father shoots daughter--this is NOT an accident

harmonica

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2017
What moron cleans a loaded gun? Besides the one on the OP?

the very first thing you do is check the chamber
I was in the USMC for 8 years, and I think I remember 1 inadvertent discharge with no injuries

the very first thing you do is to check the chamber
I was in the USMC for 8 years, and I think I remember 1 inadvertent discharge with no injuries

That was just luck then. If there was an inadvertent discharge, it was just luck it did not kill someone.

That was just luck then. If there was an inadvertent discharge, it was just luck it did not kill someone.
we did have an M1911A1 ''fall apart'' at the pistol range--they were very old and used

I think the MG gunner was at the front of the squad and it went off
but, we fired many rounds...pistol and rifle with 0 ''accidents''....it takes mental discipline

an accident would be like the overhead at a shooting range fell on your arm while you were shooting
a rock fell on your arm while you are shooting
1.finger on trigger
2.pointing weapon in direction you do not intend to shoot at
3.not checking weapon
4. not instructing/ordering kids to keep away/out of area/etc if necessary
5. DUMBASS
Indiana father accidentally shoots and kills 6-year-old daughter while cleaning gun - NY Daily News
Indiana....these things happen. Oh well. T's & P's.

Yeah, first two things you do...…..pop the clip, then the chamber before dismantling to clean.

But this was a very sad accident. By that I mean that the father had made a mistake and he will be paying for that for the rest of his life

my coworker was also a former active duty Marine
he brought his new pistol in to show me it
the first thing he did was check the chamber not once, but twice

Unfortunately, these firearm deaths due to stupidity are pretty common. Pity it was the little girl on the receiving end rather than the dumbass cleaning a loaded gun.

I don't think they are very common. I've never heard of any in my peer group, which includes many gun owners.

In a nation of 300 million, every thing happens a lot.

Unfortunately, these firearm deaths due to stupidity are pretty common. Pity it was the little girl on the receiving end rather than the dumbass cleaning a loaded gun.

I don't think they are very common. I've never heard of any in my peer group, which includes many gun owners.

In a nation of 300 million, every thing happens a lot.
I suppose so. I only know of one personally. She was an admin at my work. Her husband worked for Leupold, the rifle scope manufacturer. He kept a loaded pistol in his truck. He would take his young son on evening rides to make him sleepy. His son found the pistol and shot himself, dying instantly. She was completely devastated. She went on bereavement leave and I never saw her afterwards.

the very first thing you do is check the chamber
Firearms should never be blamed for human error/stupidity...

an accident would be like the overhead at a shooting range fell on your arm while you were shooting
a rock fell on your arm while you are shooting
1.finger on trigger
2.pointing weapon in direction you do not intend to shoot at
3.not checking weapon
4. not instructing/ordering kids to keep away/out of area/etc if necessary
5. DUMBASS
Indiana father accidentally shoots and kills 6-year-old daughter while cleaning gun - NY Daily News
Fucking idiot. The first thing you should do when you pick up a gun is assume its loaded and clear it.

Yeah, first two things you do...…..pop the clip, then the chamber before dismantling to clean.

But this was a very sad accident. By that I mean that the father had made a mistake and he will be paying for that for the rest of his life

They’re all sad accidents. The three kids who are shot and killed each day in accidental shootings. 1000 every year. Poor sad accidents.

Everyone now !!! Thoughts and prayers!

Shit happens

I love how all you idiots think we can achieve an accident free world

People make mistakes always have always will.

Forum List

Back