Fat people, drinkers, smokers, engaging in "risky behavior" and must be punished...

... With extra taxation, because they are a burden on the medical system and they should PAY for their excesses and risky behavior.

Well....

What about other high-risk activities, such as intravenous drug use, unprotected anal sex --unprotected sex of any kind -- and any other activity that is known to spread AIDS? Shouldn't these folks share the responsibility of the burden their behavior is placing on the system?

Wonder why none of this is addressed in the health care reform proposals?

Discuss.

We can add in drivers of any sort, "thrill-seekers" (sky diving, bungee jumping, etc.), coffee drinkers, prescription drugs (look at all the recalls for more), anyone who has kids, etc. etc. etc.

... With extra taxation, because they are a burden on the medical system and they should PAY for their excesses and risky behavior.

Well....

What about other high-risk activities, such as intravenous drug use, unprotected anal sex --unprotected sex of any kind -- and any other activity that is known to spread AIDS? Shouldn't these folks share the responsibility of the burden their behavior is placing on the system?

Discuss.

Why just talk about AIDS? How about Hepatitis? Other STDs?

But, that being pointed out, are you denying that smokers and obese people don't put a large burden on the tax care system?

do smokers and fat people have no health insurance and thus the burden on the tax payer?

I am taken aback by the number of people here that seem to be so bent on regulating the personal behavior of others. Perhaps, if we all took a step back and regulated our own personal behavior rather than spent the time worrying about what our neighbors are doing then we would not need to advocate this sort of nonsense. Forgive me and I understand that it's well meaning , however at what point do we draw the line between personal responsibilty and a Govt. that some wish to do that for us? Let me give you small example, for many years this nation has been split on the issue of pro-choice vs anti-choice on the abortion issue. With most liberals if not all falling down on the pro-choice side, with statements like " a Govt. should not tell a woman what to do with her own body", and the anti-choice folks comming down on the other side. I suggest that those that advocate regulating behavior have the courage of their convictions on this issue as many of you do on the pro-choice issue. The bottom line here is this, personal behavior starts with ourselves. Let me give you an example, when you start down this road, whats next? people that like to eat steak? because to some vegans that activity is dangereous and to PETA its murder.

Gee, isn't it the libs we always read about sleeping with children & screwing anything that moves?

You mean like this guy?

rt_foley_061003_nr_1.jpg

Did he sleep with children?

I don't know if he actually suceeded but he sure as hell tried.

It isn't in the health care bill...some boneheads came up with a paper saying it would be a good idea.
It is in the bill.
Link?
IS it in the bill? Let's see, there IS a provision in HR 3200 for "community volunteers" to come to your home, weigh you, check your fridge.... What would this be for exactly? IS it in the current bill? Hell we don't know WHAT is in it, since they won't post it online. Here's HR 3200 though:

http://www.amchp.org/Advocacy/Home-V...0%207%2015.pdf

Under this section:

‘‘TITLE XXXI—PREVENTION AND WELLNESS
‘‘Subtitle A—Prevention and Wellness Trust
‘‘Sec. 3111. Prevention and Wellness Trust.
‘‘Subtitle B—National Prevention and Wellness Strategy
‘‘Sec. 3121. National Prevention and Wellness Strategy.
&#8216;&#8216;Subtitle C&#8212;Prevention Task Forces <---- lays out the "volunteer program"
&#8216;&#8216;Sec. 3131. Task Force on Clinical Preventive Services.
&#8216;&#8216;Sec. 3132. Task Force on Community Preventive Services. <---- Talks about door to door weighing, wellness check.
&#8216;&#8216;Subtitle D&#8212;Prevention and Wellness Research
&#8216;&#8216;Sec. 3141. Prevention and wellness research activity coordination. <---- "Activity coordination" sets up the bureaucracy to handle the "community organizers" for this.
&#8216;&#8216;Sec. 3142. Community prevention and wellness research grants. <----- How ACORN and others get paid for this.

They visit your home, weigh you, check your fridge and interview you about your dietary habits.... What for?

I should be asking if it is in the bill instead of asserting that it is in the bill, you're right about that. I stand corrected.

Last edited:

Well....

Discuss.

Why just talk about AIDS? How about Hepatitis? Other STDs?

But, that being pointed out, are you denying that smokers and obese people don't put a large burden on the tax care system?

do smokers and fat people have no health insurance and thus the burden on the tax payer?
Do IV drug users and unprotected sex purveyors?

Well....

Discuss.

We can add in drivers of any sort, "thrill-seekers" (sky diving, bungee jumping, etc.), coffee drinkers, prescription drugs (look at all the recalls for more), anyone who has kids, etc. etc. etc.

