Fargo season 3 starts tonight!

So I watched ep 9 on Thursday, and watched it again tonight...

What a great episode!! From start to finish, it was full-throttle!

However, there's 1 episode left, and either it is going to be even more high-octane than this one, or... (this is where my conspiracy theories kick in)

It was kinda weird how the network and producers have been leaking that there may be no season 4... Why would they prematurely do that with a kick-ass show, earning emmy nominations left and right in seasons 1 and 2?

And here's my theory... Season 3 will not end next week, like 1 & 2 have previously. The story will extend to a season 4. The story of V.M. Vagra and Nikki Swango will continue to another season, because there is still so much left to tell. And I don't think they can wrap it up nicely and satisfactorily in one last 48 min episode.

So the reason why they're saying that there may be no season 4... Is because season 4 is already in the works! Like Emmit said about a lie being true if you believe it.

And again, this is purely a personal theory, I don't think the finale will end this story. And it will be the 1st season to carry over into 2 seasons. I could be 100% wrong, but if I'm right, you heard it here first! :)

But besides all that, what a kick-ass episode!! Swango and Wrench!!! :)

It's definitely given me hope for the finale. I love season 3, but I was worried at times about whether they would pull off a solid ending. Episode 9 is the one episode in all of season 3 so far that I'd give a solid 10/10 all the way through. Now I can't wait to see the finale. :)

So I watched ep 9 on Thursday, and watched it again tonight...

What a great episode!! From start to finish, it was full-throttle!

However, there's 1 episode left, and either it is going to be even more high-octane than this one, or... (this is where my conspiracy theories kick in)

It was kinda weird how the network and producers have been leaking that there may be no season 4... Why would they prematurely do that with a kick-ass show, earning emmy nominations left and right in seasons 1 and 2?

And here's my theory... Season 3 will not end next week, like 1 & 2 have previously. The story will extend to a season 4. The story of V.M. Vagra and Nikki Swango will continue to another season, because there is still so much left to tell. And I don't think they can wrap it up nicely and satisfactorily in one last 48 min episode.

So the reason why they're saying that there may be no season 4... Is because season 4 is already in the works! Like Emmit said about a lie being true if you believe it.

And again, this is purely a personal theory, I don't think the finale will end this story. And it will be the 1st season to carry over into 2 seasons. I could be 100% wrong, but if I'm right, you heard it here first! :)

But besides all that, what a kick-ass episode!! Swango and Wrench!!! :)

It's definitely given me hope for the finale. I love season 3, but I was worried at times about whether they would pull off a solid ending. Episode 9 is the one episode in all of season 3 so far that I'd give a solid 10/10 all the way through. Now I can't wait to see the finale. :)

Totally agree that that was the best episode this season. And i have the same worries about a solid ending. There seems to be a lot to say in the final 48 minutes. But the writers are the experts, and they're darn good, so I expect something fantastic! Or, something of a cliffhanger that will lead to season 4...

We'll check back next week to see if we're happy or heartbroken :)

There's like no people with the northern accent there eh...

I don't know, I'm from Queens, NY, sounds good to me anywhoo. Depends how north we're talking though. Their "you betcha's" sound good to me... But def no Canadian eh's going on there...

Another thing that will be interesting to see is if they can top their previous emmy nominations.

Just in the actor/actress category:
Ewan McGregor (lead and supporting actor bc of his dual role)
Mary Elizabeth Winstead (Nikki Swango rocks)
David Thewlis (VM Vagra is almost as bad-ass as Billy Bob)
Michael Stuhlbarg (hands down, best acting in a supporting role)
Olivia Sandoval (Winnie is the most refreshingly likable character i have seen in a very long time, I hope she gets some kudos)
Carrie Coon (her calm demeanor is perfect against the other high-profile characters, and she does it perfectly)

All 6 should be nominated. In one 10-episode season, just in acting, that's a great accomplishment! To have this level of acting talent in one season of a tv show just goes to show how good it really is.

Another thing that will be interesting to see is if they can top their previous emmy nominations.

Just in the actor/actress category:
Ewan McGregor (lead and supporting actor bc of his dual role)
Mary Elizabeth Winstead (Nikki Swango rocks)
David Thewlis (VM Vagra is almost as bad-ass as Billy Bob)
Michael Stuhlbarg (hands down, best acting in a supporting role)
Olivia Sandoval (Winnie is the most refreshingly likable character i have seen in a very long time, I hope she gets some kudos)
Carrie Coon (her calm demeanor is perfect against the other high-profile characters, and she does it perfectly)

All 6 should be nominated. In one 10-episode season, just in acting, that's a great accomplishment! To have this level of acting talent in one season of a tv show just goes to show how good it really is.

Unless the finale tops episode 9 somehow, they should submit episode 9 for the emmy.

