Fat people, drinkers, smokers, engaging in "risky behavior" and must be punished...

It is very simple. The federal government has no business telling me or anyone else what we can or can't do with our bodies and our personal property. That is a matter for the state government. And as long as I am not infringing on anyone's constitutional rights, I should be left alone.

If someone doesn't have healthcare, that is not my fault. If they want insurance, they can work that out with the respective insurance company or some other entity. It is not my job to provide someone else insurance just because they don't have it and want it.

If someone wants to smoke, drink, do drugs, get fat, or whatever, they can have at it. Don't try and use the federal government as an instrument of force, because you screwed your life up. It is well past time that people started wiping their own butts when they crap all over themselves, instead of having their fellow Americans do it for them by force via the government.

I help people out as I can and as I will. I like doing that. At the same time, I resent the government telling me I have to do thus and thus, because Mary and Joe Sixpack don't like the life they made for themselves. Once again, not my problem.

So many people think that government is making their life better with all these nanny state laws and programs. It isn't. People are enslaving themselves to government. They are telling the government "I don't want to live my life in freedom. Take care of me." When you tell the government that, the government proceeds to take from you all that it can. And people wonder how this Republic has turned into a hellish bastardized government.

I agree.

THIS GUY Has it all wrong. And sad to say? He's from my State, and I couldn't be more horrified.

It is very simple. The federal government has no business telling me or anyone else what we can or can't do with our bodies and our personal property. That is a matter for the state government. And as long as I am not infringing on anyone's constitutional rights, I should be left alone.

If someone doesn't have healthcare, that is not my fault. If they want insurance, they can work that out with the respective insurance company or some other entity. It is not my job to provide someone else insurance just because they don't have it and want it.

If someone wants to smoke, drink, do drugs, get fat, or whatever, they can have at it. Don't try and use the federal government as an instrument of force, because you screwed your life up. It is well past time that people started wiping their own butts when they crap all over themselves, instead of having their fellow Americans do it for them by force via the government.

I help people out as I can and as I will. I like doing that. At the same time, I resent the government telling me I have to do thus and thus, because Mary and Joe Sixpack don't like the life they made for themselves. Once again, not my problem.

So many people think that government is making their life better with all these nanny state laws and programs. It isn't. People are enslaving themselves to government. They are telling the government "I don't want to live my life in freedom. Take care of me." When you tell the government that, the government proceeds to take from you all that it can. And people wonder how this Republic has turned into a hellish bastardized government.

I agree.

THIS GUY Has it all wrong. And sad to say? He's from my State, and I couldn't be more horrified.
are you in his district?

I agree.

It is sad T. "We The People" must get back to the Constitution. If that doesn't happen, we die by suicide as a Republic.

I agree.

It is sad T. "We The People" must get back to the Constitution. If that doesn't happen, we die by suicide as a Republic.

I concur. But the biggest obstacle to that is convincing those that hate their own Liberty in lieu of being guided by the hand, and being TOLD what to do by the Power Of Government [and forcing others against their will], is one long hard road to hoe.

The question is more to are WE up to the task of convincing them that their individualism, is in thier best interest is solely theirs, and are one in the same, and Government is NOT their friend by any means.

And Polticians Are NOT their friends either.

Liberty is an all or nothing proposition. With it comes individual responsibility. Seems too many are willing to give it up to those that aren't their friends, and they lose THEIR choice.

HOW do you convince them to TAKE their liberty seriously and recognize the difference between True Liberty, and the Soft Tyranny we are faced with now?

This is the task before us.

... With extra taxation, because they are a burden on the medical system and they should PAY for their excesses and risky behavior.

Well....

What about other high-risk activities, such as intravenous drug use, unprotected anal sex --unprotected sex of any kind -- and any other activity that is known to spread AIDS? Shouldn't these folks share the responsibility of the burden their behavior is placing on the system?

Wonder why none of this is addressed in the health care reform proposals?

Discuss.

Don't forget black people. They are not as healthy as other races and therefore should be taxed more.

Health Disparities Experienced by Black or African Americans --- United States

In the 2000 census, 36.4 million persons, approximately 12.9% of the U.S. population, identified themselves as Black or African American; 35.4 million of these persons identified themselves as non-Hispanic (1). For many health conditions, non-Hispanic blacks bear a disproportionate burden of disease, injury, death, and disability. Although the top three causes and seven of the 10 leading causes of death are the same for non-Hispanic blacks and non-Hispanic whites (the largest racial/ethnic population in the United States), the risk factors and incidence, morbidity, and mortality rates for these diseases and injuries often are greater among blacks than whites. In addition, three of the 10 leading causes of death for non-Hispanic blacks are not among the leading causes of death for non-Hispanic whites: homicide (sixth), human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) disease (seventh), and septicemia (ninth) (Table). This week's MMWR is the third in a series* focusing on racial/ethnic health disparities. Eliminating these disparities will require culturally appropriate public health initiatives, community support, and equitable access to quality health care.

In 2002, non-Hispanic blacks who died from HIV disease had approximately 11 times† as many age-adjusted years of potential life lost before age 75 years per 100,000 population as non-Hispanic whites. Non-Hispanic blacks also had substantially more years of potential life lost than non-Hispanic whites for homicide (nine times as many), stroke (three times as many), perinatal diseases (three times as many), and diabetes (three times as many) (2).

