Father Of Parkland Survivor Accuses CNN Of Pushing Gun Control Narrative

I love it when some idiot mansplains things for me in the most condescending way possible. What a tool!

You don’t have the first fucking clue what I do asshat! And using the word “paradigm” is proof positive that you fancy yourself some sort of intellectual giant among midgets.

Well Dic, here’s another view. The left/right paradigm is a false construct designed to keep both sides at odds. You’ve now reached the point where both sides immediately dismiss what the other side proposes, not because it’s a bad idea, but because it was proposed by the other side.

The American right is not conservative. Not even close. They are not for smaller government, more personal freedom, or a balanced budget. They say they are for these things but each time they get into power, they reduce the size of government, reduce rights for women and minorities, and balloon the deficit. Actions speak louder than words.

The American left isn’t all that liberal either. They’ve done a piss poor job protecting the rights of working Americans, improving education and opportunities for low income Americans or preventing the mass transfer of wealth to the 5%.

The right/left paradigm has handcuffed your country into inaction on the challenges of the 21st Century. It’s like watching weasels in a barrel. You’re all ending up worse off than you started.

It's nice that you likes cats. I think they're great.

But you really do say some things that aren't true.
There are "bad" players on both sides.
However, the facts are (if you can take an unbiased look) that those on the Left, specifically the Democrat side of politics are clearly and without a doubt far and above the worst offenders. It really isn't even close.

From the deception at the Presidential debates where Hillary was given the questions before the debate, to the meeting on the Tarmac between Obama's DOJ head and Bill Clinton, to the guns delivered to drug lords in Mexico, to the IRS scandal, the billions Obama gave back to Iran which they used to forward their nuclear programs and on and on and on and on and on.

Someone in the center would likely say that seeing the Right and Left as equal in terms of severe damage done to the nation and corruption is highly unlikely unless they are a centrist in name only.

The Right may have it's issues, but the Left, especially the leadership is as far from "Good for the nation" as it gets.

Granted, I've seen extremely disturbing pictures of Trumps sons in Africa and on safaris that turn my stomach and I'm even having some difficulties with that.
Still, what the last Leftist President did to damage our nation and our National security vs what the current President is doing FOR the nation and his "INCLUDE EVERYONE", non racist approach is better than anything the Left has put forward in a long time.

Also, after reading the posts.....your view of the posts you are responding to is twisted and you unfairly attack the one you are responding to.

I didn't see where his posts were doing anything but explaining his POV. I didn't see the vile you are claiming or seeing. You seem a bit over the edge in all fairness.
Iran was given back their own money Bet you didn’t know that or know why. There’s so little you know.

Where did Obama get the authority to determine it was their money?

The US Courts ordered it returned to the Iranians. The US government seized all Iranian government assets in the US in 1979

Why the U.S. Owed Iran That $400 Million

Obama held their money hostage until the Iran signed the no nukes deal and returned all Anerican hostages.

I love how cons carry on about something without knowing facts, history or what really happened.

I love it when some idiot mansplains things for me in the most condescending way possible. What a tool!

You don’t have the first fucking clue what I do asshat! And using the word “paradigm” is proof positive that you fancy yourself some sort of intellectual giant among midgets.

Well Dic, here’s another view. The left/right paradigm is a false construct designed to keep both sides at odds. You’ve now reached the point where both sides immediately dismiss what the other side proposes, not because it’s a bad idea, but because it was proposed by the other side.

The American right is not conservative. Not even close. They are not for smaller government, more personal freedom, or a balanced budget. They say they are for these things but each time they get into power, they reduce the size of government, reduce rights for women and minorities, and balloon the deficit. Actions speak louder than words.

The American left isn’t all that liberal either. They’ve done a piss poor job protecting the rights of working Americans, improving education and opportunities for low income Americans or preventing the mass transfer of wealth to the 5%.

The right/left paradigm has handcuffed your country into inaction on the challenges of the 21st Century. It’s like watching weasels in a barrel. You’re all ending up worse off than you started.

It's nice that you likes cats. I think they're great.

