Fastest way you made money off your money?

G.T.

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2009
If you had 5K right now, what's the fastest yet safest way to expand on that 5k, that you've ever had experience with? Thoughts?

hmmm gambling or drugs...one is a better bet than the other...

I actually have a umm, "lead" to get into the "big-time" drug-game if I'd like. But nah, I'm talking above-board, no gambling, Business decision. No hooker-ism either, although I am as sexy as a Glass of Watermelon Juice in Aruba.

If you had 5K right now, what's the fastest yet safest way to expand on that 5k, that you've ever had experience with? Thoughts?

That's an oxymoron.

I've made 40% in 8 months on my mutuals. But between last December and January they were down 20%.

I once made 800% in six months when Netscape launched. But that was high risk and I could have lost the lot.

If you want "safest", keep your money somewhere it's guaranteed by FDIC.

That's an oxymoron.

I've made 40% in 8 months on my mutuals. But between last December and January they were down 20%.

I once made 800% in six months when Netscape launched. But that was high risk and I could have lost the lot.

the oxymoron assumes that there are businesses out there which require low start-up capital yet also involve a low risk vs. return. They exist, I'm simply weighing some opposing visions. I don't do sloppy.

That's an oxymoron.

the oxymoron assumes that there are businesses out there which require low start-up capital yet also involve a low risk vs. return. They exist, I'm simply weighing some opposing visions. I don't do sloppy.

Would you care to share these visions (without going into detail of course)?

Would you care to share these visions (without going into detail of course)?[/QUOTE]

The lowest risk vs. return, in my State of Residence, is Lawn Servicing. The approximate equipment price is $10K, which with the $5K down is a $5K loan over 5-years, something a mere Paperboy could pay.

(Materials: Tow-Bed off craigslist, Industrial-sized Riding mover, two double-wide push mowers, 2 weed whackers, a blower, advertising).

That's just one, I'm at the office right now, time is crucial.

Would you care to share these visions (without going into detail of course)?

The lowest risk vs. return, in my State of Residence, is Lawn Servicing. The approximate equipment price is $10K, which with the $5K down is a $5K loan over 5-years, something a mere Paperboy could pay.

(Materials: Tow-Bed off craigslist, Industrial-sized Riding mover, two double-wide push mowers, 2 weed whackers, a blower, advertising).

That's just one, I'm at the office right now, time is crucial.[/QUOTE]

Ah, I'm with you now. I'd agree that that is low risk vs. potential return to a degree, though I have some caveats.

But I'll let you get back to work.

There's always caveats. Hence the non-existence of "no risk" as opposed to "low risk."

I know the hang-ups with all of my ideas, but the difference between sucess and failure is taking a good plan, and also having the balls to advance with it in-spite of the possibilities of failure and the what-ifs.

chimney sweeps....van and brushes...if you are real fancy a camera that goes into the chimney...they charge how much?

I don't like the Risk vs. Return on that one. In spite of masks, they still develop lung problems. The risk here isn't financial, it's the physical-body risk.

Window washers for sky-scrapers make a lot, also, but they also die infrequently but frequently in comparison to other possible endeavors.

Lawn care business is a pretty good deal. I have a coworker who, well, I'm being nice here, isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer. But he is a good guy and works hard. He started a lawn business 5 years ago and now makes aprox $45K a year from it. I say a aprox because he once confided in me that he makes more from it than he does at the "real" job. I know how much he makes at the "real" job, so I bumped it up a bit from there.

He hangs on to the "real job" for the insurance. His wife has Lupus, and so going self insured would eat him up, if he could even find insurance.

Lawn care business is a pretty good deal. I have a coworker who, well, I'm being nice here, isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer. But he is a good guy and works hard. He started a lawn business 5 years ago and now makes aprox $45K a year from it. I say a aprox because he once confided in me that he makes more from it than he does at the "real" job. I know how much he makes at the "real" job, so I bumped it up a bit from there.

He hangs on to the "real job" for the insurance. His wife has Lupus, and so going self insured would eat him up, if he could even find insurance.

I need to clarify. When I say he works hard, I mean he works HARD. Puts in 9 hours a day, 5 days a week and spends an additional 5-6 hours a day on his lawn care business those days. On his off days from the real job, he puts in 12 hour days on the lawn care side.

When winter hits, things slow down considerably for him. But its balls to the wall spring/summer/fall.

I know a man who became a millionnaire, and only started with a singular push-mower. It's a profitable business to perform any tak that your typical 40+ hour/week hustler doesn't feel like doing themselves.

Forum List

Back