Fast & Furious isn't going away

clevergirl

Gold Member
Oct 22, 2009
This will be the Albatross that finally rids us of the odious Holder and can't help but taint, Obama himself, with the stink of it!

A U.S. government gun-trafficking investigation gone horribly wrong has resulted in the death of a U.S. Border Patrol officer, some 2,000 firearms in the hands of criminals, and the dismissal of a 24-year veteran law enforcement official. This is the story of Fast and Furious, and yesterday the latest chapter unfolded when two top officials associated with the operation were removed from their positions, while a third individual resigned.

link

This program was conceived to give government an excuse for an all out assault on our 2nd amendment rights. I hope all involved rot in our worst prisons and some get tried for the murder of Brian Terry. May they all burn in hell!

This program was conceived to give government an excuse for an all out assault on our 2nd amendment rights. I hope all involved rot in our worst prisons and some get tried for the murder of Brian Terry. May they all burn in hell!

The problem is that the people at the top (Obama, Clinton and Holder) will get away with murder. They will never be tried for part of theis feasco.

But But But the whistle blowers are just disgruntled employees and are lying.

Remember that excuse you guys used to have for ANY whistleblowing?

I hope they get to to bottom of this and REWARD the whistleblowers for their honesty.

I just wish you people hadnt treated so many whistleblowers like trash during the Bush and Reagan admins

You on the righty labeled EVERY whistleblower a disgruntled employee.

You jsut dont like to remember what really goes on in your partisan brains

I can keep making the list there are tons more people the right trashed for whistleblowing

This will be the Albatross that finally rids us of the odious Holder and can't help but taint, Obama himself, with the stink of it!

A U.S. government gun-trafficking investigation gone horribly wrong has resulted in the death of a U.S. Border Patrol officer, some 2,000 firearms in the hands of criminals, and the dismissal of a 24-year veteran law enforcement official. This is the story of Fast and Furious, and yesterday the latest chapter unfolded when two top officials associated with the operation were removed from their positions, while a third individual resigned.

link

I really hope this goes all the way to the TOP. Giving Mexican drug cartels thousands of weapons--who have killed 40K milita--US federal agents--police--and innocent civilians in the cross fire--someone needs to pay--and it certainly isn't 3 ATF agents that just got promoted "so they won't talk."

It sounds like a sting to try and trace illegal gun sales to criminals, to include Mexican cartels like the Zetas.

In other words, to crack down on the guys conducting illegal weapons trafficking.

And it sounds like they botched it.

However, since the 2nd amendment fanatics talking point is always: "No new gun laws! Enforce the laws on the books!" I fail to see what the problem is with trying to keep weapons from being illegally distributed.

Law enforcement does this with narcotics all the time.

Does it look bad? Definitely. It's tragic a border guard was killed with a weapon our government put on the street.

What does this have to do with legitimate gun owners who legally have purchased weapons?

(The Holder Justice Department has made some what it thinks are prudent moves to cover its trail. Picture Eric Holder and company with a large leafy tree branchsweeping the ground its has just walked over trying to eradicate its footprints.
Just a reminder, a blast from the past..."Charging the Philadelphia NBPP with election law violations would be demeaning to my people" E Holder)

"My column today keys off yesterday’s post on the “reassignment” of acting ATF director Kenneth Melson and the re-shuffling of several other Fast and Furious-entangled bureaucrats. The White House hopes the moves will quell spreading outrage over the deadly scandal.

Not bloody likely.

David Codrea, one of the bloggers who led breakthrough reporting on Fast and Furious, reports today on continued obstruction of his FOIA request. Sipsey Street Irregulars, another of the leading F&F bloggers, dubs yesterday’s “The Night of the Short Knives.” As always, check CleanUpATF.org for the word from the ground. Related NRANews interviews on F&F here, here, and here.

While clueless leftists smugly ask “Where are the Obama scandals?”, the screw-ups, move-ups, and cover-ups of this administration flourish unabated.

Sunlight, as always, is the best disinfectant. Help spread the word."

Michelle Malkin » Screw up, move up, cover up: Fast and Furious edition

Precisely...

[FONT=times new roman,times][FONT=times new roman,times]During his 2004 run for the Senate, [/FONT][FONT=times new roman,times]Obama said[/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman,times]"I think that the Second Amendment means something. I think that if the government were to confiscate everybody's guns unilaterally that I think that would be subject to constitutional challenge." [/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,times]No kidding.[/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman,times]He didn't say it would be unconstitutional, just "subject to constitutional challenge." Nor did he express any opposition[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman,times]Source...[/FONT][FONT=times new roman,times].[/FONT]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8fAROhy8k0&feature=related"]Obama gun control - YouTube[/ame]

Now when he nominated Erich Holder as head of DOJ? A whole 'nother can-o-worms was opened...as to his judgement in the nomination of Holder:

Despite a huge Democratic Senate majority, Eric Holder’s confirmation hearings are going to be difficult. He has a long record to defend. Whether it is his involvement and inconsistent statements about Bill Clinton’s pardon of fugitive financier Marc Rich’s or his pushing Clinton’s clemency of the FALN terrorists or his failure to disclose his work for troubled Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich after Blagojevich's legal problems surfaced, he faces tough questions.
But Holder’s nomination raises other questions about what President-elect Barack Obama claimed he believed during the campaign. Numerous times he promised that he supported an individual’s right to own guns and that he wouldn’t do anything to take away people’s guns.

Just last year in a brief to the Supreme Court, Holder argued that “the Second Amendment did not protect an individual right to keep and bear arms,” that it only protected government militias’ rights to guns. He claimed that the Second Amendment posed no obstacle to implementing gun bans.

Read more: Obama and the Second Amendment - Opinion - FOXNews.com

So I think that you are correct in your assertion regarding the intent of this nasty business that Obama has done.

And isn't it strange (not really strange, but typical) that Obama has the ATF chief reassigned? (Err...uhmm swept under the rug)...

Obama shakes up gun agency over botched Mexico sting

Attorney General Eric Holder and Melson both issued statements but steered clear of any comments about the controversy. Holder has referred the entire matter to the department's inspector general for an investigation.

Melson will be reassigned to the Justice Department's Office of Legal Policy as an adviser on forensic science, the Justice Department said.

Obama knows this issue will dog him...so why not get rid of it now?

As usual the MSM is being quiet on this awful Democrat scandal. If a Republican was in there,the CNN,NY Times,& NBC nutters would be screeching for Impeachment over this. Who knows how many innocent people were brutally murdered with these weapons? Holder has to go. Period,end of story.

Forum List

Back