Farmers thrash idea of commercial licenses

Huh. I must be the only one in this thread that read it and immediately thought this was about illegal immigrant workers. Requiring a CDL would be another barrier to hiring an illegal alien for farm work.

Maybe the government should license IT guys, too.

Don't think that hasn't been suggested.

Licensing is a scheme perpetrated by incompetent trolls in an industry to keep new entrants out. It keeps the supply of a given type of labor down and therefore artificially inflates the wages of the lucky few who are already in the trade.

That's why the ABA comes down on anyone who gives out legal advice like a ton of bricks. Just try setting up a business to help people with simple legal procedures like writing a will or suing someone and see what happens.
Doctors, yeah. Lawyers, yeah. Pilots, yeah. All should be licensed.

IT guys? No.

CDLs for anything..pffft.

I can drive a tractor trailer. I don't need no stinking CDL.

Heck..I'd like to try brain surgery too. Or being a Lawyer.

I've always wanted to be a pilot too.

A tractor trailer and a farm tractor are 2 entirely different animals.

To require a CDL for driving a farm tractor a couple hundred feet down a road between fields is beyond stupid. The next thing the idiots in government will mandate is that all farm machinery meet standards for automobiles.

That would be a great way to put small farms out of business.

Yay government.
My tractor already has a roll cage and a seat belt. It started 6 or 7 years ago. A federal license is the next illogical step.

Forum List

Back