Fat Acceptance Movement?

Bah! I actually hate the taste of chocolate ... *smirks* bet you didn't realize that. As a matter of fact, a bag of Skittles (I like the fruity taste and one of the three candies I can stand the taste of) will last about two or three months. The one thing I eat the most of ... sunflower seeds! Oh damn ... getting hungry again. Think I'll skip cooking and just do pizza today, craving something common in pizza right now anyhow.

Maybe a hamburger for lunch from my favorite cafe ... they cook them fresh with meat they buy from the store I shop at ... and they use real ingredients instead of all that "fat free" crap (which actually contains about the same fat, just in a different and less tasty form). Maybe some pickles or olives for snack today ... though I may do ice cream, I don't know which I am craving more. I may be low on calcium so probably ice cream.

Okay ... so if obesity IS the leading cause of heart disease then the anti-smokers lied.

If smoking is actually the leading cause of heart disease the idiots like you lie.

You do know that BOTH these claims are backed by medical doctors, right? Now let's see if you brain functions at all. Here's the thing, for every medical problem they have claimed at least two, usually more, "leading causes". That's impossible mathematically. How are they able to make the claim, because there is no real evidence support any of the claims, so they can move them around as they see fit. They use hype and media to sell special foods and crap like over priced equipment to fools like you, who just happen to be mostly fat people made insecure about themselves by the media. The sad part ... you actually believe it.

I think you are confusing "a" with "the".

Okay ... so if obesity IS the leading cause of heart disease then the anti-smokers lied.

If smoking is actually the leading cause of heart disease the idiots like you lie.

You do know that BOTH these claims are backed by medical doctors, right? Now let's see if you brain functions at all. Here's the thing, for every medical problem they have claimed at least two, usually more, "leading causes". That's impossible mathematically. How are they able to make the claim, because there is no real evidence support any of the claims, so they can move them around as they see fit. They use hype and media to sell special foods and crap like over priced equipment to fools like you, who just happen to be mostly fat people made insecure about themselves by the media. The sad part ... you actually believe it.

I think you are confusing "a" with "the".

The word "leading" is used to reference the most significant in such cases ... thus there can only be one that is truly "leading", there can only be one above all the others. This is the trick they use, where a lot of people effected by something happens to have a vice they make people think there is more significant connections by using certain words. Like any advertiser will tell you, you have to make it seem bigger than it is, or people don't pay attention (advertisers annoy me). Just like the phrase "#1 movie in America", using it for almost every movie in theaters. Or the "best in the US" for slop houses which sell food that barely passes as waste. Same concept, same effect.

Dey s-o-o-o fat (How fat are dey?)...
:confused:
Overweight Americans undermining safety of city buses
21 Mar.`11 - It's official: The federal government says more overweight Americans are squeezing onto buses, and it may have to rewrite bus safety rules because of it.
The Federal Transit Authority (FTA) proposes raising the assumed average weight per bus passenger from 150 pounds to 175 pounds, which could mean that across the country, fewer people will be allowed on a city transit bus. The transit authority, which regulates how much weight a bus can carry, also proposes adding an additional quarter of a square foot of floor space per passenger. The changes are being sought "to acknowledge the expanding girth of the average passenger," the agency says.

"This change is really just a bow to reality," says Joseph Schwieterman, who studies bus ridership as director of the Chaddick Institute for Metropolitan Development at DePaul University in Chicago. "With no small number of bus passengers tipping the scale at 200 pounds or more, this is much more realistic." Current federal guidelines on average passenger weight are based on surveys in 1960-62 of what Americans weighed then. Today, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says, the average weight is 194.7 pounds for men 20 and older and 164.7 pounds for women that age range. "FTA believes that 175 pounds is an appropriate average weight to assume for testing buses," the agency says.

Even with the changes, bus riders would be "lighter" than other passengers — at least by federal standards. The Federal Aviation Administration, which oversees airline travel, gauges average passenger weight at 190 pounds in the summer and 195 pounds in the winter. The Coast Guard's assumed average weight is 185 pounds for boats and ferries. The proposed change comes as more people are turning to public transportation to avoid skyrocketing fuel prices. It was published in the Federal Register last week, just as an American Public Transportation Association study predicted an additional 670 million passenger trips per year on transit systems if gas prices reach an average $4 a gallon nationally. At $5 a gallon, the association predicts 1.5 billion more passenger trips.

