"Father of LSD" turns 100

KarlMarx said:
There is a lot of debate over marijuana.

But I believe it's generally agreed even amongst us who have indulged in drugs during our youth that PCP, LSD, mescaline and other psychedelic drugs are dangerous and it's best to stay away from them.

I'd agree with that.

One time back when I lived in Vegas, I went with a friend of mine over to an acquaintance of his, and we did a line of what I was told was cocaine. It wasn't. It was PCP. The crap hit me like a ton of bricks. It was hard to maintain. Your head was just attached to your body, along for the ride, while you looked down to make sure the rest of your body was doing what it was supposed to. And it lasted a long time. I wanted to go back and beat the shit out of the goof that slipped us that shit. I DID NOT enjoy it, and wouldn't recommend anyone else try it either. PCP is NASTY stuff.

Pot... I have no problem with it. I don't believe it's addictive. I don't believe it leads to harder drug use, and I don't believe it's particularly harmful, other than the obvious, it's loaded with tar and bad for your lungs. I don't smoke it anymore. I don't smoke anything period. But I would support the legalization of marry jane.

Pale Rider said:
I'd agree with that.

One time back when I lived in Vegas, I went with a friend of mine over to an acquaintance of his, and we did a line of what I was told was cocaine. It wasn't. It was PCP. The crap hit me like a ton of bricks. It was hard to maintain. Your head was just attached to your body, along for the ride, while you looked down to make sure the rest of your body was doing what it was supposed to. And it lasted a long time. I wanted to go back and beat the shit out of the goof that slipped us that shit. I DID NOT enjoy it, and wouldn't recommend anyone else try it either. PCP is NASTY stuff.

Pot... I have no problem with it. I don't believe it's addictive. I don't believe it leads to harder drug use, and I don't believe it's particularly harmful, other than the obvious, it's loaded with tar and bad for your lungs. I don't smoke it anymore. I don't smoke anything period. But I would support the legalization of marry jane.

Damn Pale,
You're lucky to survive that much PCP(horse traquilizer)that stuff is very dangerous. I remember a friend that lived down the street had aquired a small amount. We had never tried it so we did a pin head sized snort. It burned really bad and then I was pretty much useless for hours. We were watching the Streets of San Francisco and could not figure out the story line. When we finally felt that we were gaining some control we went to his car to go somewhere. He started this beast up(a black 1972 Barracuda) and and before he could back up I told him there was no way in hell I could drive and he agreed. We ended up walking the mile and a half to the theater that had a new movie playing, Monty Python and the Holy Grail! That movie is bizzar straight but after what we did it was a trip.

As for what Karl just wrote, I agree completely about those seriously dangerous drugs and even the stuff that grows out of cow shit, way to heavy for me now. Reality is tough enough. I do smoke cigars and pipes though, makes the house smell manly don't you know. :smoke:

sitarro said:
Damn Pale,
You're lucky to survive that much PCP(horse traquilizer)that stuff is very dangerous. I remember a friend that lived down the street had aquired a small amount. We had never tried it so we did a pin head sized snort. It burned really bad and then I was pretty much useless for hours. We were watching the Streets of San Francisco and could not figure out the story line. When we finally felt that we were gaining some control we went to his car to go somewhere. He started this beast up(a black 1972 Barracuda) and and before he could back up I told him there was no way in hell I could drive and he agreed. We ended up walking the mile and a half to the theater that had a new movie playing, Monty Python and the Holy Grail! That movie is bizzar straight but after what we did it was a trip.

As for what Karl just wrote, I agree completely about those seriously dangerous drugs and even the stuff that grows out of cow shit, way to heavy for me now. Reality is tough enough. I do smoke cigars and pipes though, makes the house smell manly don't you know. :smoke:

Yeah it was a nasty high. I remember we went and shot pool. I remember shooting pool, well it was like my body was shooting pool, but my head was completely separated. If I could have found the place where we went again, the asshole that told me it was cocaine would have been one hurtin' M-F'r.

I too, do not do any drugs anymore. A few beers once and awhile. Maybe some type of kiddy liquor, like Hot Damn or Schnapps. But that's it. I can't deal with hang overs anymore. I'm more into health these days. Working out and eating right. Makes me feel good.

Forum List

Back