify.

Deal Daddy-O

I trust my daughter, she's a great Gal... but still a boyfriend or Guys hanging around just plain bugs me..

This must be a Guy thing.. even my son around at a certain age kinda bugged me at times, I might add, I'm a little ashamed by that because he's a great son and I couldn't ask for a better one.

I trust my daughter, she's a great Gal... but still a boyfriend or Guys hanging around just plain bugs me..

This must be a Guy thing.. even my son around at a certain age kinda bugged me at times, I might add, I'm a little ashamed by that because he's a great son and I couldn't ask for a better one.

I'm a woman and unfortuntately never had children but IMO if your gut is saying something is not right with this boy then go by your gut and keep a close eye on him. You never know and don't want to be the LAST TO KNOW!!

Deal Daddy-O

I think my dad likes to think my sister and I are still virgins. ( we both have kids)
And the best advise I can give is, don't tell your daughter you don't like him. If you want him to go away, act like his best friend.

Deal Daddy-O

I think my dad likes to think my sister and I are still virgins. ( we both have kids)
And the best advise I can give is, don't tell your daughter you don't like him. If you want him to go away, act like his best friend.

mmm .. I'll have to think on that one..

Deal Daddy-O

Excellent advise....and even though I have 15 year old twins and am divorced, my Dad swears the twins are the result of the 2nd Immaculate Conception. ;) :lol:

I just think Daddies have a hard time letting their daughters grow up. I'm watching this happen now with my 15 year old daughter and her Daddy. She's on the Varsity Wrestling team--so its a really strange dynamic anyway. I guess I kind of understand Lumpy and her Dad, but as has been pointed out. Boys like girls, girls like boys.

The only good thing about our girl is she doesn't like ANY of the guys on the team like "boys". She views them as extra big brothers (she's a freshman and being Varisity, they're all upperclassmen). Thank GOD....

Should have seen Daddy at her first match. He said "the first guy to put his dick in her face is gonna have to deal with ME".....

HE is 6'4", 250lbs of muscle, bald (as in que ball) and looks mean as hell (he's really a crybaby puss, but that's another story). He played offensive guard on a full ride college scholarship, so he definitely looks like he could hurt a guy easily.

I don't see a lot of dates in our daughter's future. As soon as the guy lays eyes on her Dad, the guy's gonna head for the hills! :D

mmm .. I'll have to think on that one..

Lumpy---the more you push a teenaged girl NOT to date a boy, the more you PUSH HER RIGHT INTO HIS ARMS.

Even if you can't stand the kid, act like his best buddy. Keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer.

Eventually, she'll get tired of him always being around "smothering her"--and--palling around with YOU. When she realizes he spends more time hanging with YOU than her, she'll dump him!

Trust us.....we know what we're talking about! Seriously.

Forum List

Back