Farewell old friend

bigrebnc1775

][][][% NC Sheepdog
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 12, 2010
Kannapolis, N.C.
I never knew how much you would be missed the day you found me, so many years ago. You never asked for anything, you always gave more then you were given. But you knew your were loved. It's true that I knew your life would be gone in a blink of an eye, but in that blink you gave me more than twenty humans could ever try.
Sparky
1993- May 14 2011

Attachments

• $securedownload.png
    $securedownload.png
    11 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
I never knew how much you would be missed the day you found me, so many years ago. You never asked for anything, you always gave more then you were given. But you knew your were loved. It's true that I knew your life would be gone in a blink of an eye, but in that blink you gave me more than twenty humans could ever try.
Sparky
1993- May 16 2011

I know how you feel. Lost two in the last couple years. The pain never goes away.

Sparky
1993- May 16 2011

It's so sad when a loved pet dies. I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope he didn't suffer much.

Sparky
1993- May 16 2011

Big, I don't know the backstory here, but I'm guessing pretty close to what happened to my brother. Harrison jumped into my brother's boat 24 years ago. They were in MI for a long weekend. The dog, mostly if not all Newfoundland, just attached himself to my brother, who was like, "Whose dog is this?" The locals said he'd been around for weeks, but never seemed to find an owner. He was extremely obedient regarding sit, stay, up, down, and come. No collar or tags. When my brother was pulling out his truck to go home, in the bed was Harrison. My brother stopped and took the dog out saying, "Go home!" Harrison jumped in bed again.

When he got home, the wife said, "We've a newborn, and a 3 year old. 2 bedrooms. We cannot handle a 135 lb dog!" So they took out advertisements for a month for local papers. No calls.

The dog pulled their youngest daughter at 18 months from a car in the street when she got out the front door. He killed a coyote that came up and made camp in their spa during the winter. The dog was a super protector. He bit a child predator, the kids uncle and pinned him until my brother came home. He was a hero. Best. damn. dog.

I know how much pain there is involved with losing a good friend. I'm betting Sparky had a wonderful life and was happy every single day.

Sorry for your loss Bigrebnc...

I lost my dog a year ago. I got her for my 16th birthday. I still think about her, actually looked at pictures of her today. I even cried about her about a week ago.
I feel for ya! :( Dogs are the best!

Do not watch Marley and Me any time soon, you will sob the whole movie.

Oh bigreb, I'm so sorry. It is so hard when it's their time to go. Sparky had a great life and a great owner . . . hoping you can take comfort in that and in having him as your friend for all those years.

That's why I will never have another dog. It just hurts too much to lose them.

Indeed it hurts, but the love and companionship makes it all worth while. My mom had a dog she'd raised from when she was 13. Her dad took care of the dog when she left home at 18 for Washington to work for the war effort with the phone company. When he died, the dog wouldn't eat, even when my mom did all to coax him. The dog starved.

Love is two way street with dogs and man, the loss hurts and when it happens it sometimes costs lives. But, the bond will go on.

Sparky
1993- May 14 2011

Sorry for your loss.

Sparky
1993- May 14 2011

Sorry for your loss.

Damn, I should have said those simple, but correct words. My condolences, seriously.

Risking sacrilege got to catch this!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGeKSiCQkPw&feature=share]YouTube - Ultimate Dog Tease[/ame]

I hope it makes you smile.

I'm so sorry Bigreb. :(
No words I could express would soothe the pain I know you feel. All I can say is, look for the day you will reunited and what a joyous occasion that will be.
Hugs

Sparky
1993- May 14 2011

Oh this is sad, bigrebnc. How wonderful for you and Sparky to have had a mutual love and loyal friendship. I am so sad for you, my sweet friend. Time.

Forum List

Back