MORE

... dey so fat dey bustin' the heavy duty shocks an' springs onna city buses!...

... Aw man, now dat's fat!
:eek:

See also:

400-pound marathoner celebrates nine hours, 48 minutes and 52 seconds of 'pure hell'
March 21, 2011 - Kelly Gneiting, a former national champion sumo wrestler, finishes the L.A. Marathon and may have set a Guinness record.
After slowly but steadily working his way through a 26.2-mile course drenched by driving rain, mammoth distance runner Kelly Gneiting finished Sunday's Los Angeles Marathon in nine hours, 48 minutes and 52 seconds, probably establishing a Guinness world record for someone his size. "I did it, but it was hell," Gneiting, 40, said, shortly after crossing the finish line in Santa Monica. "Pure hell." Featured in a Times profile last week, Gneiting is a former national champion sumo wrestler with a 60-inch waist who weighed in just before the race at 400 pounds.

Gneiting completed the marathon by jogging and walking and said there were several times when he feared he wouldn't finish, particularly when his rain-soaked feet developed terrible blisters. "My feet were on fire," he said. "Twice, blisters popped and just about brought me to my knees.... But I kept going."

Despite his slow pace, Gneiting accomplished his two main goals. He improved his time from the only other race he entered, the 2008 L.A. Marathon, which he completed in 11 hours, 48 minutes and 16 seconds. He also appears to have set a Guinness world record for heaviest person to complete a marathon. Guinness representatives must review Gneiting's results before certifying the record.

Source

Uncle Ferd wonderin' if dey had any 400 lb. womens in dat race?
:confused:

Last edited:
possum thinks mebbe dey could have separate boats so fat people could have their own fat flotilla...
:lol:
Heavier passengers on boats force Coast Guard rule change
6 Apr.`11 - Does the growing girth of Americans pose a risk to passenger vessels? The U.S. Coast Guard apparently thinks so, as it's planning to reduce the number of people it'll allow on ferries, sightseeing boats and other small passenger vessels operating in U.S. waters to compensate for the extra pounds Americans have been packing on in recent years, according to a report this week in South Florida's Sun Sentinel.
The news outlet says the Coast Guard plans to reset the average weight per person used to calculate maximum occupancy for American-flagged passenger vessels to 185 pounds. Since the early 1960s, the average weight used in the calculation has been 160 pounds.

Under the new rules, a vessel rated for 16,000 pounds that until now has been allowed to carry 100 passengers would have its maximum occupancy cut to 86 people. The change will take effect Dec. 1.

The Sun Sentinel cites the risk of small commercial boats capsizing if too many heavy passengers move to one side. "The concern is the stability of the vessel," a Coast Guard official tells the news outlet.

Source

Granny says dey shoulda made the fat guy pay the $200 fer the voucher...
:eusa_eh:
Fat man forces passenger to stand seven hours in plane
Nov 25, 2011, An American businessman had to stand for an exhausting seven-hour flight from Alaska to Philadelphia because an obese fellow passenger was taking up half his seat.
Arthur Berkowitz, 57, said a 400-pound man (around 181 kg) squeezed next to his seat on a flight from Anchorage, the New York Post reported. "He was the last one to board, and as he walked down to me, he said, 'I really want to apologize. I'm your worst nightmare'," Berkowitz was quoted as saying. "He was a cordial person. But the facts are, he took half my seat, and half the seat of an exchange student who was pinned up against the window."

Berkowitz said he spent the majority of the time of flight on his feet. "As the arm rests were up, and due to his girth, he covered about half my seat," he said. "I notified the stewardess that this is unacceptable and unsafe." Berkowitz could not also move up to the business class as the plane was full, and he was also not allowed use of a flight-attendant seat. "So I walked up and down. I tell people I didn't fly from Anchorage to Philadelphia -- I walked there!" he said.

Berkowitz said the obese man should have been charged for two seats, and he is calling on airlines to amend their rules. Later Berkowitz, who spent $800 on the trip, got in return a $200 voucher.

Source

Granny says dey shoulda made the fat guy pay the $200 fer the voucher...
:eusa_eh:
Fat man forces passenger to stand seven hours in plane
Nov 25, 2011, An American businessman had to stand for an exhausting seven-hour flight from Alaska to Philadelphia because an obese fellow passenger was taking up half his seat.
Arthur Berkowitz, 57, said a 400-pound man (around 181 kg) squeezed next to his seat on a flight from Anchorage, the New York Post reported. "He was the last one to board, and as he walked down to me, he said, 'I really want to apologize. I'm your worst nightmare'," Berkowitz was quoted as saying. "He was a cordial person. But the facts are, he took half my seat, and half the seat of an exchange student who was pinned up against the window."