I thought I had posted this, but it might have been during an outage. Was checking back to see if you had any reviews as well, and I had never posted since ep 9. :)

I hate what happened, but I love the solution. I didn't think Swango would swing to the evil side. But she was a cat caught in a corner when the cop pulled up... And she was ultimately the evil-doer over Emitt. So yeah, she deserved it, per her own words and destiny...

And the Vagra story is a great cliffhanger!

Does someone walk in that door in a few seconds, or not?

Definitely opens possibilities for writing a good enough script for season 4... Or a season that will tie into the ending.

As compared to the 1st 2 seasons of Fargo, I give this one a 8.5 outta 10. Season 1 was a 10, it was perfect in every way. Season 2 was a 9. Season 3 had some episodes that delved into things that didn't play into the finale, and seems like wasted time, although they were great stand-alone episodes (the one about the step-dad, and Peter and the Wolf). Even though they were great episodes, you can't waste time with 10 episodes per season. The ongoing drama in the 1st 2 seasons never let up.

All 3 seasons are must-watch TV. And season 3 had all the possibilities of being #1. But it's just behind season 2 in my opinion, which is STILL a GREAT achievement! There is nothing wrong with 8.5 out of 10 stars in my book :)

I recommend Fargo (series and movie) to everyone I know. BTW, another show I highly recommend is "Into the Badlands" (if you're into that genre)... check it out... friggin awesome!

I'd be interested to hear what you thought about the finale!

Last edited:
I thought I had posted this, but it might have been during an outage. Was checking back to see if you had any reviews as well, and I had never posted since ep 9. :)

I hate what happened, but I love the solution. I didn't think Swango would swing to the evil side. But she was a cat caught in a corner when the cop pulled up... And she was ultimately the evil-doer over Emitt. So yeah, she deserved it, per her own words and destiny...

Definitely opens possibilities for writing a good enough script for season 4... Or a season that will tie into the ending.

As compared to the 1st 2 seasons of Fargo, I give this one a 8.5 outta 10. Season 1 was a 10, it was perfect in every way. Season 2 was a 9. Season 3 had some episodes that delved into things that didn't play into the finale, and seems like wasted time, although they were great stand-alone episodes (the one about the step-dad, and Peter and the Wolf). Even though they were great episodes, you can't waste time with 10 episodes per season. The ongoing drama in the 1st 2 seasons never let up.

All 3 seasons are must-watch TV. And season 3 had all the possibilities of being #1. But it's just behind season 2 in my opinion, which is STILL a GREAT achievement! There is nothing wrong with 8.5 out of 10 stars in my book :)

I recommend Fargo (series and movie) to everyone I know. BTW, another show I highly recommend is "Into the Badlands" (if you're into that genre)... check it out... friggin awesome!

I thought the last two episodes of season 3 were damn near perfect. Season 3 as a whole wasn't quite as strong as season 2, IMO, but I still loved it since it wasn't just a rehash of what came before. I do think season 3 may have had slightly better acting at times.

VM Varga is probably the best villain in Fargo so far, but Hanzee is still my favorite character. I also like the family mobs in season 2 as well as the Sheriff in season 2.

Carrie Coon and Michael Stuhlbarg were great in season 3 as were Winstead and McGregor.

I have seen a bit of Into the Badlands, but not enough to form an opinion. One of my good friends was really into the show for a while, so I caught about 2 episodes of it.

I just recently got into Justified, and I'm liking it a lot so far. I'll post a separate topic to review the first season. I just finished episode 7.

• Thanks
Reactions: RWS
Being a Cohen brothers fan, I found the series delightful. If you've watched their movies closely, you can see similar scenes, like the one in the bowling alley in season 3 where a stranger pops up out of nowhere at the bar; The Big Lebowski.

I thought the last two episodes of season 3 were damn near perfect. Season 3 as a whole wasn't quite as strong as season 2, IMO, but I still loved it since it wasn't just a rehash of what came before. I do think season 3 may have had slightly better acting at times.

VM Varga is probably the best villain in Fargo so far, but Hanzee is still my favorite character. I also like the family mobs in season 2 as well as the Sheriff in season 2.

Carrie Coon and Michael Stuhlbarg were great in season 3 as were Winstead and McGregor.

I have seen a bit of Into the Badlands, but not enough to form an opinion. One of my good friends was really into the show for a while, so I caught about 2 episodes of it.

I just recently got into Justified, and I'm liking it a lot so far. I'll post a separate topic to review the first season. I just finished episode 7.

Yep, both those last 2 episodes were fantastic. If not for the 2 filler episodes, one of which had another Sunny character, it may have gotten a 10 in my opinion, but they didn't tie it back to those episodes. So while great character building, and great standalone episodes, they really had nothing to do with main story. So that disappointed me a little. Can't wait to see Charlie from Sunny be next in season 4! :)

Varga is def a bad-ass dude. So close to Billy Bob. But in this scene in s01, Malvo blew my mind in terms of evil... and the elevator scene too. I love Hanzee too!