But you really do say some things that aren't true.
There are "bad" players on both sides.
However, the facts are (if you can take an unbiased look) that those on the Left, specifically the Democrat side of politics are clearly and without a doubt far and above the worst offenders. It really isn't even close.

From the deception at the Presidential debates where Hillary was given the questions before the debate, to the meeting on the Tarmac between Obama's DOJ head and Bill Clinton, to the guns delivered to drug lords in Mexico, to the IRS scandal, the billions Obama gave back to Iran which they used to forward their nuclear programs and on and on and on and on and on.

Someone in the center would likely say that seeing the Right and Left as equal in terms of severe damage done to the nation and corruption is highly unlikely unless they are a centrist in name only.

The Right may have it's issues, but the Left, especially the leadership is as far from "Good for the nation" as it gets.

Granted, I've seen extremely disturbing pictures of Trumps sons in Africa and on safaris that turn my stomach and I'm even having some difficulties with that.
Still, what the last Leftist President did to damage our nation and our National security vs what the current President is doing FOR the nation and his "INCLUDE EVERYONE", non racist approach is better than anything the Left has put forward in a long time.

Also, after reading the posts.....your view of the posts you are responding to is twisted and you unfairly attack the one you are responding to.

I didn't see where his posts were doing anything but explaining his POV. I didn't see the vile you are claiming or seeing. You seem a bit over the edge in all fairness.
Iran was given back their own money Bet you didn’t know that or know why. There’s so little you know.

Where did Obama get the authority to determine it was their money?

The US Courts ordered it returned to the Iranians. The US government seized all Iranian government assets in the US in 1979

Why the U.S. Owed Iran That $400 Million

Obama held their money hostage until the Iran signed the no nukes deal and returned all Anerican hostages.

I love how cons carry on about something without knowing facts, history or what really happened.

LOL.

"The Iran-United States Claims Tribunal has trudged along for almost four decades now, and the money has flowed both ways."

We are not beholden to the Hague.

Youth activists and shooting survivors in Parkland, Florida have refueled the movement to end gun violence and pass comprehensive gun safety laws—and are inspiring students all across the country to join them.

Students are planning walkouts, protests, and marches at schools across the United States, but not everyone is on board. A school superintendent in Needville, Texas told students they would face a three day suspension if they participated in any protests to demand better gun laws.

Young people are fighting for their own lives, the lives of their friends and peers, and seeking justice for students who have died at the hands of mass shooters—and they’re being punished for it.

This is completely unacceptable.School districts should offer support to students exercising their right to protest, not suspend them for it. This superintendent (and anyone who follows in his footsteps) should be ashamed.

How much ya wanna bet this POS superintendent is an NRA member?

What a load of horseshit. They're a bunch of gullible dupes who are doing the bidding of the fake news media and the gun control lobby.

Says the guy who who spends his days reposting Dumb Donald’s tweets and FOX News talking points without a single original thought in his head.

Taking what personally? I don't know what you are talking about. You said you had somewhere else to be or something else to do. I am telling you, GO DO IT. Nobody will miss you.

I will in time... but I do enjoy how nuts I'm making you.

Oh, wait, a nut with a gun fetish. Maybe this isn't such a good idea.

I think it would be great for you and for everyone else if you moved to a country that better suits your needs. America is not the right country for you. America was founded on freedom fighters and freedom and GUNS. :) You are obviously afraid and not comfortable to be around people who are free.

American was not founded on guns. What a perversion! Where are guns mentioned in the Declaration of Independence or the Constitution - the two founding documents. Only in the Amendments are guns mentioned.

Are you seriously this retarded?

The Declaration of Independence wasn't a set of laws. It was basically a "Dear John" letter to the British. I'm fairly certain the British knew EXACTLY where the guns came into play in that scenario. No need to say a word. I'd call "we're leaving', when it was manifestly obvious to everyone that it would have to be through violent rebellion, certainly qualifies as "founded on guns".

The Constitution - which you manifestly have never read, given your ignorant question - doesn't address ANY protections of rights until the Amendments. The Articles of the Constitution are strictly for the purpose of setting up the structure of the government. The Bill of Rights, which were a requirement from the outset for many of the states to ratify the Constitution, are the part with the purpose of protecting individual rights from the federal government established by the Articles. The first ten Amendments, far from being the afterthought you want to imply, were considered THE most important rights we have as citizens. And you will notice that the right to keep and bear arms is the second one on the list.

