Fat Lady Just Sang...

NoTeaPartyPleez

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2012
Christie announces his run.

Went deep into Italian heritage and Jersey roots....(sniff...I'ma gonna' cry, mama)....Had everybody wanting a Hoboken pizza by the time he wrapped up.

I don't think it was as heart tugging as the op suggests:

Gov. Chris Christie of New Jersey, whose meteoric rise as a national Republican in his first term was matched only by his spectacular loss of stature at home in his second, enters the 2016 presidential race on Tuesday morning bearing little resemblance to the candidate he once expected to be.

The economic recovery he promised has turned into a cascade of ugly credit downgrades and anemic job growth. The state pension he vowed to fix has descended into a morass of missed payments and lawsuits. The administration he pledged would be a paragon of ethics has instead conspired to mire an entire town in traffic and the governor’s office in scandal.

Just three and a half years ago, Mr. Christie seemed so popular, compelling and formidable, such an antidote to all that ailed the Republican brand, that senior figures in the party pleaded with him to run for president as a substitute for their eventual nominee, Mitt Romney.

But today, a staggering 55 percent of Republican primary voters say that they cannot envision voting for Mr. Christie, according to an NBC/Wall Street Journal Poll, a remarkable deficit from which to embark on a national campaign. The only candidate less palatable: Donald J. Trump, the bombastic developer-turned-reality television star.

Read more: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/01/us/politics/chris-christie-presidential-campaign.html

Since only ten get to be in the debate, I wonder which four will be the Ralph Naders of the clown car.

I don't think it was as heart tugging as the op suggests:

Gov. Chris Christie of New Jersey, whose meteoric rise as a national Republican in his first term was matched only by his spectacular loss of stature at home in his second, enters the 2016 presidential race on Tuesday morning bearing little resemblance to the candidate he once expected to be.

The economic recovery he promised has turned into a cascade of ugly credit downgrades and anemic job growth. The state pension he vowed to fix has descended into a morass of missed payments and lawsuits. The administration he pledged would be a paragon of ethics has instead conspired to mire an entire town in traffic and the governor’s office in scandal.

Just three and a half years ago, Mr. Christie seemed so popular, compelling and formidable, such an antidote to all that ailed the Republican brand, that senior figures in the party pleaded with him to run for president as a substitute for their eventual nominee, Mitt Romney.

But today, a staggering 55 percent of Republican primary voters say that they cannot envision voting for Mr. Christie, according to an NBC/Wall Street Journal Poll, a remarkable deficit from which to embark on a national campaign. The only candidate less palatable: Donald J. Trump, the bombastic developer-turned-reality television star.

Read more: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/01/us/politics/chris-christie-presidential-campaign.html

His-a mama and-ah papa, they come over on the boat-ah. They have-ah the American dream for their children. Chris, he become the governor of-ah New Jersey!

And when the biggah storm, she shows up so many people, they no longer have-ah a house-sah! Governor Christie say on November 3, 2012 not-tah to worry!

Oh but-ah the New Jersey, she's-ah been downgraded nine-ah times by-ah the Moody because of the credit-ah rating---Vai a cagare! Mama mia!!!!

oops, thought you were talking about this fat lady.

th

My house is close to the Mercer County airport where Christie's helicopter boards and lands.
I can tell you this: Since he's lost about 100 lbs. that sucker doesn't struggle to get air-bound like it used to.

Forum List

Back