Cancer is the second leading cause of death for both non-Hispanic blacks and non-Hispanic whites (Table). However, in 2001, the age-adjusted incidence per 100,000 population was substantially higher for black females than for white females for certain cancers, including colon/rectal (54.0 versus 43.3), pancreatic (13.0 versus 8.9), and stomach (9.0 versus 4.5) cancers. Among males, the age-adjusted incidence was higher for black males than for white males for certain cancers, including prostate (251.3 versus 167.8), lung/bronchus (108.2 versus 72.8), colon/rectal (68.3 versus 58.9), and stomach (16.3 versus 10.0) cancers (3).

Stroke is the third leading cause of death for both non-Hispanic blacks and non-Hispanic whites (Table). However, during 1999--2002, non-Hispanic black males and females aged 20--74 years had higher† age-adjusted rates per 100,000 population of hypertension than their white counterparts (36.8 versus 23.9 for males; 39.4 versus 23.3 for females) (4).

Racial/ethnic health disparities are reflected in leading indicators of progress toward achievement of the national health objectives for 2010 (5). In 2002, non-Hispanic blacks trailed non-Hispanic whites in at least four positive health indicators†, including percentages of 1) persons aged <65 years with health insurance (81% of non-Hispanic blacks versus 87% of non-Hispanic whites), 2) adults aged >65 years vaccinated against influenza (50% versus 69%) and pneumococcal disease (37% versus 60%), 3) women receiving prenatal care in the first trimester (75% versus 89%), and 4) persons aged >18 years who participated in regular moderate physical activity (25% versus 35%). In addition, non-Hispanic blacks had substantially higher proportions of certain negative health indicators than non-Hispanic whites, including 1) new cases of gonorrhea (742 versus 31 per 100,000 population; 2002 data), 2) deaths from homicide (21.6 versus 2.8; 2002 data), 3) persons aged 6--19 years who were overweight or obese (22% versus 12%; 2000 data), and 4) adults who were obese (40% versus 29%; 2000 data).

Since the 1970s, racial/ethnic disparities in measles cases and measles-vaccine coverage have been all but eliminated (6). However, during 1996--2001, the vaccination-coverage gap between non-Hispanic white and non-Hispanic black children widened by an average of 1.1% each year for children aged 19--35 months who were up to date for the 4:3:1:3:3 series of vaccines (recommended to prevent diphtheria, tetanus, and pertussis; polio; measles; Haemophilus influenzae type b disease; and hepatitis B) (7). In 2002, among children aged 19--35 months, 68% of non-Hispanic black children were fully vaccinated, compared with 78% of non-Hispanic white children.

Health Disparities Experienced by Black or African Americans --- United States

I think we should just start with our current President and maybe even our previous one too. No one has engaged in more dangerous and risky behavior than those two have in recent years. They have both completely bankrupted and weakened our nation for many many years to come. So i think we should simply fine & tax them for what they have done to our nation. So forget the soda drinkers and potato chip eaters and simply start with nailing those two first. In fact lets just fine & tax all of the incompetent & corrupt politicians who have contributed to bankrupting and weakening our nation these last few years. This seems much more logical to me than going after average American Citizens. Hey this is just how i feel anyway.

... With extra taxation, because they are a burden on the medical system and they should PAY for their excesses and risky behavior.

Well....

What about other high-risk activities, such as intravenous drug use, unprotected anal sex --unprotected sex of any kind -- and any other activity that is known to spread AIDS? Shouldn't these folks share the responsibility of the burden their behavior is placing on the system?

Discuss.

How about women who take their children to daycare so they can work? It's a known fact that daycare increases the incidence of contagious diseases, ear infections, and behavioral disorders for which the kids are then medicated.

Daycare is clearly a risky behavior that's costing more in medical system usage.

Well....

Discuss.

Why just talk about AIDS? How about Hepatitis? Other STDs?

But, that being pointed out, are you denying that smokers and obese people don't put a large burden on the tax care system?

Never mind the AIDS and hepatitis and STDs. How about the pregnancies caused by sexual promiscuity? Do you know how much THAT costs? What about the burden THAT puts on the system?

whose insurance are you buying in this plan that you did not already pay for through medicaid, medicare, or funding by funding emergency rooms?

everyone buys their own insurance through this plan?

my State already passed a law this past election to tax soft drinks....is this ok, because it is the State gvt and not federal?

my state taxes cigarettes $2.00 a pack as well as the federal tax on them...is that ok because it is the State and not federal?

I don't think so...

my State already passed a law this past election to tax soft drinks....is this ok, because it is the State gvt and not federal?

my state taxes cigarettes $2.00 a pack as well as the federal tax on them...is that ok because it is the State and not federal?

I don't think so...

You dislike the taxes but you are for people being taxed by the feds to pay for what you expect people should have a right to?

I don't think so...

You dislike the taxes but you are for people being taxed by the feds to pay for what you expect people should have a right to?

answer this post first, so i can understand your comment...please! :)

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...avior-and-must-be-punished-4.html#post1581284

Forum List

Back