Furthermore, most of the original thirteen states had clauses in their state Constitutions protecting the right to keep and bear arms even before the US Constitution and the Bill of Rights were written.

Further-furthermore, the states that joined the Union shortly after the ratification of the Bill of Rights ALSO had clauses in their state Constitutions protecting the right to keep and bear arms.

So you want to talk founding documents? Try understanding how many there actually were, and what they said, for a start.

Mac...you are blind. I see you are trying but you do the same thing over and over.

A says “cnn is caught, again, scripting news”
B says “oh yeah that’s ok because Fox does too”

And you see A and B as equally culpable? The problem lies with B...not A in this instance.
This is a Marxist technique used by communists and communist sympathizers since the 1930’s.

Whataboutism - Wikipedia

And you are lynching Negroes - Wikipedia

View attachment 178897
There is no such thing as "equal". That's a misnomer, and I never use that term.

I don't care if one side is 60% to blame and the other side is 40% to blame. All that tells me is that both sides should clean their OWN house before attacking the other.

If one person lies 60% of the time and other lies 40% of the time, are they not both liars?

Clean your own house first. Otherwise you're enabling it and avoiding responsibility.

Well, I am not a registered member of any party, nor do I follow any party platform, and I can easily see that the leftist spin is MUCH more prevalent in our news, social media, schools and everywhere. I am sick and tired of it all.

I’m sick and tired of the lies. When you lie to me, you’re basically saying you think I’m too stupid to know you’re lying.

Right wingers are easy to lie to (birtherism anyone?). The left fact checks everything.

Except you don't understand the big picture and you don't understand America and you don't understand rights and you don't understand freedom.

It’s you who doesn’t understand rights or freedom. I live in a country which has one of the highest levels of personal freedom in the world. Much higher than the USA which is ranked 20th in the world.

American Freedom is an illusion. We don’t have armed guards in our schools. Nor do we need them.

If you need armed guards in your school, you have failed as a society.

Ranked by whom? Using what criteria?

Just stop trying to demonize American citizens who are doing nothing wrong. Crazy school shooters have nothing to do with us. That is a failure of the person's family, friends, and the mental health system. If there were no guns, this kid would have probably put a bomb together or used a different weapon. Guns are here. They are not going anywhere. They are always going to exist. If we don't have them, then only criminals and cops will have them, one being just as bad as the other according to liberal rhetoric.

You will NOT be having it both ways, losers.
You are one of the brainwashed citizens who has been programmed into believing the left or liberals or Democrats are trying to confiscate all guns from everyone. It is the ploy promoted by the NRA for gun manufacturers and the gun sales industry. particularly the manufacturers and salespersons of high caliber semi-automatic rifles commonly referred to as assault rifles.
Reasonable and moderate rules and regulations on who is permitted to own these kinds of weapons is not confiscation.
Your buddy Clayton and several others just endorsed requiring everyone who wants a gun to get a government license that wouldn't be easy to get. That right their would abolish the 2nd Amendment.
Who is Clayton? Is he one of the students mockingly informing the NRA the students will eventually win because the students will outlive the NRA'ers and probably have a much larger voting block even sooner.

Plenty of students and young people (especially women) are supporters of the NRA and our 2nd amendment.

And by the time they have collected that level of political power, a whole lot of them will have woken up to reality. Yes, even in THIS degraded society.

Youth activists and shooting survivors in Parkland, Florida have refueled the movement to end gun violence and pass comprehensive gun safety laws—and are inspiring students all across the country to join them.

Students are planning walkouts, protests, and marches at schools across the United States, but not everyone is on board. A school superintendent in Needville, Texas told students they would face a three day suspension if they participated in any protests to demand better gun laws.

Young people are fighting for their own lives, the lives of their friends and peers, and seeking justice for students who have died at the hands of mass shooters—and they’re being punished for it.

This is completely unacceptable.School districts should offer support to students exercising their right to protest, not suspend them for it. This superintendent (and anyone who follows in his footsteps) should be ashamed.

