Farewell Sweden.....

No, I'm citing the wikipedia article, "Women in Iran" which also cites a Professor of Anthropology. Ayatollah Khomeini is much misunderstood in the West, especially by Americans who still see him as the "demonic mullah" who kept Americans hostage. All revolutions have never been particularly considerate about "human rights" which are, after all, a Western invention.
I see him as the demon who got some 30,000 people hanged in 1988. Political prisoners. Children caught on the street sharing political fliers. Arrested, forgot to release, hanged ..well, since the rest of them are, the prisons are overcrowded.

See my note on "all revolutions..." above. The Shah was no better, hence the revolution in the first place.
So you think going from bad to worse is improvement?

Depends on who you ask; some Iranians see it that way, others think the revolution was an improvment on the Shah's regime. If the USA had left things alone in 1953, at least the Iranian people would have decided their own future by themselves.
And the rest of the world has to deal with how much things got worse for them as a result.
Going from bad to worse is not improvement.

Tell that to the CIA. In 1953 Iran was a comparatively liberal democracy until the people decided to take control of their own natural resources. That was too much for the USA so they installed their own puppet...until he decided the people were right in 1953 and wanted to take control of Iran's natural resources so the USA dropped him and allowed the revolution to succeed and finaly the people took control over their own natural resources. If things have gotten "worse" the USA only has itself to blame. just one of the many "triumphs" of foreign policy from the "leader of the free world".

I see him as the demon who got some 30,000 people hanged in 1988. Political prisoners. Children caught on the street sharing political fliers. Arrested, forgot to release, hanged ..well, since the rest of them are, the prisons are overcrowded.

See my note on "all revolutions..." above. The Shah was no better, hence the revolution in the first place.
So you think going from bad to worse is improvement?

Depends on who you ask; some Iranians see it that way, others think the revolution was an improvment on the Shah's regime. If the USA had left things alone in 1953, at least the Iranian people would have decided their own future by themselves.
And the rest of the world has to deal with how much things got worse for them as a result.
Going from bad to worse is not improvement.

Tell that to the CIA. In 1953 Iran was a comparatively liberal democracy until the people decided to take control of their own natural resources. That was too much for the USA so they installed their own puppet...until he decided the people were right in 1953 and wanted to take control of Iran's natural resources so the USA dropped him and allowed the revolution to succeed and finaly the people took control over their own natural resources. If things have gotten "worse" the USA only has itself to blame. just one of the many "triumphs" of foreign policy from the "leader of the free world".
Yeah, I'm aware of all that, left wing hack.
Again, you're suggesting that going from bad to worse is improvement and you conveniently discount that pesky little cold war thing.

Forum List

Back