Farm Bureau warns about EPA takeover of waterways

[

I love it when you post links, it proves that your reading comprehension is negligible, at best, or that you're a bald-faced liar.

You pick...

If you read the whole article, it was pretty clear that the family farmers are being only kept afloat by government subsidies...

I think you are the one with the comprehension problem.

Not to mention the inability to interface with reality.

Hey, how's Ron Paul doing these days?

As for helping out the family farmer, the number of farms has shrunk by half since 1960. In particular, fewer than a third of America's full-time farmers now fit the idealized image of Old McDonald and his family. Most of these small farmers get subsidies and are grateful to have them. But it is the biggest farms that get the most, turning subsidies into a particularly gross kind of corporate welfare. The largest 10% of farms get about 72% of the loot.

I see you ignored your own link AGAIN...

I'm saying that dead serious, because it's true.

the Family Farmer is only kept afloat by the fact that the government subsidizes the shit out of him for existing, which is why the USDA has one bureaucrat for every 7 active farmers. Which is what happens when you give largely vacant Rectangular States two senators, each.

are you a dem or a gop because if you're a dem your paragraph just contradicted everything that the dems stand for...unless
those who feed our nation are white republicans

I'm neither. I'm a pragmatist.

It's impractical to have the taxpayer subsidize government farmers beause they hold a lot of political power or just because we have this romance about family farms.

and it;s not a taxpaying farmers responsibility to pay subsidies to an irresponsible welfare queen who has 10 kids from 5 different daddies

the Family Farmer is only kept afloat by the fact that the government subsidizes the shit out of him for existing, which is why the USDA has one bureaucrat for every 7 active farmers. Which is what happens when you give largely vacant Rectangular States two senators, each.

$9 corn and $18 beans doesn't hurt either.

Especially when the government pays for corn to be produced and then converted into fuel no one wants to use and sugar that is less healthy than cane sugar.

I believe the ethanol subsidies ended.

The vast majority of gov't subsidies go to BigAg, not family farmers. The government is doing all it can to wipe out the last of the family farmers with things like USAID, which burdens those 'family' farmers with ridiculous regulations while exempting corporate farms.

You really should take a little time to read up on this stuff, Joe...

I have...

Welfare Farming - June 1, 2005

frankly, we should just let the family farmer go bankrupt... which is what you guys say about industries where the workers have kept unions...

But since these hayseeds keep voting Republican and Republicans keep voting subsidies... well, nothing like a little hypocrisy.

Oh, that's right. You're a "Libertarian"...

Yep we need aour food supply controlled by 2-3 mega corps.

are you a dem or a gop because if you're a dem your paragraph just contradicted everything that the dems stand for...unless
those who feed our nation are white republicans

I'm neither. I'm a pragmatist.

It's impractical to have the taxpayer subsidize government farmers beause they hold a lot of political power or just because we have this romance about family farms.

and it;s not a taxpaying farmers responsibility to pay subsidies to an irresponsible welfare queen who has 10 kids from 5 different daddies

Right. Because it would clearly be more humane to let those kids starve to death.

[I love it when you post links, it proves that your reading comprehension is negligible, at best, or that you're a bald-faced liar.

You pick...

If you read the whole article, it was pretty clear that the family farmers are being only kept afloat by government subsidies...

I think you are the one with the comprehension problem.

Not to mention the inability to interface with reality.

Hey, how's Ron Paul doing these days?

I guess you didn’t bother to even look at the quote that has been noted by two other posters that clearly show that the largest producers (NOT the family farmer) get the vast majority of the subsidies. Then you continued to ignore the second part of the quote that says many of the small farmers are paying that subsidy directly forward because the subsidies themselves inflate the costs of farming.

No, it is not them with the reading comprehension issues, your link completely contradicts your point.

I guess you didn’t bother to even look at the quote that has been noted by two other posters that clearly show that the largest producers (NOT the family farmer) get the vast majority of the subsidies. Then you continued to ignore the second part of the quote that says many of the small farmers are paying that subsidy directly forward because the subsidies themselves inflate the costs of farming.

No, it is not them with the reading comprehension issues, your link completely contradicts your point.

Point is, those subsidies only exist to keep family farmers afloat. It's the worst kind of corporate welfare that Republicans oddly never bitch about...

Point is, those subsidies only exist to keep family farmers afloat. It's the worst kind of corporate welfare that Republicans oddly never bitch about...

Good point. What state in the U.S. doesn't have farming in it?

As opposed to oil and/or natural gas.

Farmers have forever been America's sweethearts. Oil and gas has forever been kicked in the balls.

Forum List

Back