You're damned right they're being punished for it! You care so much about your cause, fight for it on your own time. If I decided I was going to walk out of work to go to a political rally and wave signs and yell asinine slogans, do you think I wouldn't be punished by getting my happy ass fired? In a hot second, I would, and I'd deserve it.

Those little brats want to play at being adults and making demands and "changing the world", the first thing they can do is learn that adults handle their damned responsibilities.

As you leftists have enjoyed telling us every time we suggest that teachers might like the ability to defend their own and their students' lives by being armed, schools are there to teach. NOT to "support the right to protest".

Ain’t it awesome that school officials are prepared to trample all over students’ First Amendment Right’s to protect their narrow and false reading of the Second Amendment.

You might want to try reading that First Amendment, so that you can figure out that it doesn't say anything about playing hookey from school.

And that "narrow and false" reading of the Second Amendment is the same one that the Supreme Court uses, not to mention the same one anyone fluent in English and not riding a political hobby horse would use.

Ain’t it awesome that school officials are prepared to trample all over students’ First Amendment Right’s to protect their narrow and false reading of the Second Amendment.

You might want to try reading that First Amendment, so that you can figure out that it doesn't say anything about playing hookey from school.

And that "narrow and false" reading of the Second Amendment is the same one that the Supreme Court uses, not to mention the same one anyone fluent in English and not riding a political hobby horse would use.

Attempts by government officials to punish individuals for expressing a political opinion isn’t a violation of the First Amendment? My my.

As for the Second Amendment, the SC had routinely upheld reasonable gun restrictions including the outright ban on the Thompson Machine Gun. So the NRA’s narrow reading of the Second Amendment is a indeed false.

Attempts by government officials to punish individuals for expressing a political opinion isn’t a violation of the First Amendment? My my.

As for the Second Amendment, the SC had routinely upheld reasonable gun restrictions including the outright ban on the Thompson Machine Gun. So the NRA’s narrow reading of the Second Amendment is a indeed false.

Sorry, dingbat, but punishing children for skipping school is NOT the same as punishing them for expressing their opinion. As I said, they're welcome to do it on their own time, and I'm sure the superintendent would agree. You're such a fan of "reasonable restrictions" on laws, but for some reason, you claim to be outraged by the quite reasonable restriction that personal activities should be engaged in outside of school hours. My, my.

As for the Second Amendment, the NRA has never objected to reasonable restrictions. Granted, they have a different view of what constitutes reasonable than you do, but then, most sane people do. And your attempt to imply that the NRA supports ownership of machine guns is just another example of "If you have to lie, your position is obviously invalid."

Sorry, dingbat, but punishing children for skipping school is NOT the same as punishing them for expressing their opinion. As I said, they're welcome to do it on their own time, and I'm sure the superintendent would agree. You're such a fan of "reasonable restrictions" on laws, but for some reason, you claim to be outraged by the quite reasonable restriction that personal activities should be engaged in outside of school hours. My, my.

As for the Second Amendment, the NRA has never objected to reasonable restrictions. Granted, they have a different view of what constitutes reasonable than you do, but then, most sane people do. And your attempt to imply that the NRA supports ownership of machine guns is just another example of "If you have to lie, your position is obviously invalid."

The NRA of Wayne LaPierre has always claimed that ANY restriction on gun ownership is a “slippery slope”. Your entire post consists of NRA talking points which are false and don’t portray today’s NRA accurately at all.

The NRA of Wayne LaPierre has always claimed that ANY restriction on gun ownership is a “slippery slope”. Your entire post consists of NRA talking points which are false and don’t portray today’s NRA accurately at all.

It IS a slippery slope. That doesn't mean the NRA doesn't recognize that sometimes, you have to tread it.

Given that the NRA is a non-profit advocacy group, and all they DO is talk, how do you figure that what they say could possibly not be an accurate representation?

Nobody is keeping them from their 1st Amendment "Rights", they can do it at lunch, during breaks, after school and all weekend.

Nobody is saying that anyone should have an RPG or M-60 dumbass. If I were you I'd take it down a notch what with that little pansy of yours parading around Europe and wearing stupid clothing.

New Topics

Forum List

Back