Fat Kids

Truthspeaker

Αλήθεια η&
Nov 26, 2008
San Francisco
28156-fatkids.jpg

It is obscene, inexcusable, sad, and angering to me when people claim to love their children, but let them get fat.
No they're not "big boned", they're not "getting ready for a growth spurt", it's not "genetics"(although it may play a role, it's not an excuse)

Damn Parents! Ketchup doesn't count as a vegetable. "Healthy" eating doesn't simply consist of regular meals and dammit, they can't eat whatever they want just because "they're kids". I saw a fat mom the other day giving her fat daughter a donut and a soda before she went to school. "Thanks mom, for destroying my body and my self confidence."
obesity-kid-snacking.jpg

Don't want to be the butt of fat jokes? Move your body as if you're not afraid of burning a calorie. Don't doom your kids to the torment of merciless kids at school.
hotfatboy.jpg

No matter what anyone says, no matter how much you lie to yourself, you'll never be "comfortable" with being fat, if you knew by flipping a switch you could be lean.

yea...i made sure my son had a good diet and exercise..he is still slender...put them kids outside....take them into the woods...sure they may get hurt but they wont get fat

yea...i made sure my son had a good diet and exercise..he is still slender...put them kids outside....take them into the woods...sure they may get hurt but they wont get fat

Do they ever throw temper tantrums when they don't get the treats they want to eat?

Kids who are morbidly obese at pre-school age are being ABUSED. They should be removed from their parents' care, just as any other child in danger should be. It is IMPOSSIBLE to create a 40% or more excess body weight level in a 3 year old without poisoning it with "food".

Kids who are morbidly obese at pre-school age are being ABUSED. They should be removed from their parents' care, just as any other child in danger should be. It is IMPOSSIBLE to create a 40% or more excess body weight level in a 3 year old without poisoning it with "food".

Indeed, it literally angers me. I just want to slap the parents and force them into boot camp.

I eat like I'm fat, yet I still remain skinny as a pole.

Some people simply have slower metabolisms than others.

sure he tossed fits for candy and such....the vegatarian years were hard on him....but he lives on...

i would toss him out with his friends...with this warning....if it aint broken or bleeding i dont expect to see you till lunch.

We all know that. but we're all totally in control of our bodies if we choose to nourish them properly.

I'm not saying genetics don't play a role. Some people get fat easy, there's no doubt about it. But that's still not an excuse to get fat. And fine if YOU want to get fat, but parents shouldn't force that misery on their ignorant kids. They eat what they are given. Not what they want.

Indeed, it literally angers me. I just want to slap the parents and force them into boot camp.

Think of it as "food abuse". Suppose it was the opposite and these kids were 40% underweight? Why is it we can see the abuse in underfeeding, but we can't in overfeeding?

A human has a delicate and intricate system for triggering hunger and craving a nourishing variety of food....and in fat toddlers, this has been almost destroyed. Apart from all the other dangers of obesity (and in children, they are legion), these kids will most likely have to have some adult monitor their food intake throughout their childhood to have any hope of maintaining a healthy weight. If a parent has made a child a drug addict, we remove them from the home.

Why do we ignore the tragedy of sugar and fat addiction?

We all know that. but we're all totally in control of our bodies if we choose to nourish them properly.

I'm not saying genetics don't play a role. Some people get fat easy, there's no doubt about it. But that's still not an excuse to get fat. And fine if YOU want to get fat, but parents shouldn't force that misery on their ignorant kids. They eat what they are given. Not what they want.

Children don't end up looking like this from "genetics":

Very_Fat_Babies_3.jpg

A 12 month old has only been eating solid food for about six months. To reach these kinds of gargantuatan proportions, the baby has to be fed almost nothing but sugar and fat. These kids cannot breath right. They cannot move well -- and this restricts emotional and mental development, not just physical. They cannot snuggle like they should, and don't get carried like normal weight babies would.

I can go on and on....anyone so fucking evil as to forcefeed a baby into obsesity does not deserve custody.

. . . . will likely grow up to be fat adults.

As for the 'flipping a switch' statement . . . if it were that easy no one would be fat.

That's my point. Of course you can't just flip a switch. I'm just saying that people who get defensive about being fat and put up the false front of "I'm comfortable with who I am." They would still deep down rather be in shape. It's just that they've lost hope in being able to do it, so the excuses start flying. And lots of times they make their kids fat because they don't want their kids to be in better shape than them because it would make them feel bad about themselves. So they groom their kids to be fellow commiserators. So unhealthy in every way.

A 12 month old has only been eating solid food for about six months. To reach these kinds of gargantuatan proportions, the baby has to be fed almost nothing but sugar and fat. These kids cannot breath right. They cannot move well -- and this restricts emotional and mental development, not just physical. They cannot snuggle like they should, and don't get carried like normal weight babies would.

I can go on and on....anyone so fucking evil as to forcefeed a baby into obsesity does not deserve custody.

I agree. Food addiction is as detrimental as any addiction. I wish there were intervention programs for food addiction just like drug addiction.

I'm sure there are different reasons for this pathology. People who boil their babies in oil are likely complex too.

I don't give a fuck. They are breaking the law, committing a crime and trying to slowly kill a baby. We shouldn't tolerate it.

I'm sure there are different reasons for this pathology. People who boil their babies in oil are likely complex too.

I don't give a fuck. They are breaking the law, committing a crime and trying to slowly kill a baby. We shouldn't tolerate it.

What do you expect in a society where there are no parents or if there is it is usually a single parent who has to work and has no time to take care of their children. Other people care for those children as much as the parent.

A parent can also be so ... loving that child they want to give them everything and face it, when a child wants something you kow it. They are so close to the situation they cannot see reality of how fat they are. This is no they are all wrong thing. Society "forces" children to live inside more (TV, Internet, cellphones, games) and the reduction of exercise probably contributes more to obesity than the food itself. Food is just one ingredient in the equation.

Obese babies and toddlers are not the result of changes in society, unless you include our rising tolerance for pathological behavior in parents. A hungry 6 month old will eat mashed peas or strained lamb...but not with the dedication it'll eat whatever the fuck these fat babies are getting. Sugar water and ice cream, I suppose. If every time a baby wants attention, you feed it sugar and fat.....I'm sure it's compliant, but it is still abused.

A 2nd grader who is 10% over ideal body weight is a totally different kettle of fish from a 12 month old who weighs 50 lbs.

Obese babies and toddlers are not the result of changes in society, unless you include our rising tolerance for pathological behavior in parents. A hungry 6 month old will eat mashed peas or strained lamb...but not with the dedication it'll eat whatever the fuck these fat babies are getting. Sugar water and ice cream, I suppose. If every time a baby wants attention, you feed it sugar and fat.....I'm sure it's compliant, but it is still abused.

A 2nd grader who is 10% over ideal body weight is a totally different kettle of fish from a 12 month old who weighs 50 lbs.

Were there obese babies back in the 50's, the 60's? What has changed in ther interm years? Yes the food itself has changed to a certain degree but so has the family structure and who teaches these new mothers how to raise kids if they had no mothers to begin with?

I really don't care if people allow themselves or their kids to get fat. Ain't none of my business.

Forum List

Back