If you fuck with coffee drinkers we will kill you :evil:

Last edited by a moderator:
Heres an interesting question related to that section of the bill, if you read each section as it relates to that it states ;

d) Membership.&#8212;
``(1) Number; appointment.&#8212;The Task Force shall be composed of 30 members, appointed by the Secretary.
``(2) Terms.&#8212;
``(A) In general.&#8212;The Secretary shall appoint members of the Task Force for a term of 6 years and may reappoint such members, but the Secretary may not appoint any member to serve more than a total of 12 years.

That language is in more than one section of the bid, so the question is is the Sec. tasked with hiring 30 members to carry out each section and if so, so much for that not impacting the deficit ...

The leading cause of death is life.

I wish we could collectively come to peace with this and move on.

IS it in the bill? Let's see, there IS a provision in HR 3200 for "community volunteers" to come to your home, weigh you, check your fridge.... What would this be for exactly? IS it in the current bill? Hell we don't know WHAT is in it, since they won't post it online. Here's HR 3200 though:

Under this section:

‘‘TITLE XXXI—PREVENTION AND WELLNESS
‘‘Subtitle A—Prevention and Wellness Trust
‘‘Sec. 3111. Prevention and Wellness Trust.
‘‘Subtitle B—National Prevention and Wellness Strategy
‘‘Sec. 3121. National Prevention and Wellness Strategy.
‘‘Subtitle C—Prevention Task Forces <---- lays out the "volunteer program"
‘‘Sec. 3131. Task Force on Clinical Preventive Services.
‘‘Sec. 3132. Task Force on Community Preventive Services. <---- Talks about door to door weighing, wellness check.
‘‘Subtitle D—Prevention and Wellness Research
‘‘Sec. 3141. Prevention and wellness research activity coordination. <---- "Activity coordination" sets up the bureaucracy to handle the "community organizers" for this.
‘‘Sec. 3142. Community prevention and wellness research grants. <----- How ACORN and others get paid for this.

They visit your home, weigh you, check your fridge and interview you about your dietary habits.... What for?

I should be asking if it is in the bill instead of asserting that it is in the bill, you're right about that. I stand corrected.
What you've linked to is a section about home health care visits being covered for families with small children...if they so desire them.

I really wish you'd quit being such an ass.

Under this section:

&#8216;&#8216;TITLE XXXI&#8212;PREVENTION AND WELLNESS
&#8216;&#8216;Subtitle A&#8212;Prevention and Wellness Trust
&#8216;&#8216;Sec. 3111. Prevention and Wellness Trust.
&#8216;&#8216;Subtitle B&#8212;National Prevention and Wellness Strategy
&#8216;&#8216;Sec. 3121. National Prevention and Wellness Strategy.
&#8216;&#8216;Subtitle C&#8212;Prevention Task Forces <---- lays out the "volunteer program"
&#8216;&#8216;Sec. 3131. Task Force on Clinical Preventive Services.
&#8216;&#8216;Sec. 3132. Task Force on Community Preventive Services. <---- Talks about door to door weighing, wellness check.
&#8216;&#8216;Subtitle D&#8212;Prevention and Wellness Research
&#8216;&#8216;Sec. 3141. Prevention and wellness research activity coordination. <---- "Activity coordination" sets up the bureaucracy to handle the "community organizers" for this.
&#8216;&#8216;Sec. 3142. Community prevention and wellness research grants. <----- How ACORN and others get paid for this.

What you've linked to is a section about home health care visits being covered for families with small children...if they so desire them.

I really wish you'd quit being such an ass.
My bad. I thought it was to the whole bill. Be back in a sec.

Well....

Discuss.

If you fuck with coffee drinkers we will kill you :evil:

I am a coffee drinker. ;)

funny-pictures-your-cat-had-too-much-caffeine1.jpg

Once again, so called 'progressives' show my they are the biggest hypocrites on the planent.

The people that need help the most should be punished for it.

WTG assholes.

And you wonder why I oppose this nonsense.

They are talking about prevention and wellness RESEARCH. Where does it say there will be a tax on fat people???

They are talking about prevention and wellness RESEARCH. Where does it say there will be a tax on fat people???
You clearly missed my earlier mea culpa on that. Correct? I said I stand corrected on asserting it's IN the bill and should instead be asking if it is. You missed that? Because you don't really READ. Because you're a lazy, sloppy discussion participant.

I then said, "okay, WHY then are we going into people's homes and weighing them, checking their fridge, what's that for?"

And I wonder, what exactly IS that for? Other than to figure out who to raise rates on, or tax more?

Forum List

Back