Father of Terror Suspect Reportedly Warned U.S. About Son

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
The alleged father of a Nigerian man charged with trying to blow up a Northwest Airlines plane on Christmas Day reportedly warned the U.S. about his son's fanatical religious views and activities, the New York Post reported.

Alhaji Umaru Mutallab, believed to be the suspected terrorist's father, told a Nigerian news outlet that six months ago he alerted the U.S. Embassy to his son's fanatical religious views, the Post reported.

He allegedly told Nigerian newspaper This Day that he had informed both the U.S. Embassy and the Nigerian security services of his 23-year-old son Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab's activities, the Post reported.

Father of Terror Suspect Reportedly Warned U.S. About Son - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

Six months ago.. wtg.. wtg..

glad we gave up those civil rights so that we could be properly protected

I guess we will need to start handcuffing everybody to their seats when we board the planes from now on. No long flights for people with weak bladders. While we're at it, let's step up the racial profiling a bit too. No more window or over the wing seats for anybody except for little old gray-haired ladies. If this doesn't work, we're going to do something really rash - like search everybody before they get on the damned plane.

I guess we will need to start handcuffing everybody to their seats when we board the planes from now on. No long flights for people with weak bladders. While we're at it, let's step up the racial profiling a bit too. No more window or over the wing seats for anybody except for little old gray-haired ladies. If this doesn't work, we're going to do something really rash - like search everybody before they get on the damned plane.

I actually don't see anything wrong with a bit of racial profiling. Or for that matter searching everyone. The way the world acts changed on 9-11-01. We have got to change with it. At least to a degree.

We will never be safe from nutcases, But we can be safer.

Forum List

Back