Hopefully you'll keep watching Into the Badlands. It gets better acting-wise and story-line as you go. It's an action/martial-arts/sci-fi show, so it takes a little while to develop. The action is unmatched in anything I've ever seen on tv. It's like The Matrix without guns, meets Kill Bill, meets Mad Max. And Quinn is another of my favorite all-time bad-guys on TV, with Varga and Malvo. Hopefully you stick with it, because it gets really good, if you like that genre.

Being a Cohen brothers fan, I found the series delightful. If you've watched their movies closely, you can see similar scenes, like the one in the bowling alley in season 3 where a stranger pops up out of nowhere at the bar; The Big Lebowski.
Oh yeah, definitely. I didn't notice them myself while initially watching, but when reading recaps, the authors would always point out the winks to other Coen Brothers movies. There were actually quite a lot, but I'm not observant enough to notice them until pointed out. :)

The writer of the show is a huge Coen Bro fan. TV Fargo is must-watch for any fan for sure! I find it hard to think of any show that matched the brilliance of this show in it's first 3 seasons. Here's hoping the writer takes his time for season 4, and can keep it at this level! I'd rather wait 2-3 years, than rush a bad season 4.

Oh yeah, definitely. I didn't notice them myself while initially watching, but when reading recaps, the authors would always point out the winks to other Coen Brothers movies. There were actually quite a lot, but I'm not observant enough to notice them until pointed out. :)

The writer of the show is a huge Coen Bro fan. TV Fargo is must-watch for any fan for sure! I find it hard to think of any show that matched the brilliance of this show in it's first 3 seasons. Here's hoping the writer takes his time for season 4, and can keep it at this level! I'd rather wait 2-3 years, than rush a bad season 4.
Yeah. I agree. The only objection I had is they went a bit too heavy on the Jewish stuff were as the Coen brothers seem more circumspect. It seemed gratuitous.

I have been a huge fan of this show since season one. I love all the Coen Brothers movies and Fargo is one of my favorites. Season 1 was hard to beat in terms of acting... Billy Bob and Freeman... OMG... perfect! The writing was great. It held with the Fargo theme without overdoing it or coming across as copying it.

Season 2 was less entertaining to me personally. I still loved it but it just didn't have the same appeal for some reason. I kept telling myself it was because Billy Bob was hard to replace.

Season 3 was as good as Season 2. The VM Varga character was awesome. There wasn't nearly as much blood and gore.

I have complaints with all 3 seasons on the story line. S1-- The Fishnado and then, Colin Hanks basically executing someone and getting an accommodation. I know Malvo was bad but that part just bugged me a little. S2-- The UFO crap was too much. S3-- The sci-fi writer episode was dumb and then, it felt like the ending had no real closure. Oh, and Emmit's car breaking down but then magically starting along with the fact no one ever discovered his smashed cell phone at the scene of the double killing. BUT.... it's FARGO... weird shit happens, right?

I hope they have a Season 4. I'll definitely watch it.

I have been a huge fan of this show since season one. I love all the Coen Brothers movies and Fargo is one of my favorites. Season 1 was hard to beat in terms of acting... Billy Bob and Freeman... OMG... perfect! The writing was great. It held with the Fargo theme without overdoing it or coming across as copying it.

Season 2 was less entertaining to me personally. I still loved it but it just didn't have the same appeal for some reason. I kept telling myself it was because Billy Bob was hard to replace.

Season 3 was as good as Season 2. The VM Varga character was awesome. There wasn't nearly as much blood and gore.

I have complaints with all 3 seasons on the story line. S1-- The Fishnado and then, Colin Hanks basically executing someone and getting an accommodation. I know Malvo was bad but that part just bugged me a little. S2-- The UFO crap was too much. S3-- The sci-fi writer episode was dumb and then, it felt like the ending had no real closure. Oh, and Emmit's car breaking down but then magically starting along with the fact no one ever discovered his smashed cell phone at the scene of the double killing. BUT.... it's FARGO... weird shit happens, right?

Yeah. That it's weird, we get it. It's gotten to be a bit of cult classic, but this is expanding the original. Hope for one more season.

We watched season 1 this week. It was awesome. I liked it better than season 3.
To me the insurance salesman was the most memorable character because he was so "normal" seeming and yet he had not a glimmer of redeeming human qualities. Every time he got a chance, he chose no. Amazing acting. Freeman is doing John Watson on Masterpiece Theater's Sherlock. He is quite an actor. Can do real depth. Appears to like edgy drama with good writing. I'm becoming a fan. Someone said he was in Lord of the Rings? I've seen the films, but who was he?

He was Bilbo Baggins I believe, in the Hobbit movies. I haven't watched them to be honest, except for LOTR. He was awesome in Fargo s01! Just as good as Macy in the movie. It made my stomach wrench every time he would do something wrong... It was awesome!

When you can wince at a movie or TV show, just because they just did something stupid or bad, that's a good show!

This may be the first time we have ever agreed! Thanks for stopping by!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back