Berkowitz said he spent the majority of the time of flight on his feet. "As the arm rests were up, and due to his girth, he covered about half my seat," he said. "I notified the stewardess that this is unacceptable and unsafe." Berkowitz could not also move up to the business class as the plane was full, and he was also not allowed use of a flight-attendant seat. "So I walked up and down. I tell people I didn't fly from Anchorage to Philadelphia -- I walked there!" he said.

Berkowitz said the obese man should have been charged for two seats, and he is calling on airlines to amend their rules. Later Berkowitz, who spent $800 on the trip, got in return a $200 voucher.

Source

Seriously, considering how many Americans are overweight, they really ought to make the seats bigger. I don't mind if they charge you twice as much to sit in them, but I imagine sitting across two seats is rather uncomfortable. How about different size seats with different legroom and reasonable prices? The itty bitty people can pay less and get less.
Personally, I'm sick of having to spread my legs everytime the guy in front of me decides to put his seat back.

Also, due to blood clots, when I fly, I spend a great deal of time walking...nobody has yet reimbursed me...:D But yeah, if somebody was gonna be walking on that flight, it should have been the fat guy.

Some people who are fat REALLY can't help it. But, they don't represent that vast majority of people who are fat.

I think it is also important to recognize that Americans (and perhaps, the rest of the world) have very fucked up body image issues.

It was interesting to me to work with Tongans and Samoans. To the average Tongan man, beautiful = big. In the Islands, being large is a sign of wealth.

In the U.S., increasingly, fat is a sign of poverty. The rich are thin because they have the time to exercise and access to healthier food.

For me, at least, I think it would be an improvement if we focused on being HEALTHY, versus thin.

A gym just opened up down the street from me. They charge $10 per month. Many poor people will tell everyone they are too poor to afford healthy food or $10 per month to go to the gym. Of course, if they didn't spend $150 to $200 per month on cigarettes, well, you get the idea.

Some people who are fat REALLY can't help it. But, they don't represent that vast majority of people who are fat.

I think it is also important to recognize that Americans (and perhaps, the rest of the world) have very fucked up body image issues.

It was interesting to me to work with Tongans and Samoans. To the average Tongan man, beautiful = big. In the Islands, being large is a sign of wealth.

In the U.S., increasingly, fat is a sign of poverty. The rich are thin because they have the time to exercise and access to healthier food.

For me, at least, I think it would be an improvement if we focused on being HEALTHY, versus thin.

A gym just opened up down the street from me. They charge $10 per month. Many poor people will tell everyone they are too poor to afford healthy food or $10 per month to go to the gym. Of course, if they didn't spend $150 to $200 per month on cigarettes, well, you get the idea.

I've never seen a gym that only charged $10 a month, unless they also charged a big fee upfront. If there was one around here, I'd be frequenting it, well maybe. Balley's here really should be closed down due to sexual harassment. What kind of gym forces women to pass by the heavy weightlifting room to get to the pool? While the men's locker opens right out onto the pool?

There are even windows over looking the pool from rooms I've never seen and sometimes you see men looking down into the pool. I was so happy to sell our membership that my husband bought.

possum thinks mebbe dat's why Uncle Ferd prefers fat girls - `cause Granny always stressin' him out...
:eek:
Study: Stressed men prefer bigger women
Aug. 9,`12 (UPI) -- British researchers said their study indicates men who are going through stressful times prefer larger-sized women.
The Westminster University team said they separated 80 male volunteers into two groups and submitted one of the groups to stressful activities including mock job interviews and math exams, The Daily Telegraph reported Thursday.

The researchers, who published their findings in the PLoS ONE journal, said they then showed all of the men pictures of women with various body sizes and asked them to rate the attractiveness of the women. The men who were submitted to the stressful activities chose a significantly larger body type as the "ideal" than the men in the control group, the research team said.

"The results provide the first experimental evidence that the experience of psychological stress shapes men's judgments of female body size," the researchers wrote. "Men experiencing stress not only perceive a heavier female body size as maximally attractive but also more positively perceive heavier female body sizes, and have a wider range of body sizes considered physically attractive."

Source

Forum List

Back