Far right wing county ARRESTS people; Then forces them into a church!!!

There was no religion presented moron. Its a building made of wood bricks and steel just like EVERY OTHER building.

Just change your avatar vote for obama and stop playing games

So a House of God is nothing but a building of bricks, wood and wires? You are not a very good Christian if you believe that.

When you are using it for a Purpose other than Religion.

Of course it is.

You are doing what the loons on Both sides do so often. Trying to make a fucking Massive Mountain, out of a tiny little fucking Mole hill.

The only thing I will say about this is that they should have know better, because they should have known a Bunch of Reactionary Fools like yourself would try and spin this into them forcing Religion on people.

Personally I see no problem with what they did, other than they should have known about you idiots.

lol

Ya know, the article did not even say they were forced to go into the church, they may have been processed in the parking lot.

The other thing is there were 24 differnt agencies involved, they probably needed a central location.

This thread is silly.

Schools don't offer up their buildings for just anything...particularly for housing criminals.

Suspects were transported to First Baptist Church of Fairforest to be processed and then transported to the Spartanburg County jail.

Okay, can we at least acknowledge that that is just a tad weird?

Apparently not some of us.

150 warrants served in Operation Dragnet in Spartanburg County | GoUpstate.com

Ok. So the devil is in the details. But seriously. A massive warrant round up, in the uber-conservative upstate of South Carolina. The prisoners are taken, in handcuffs in custody, into a First Baptist Church to be processed before going to jail!!!!!

No shit. They actually arrested them, and then force them into a Baptist Church before taking them to jail.

The right wing never left the 1800's I suppose.

Would you rather they processed them at the local elementary school? It's a building...they didn't make them sit through a service for goodness sake.

Ok. So the devil is in the details. But seriously. A massive warrant round up, in the uber-conservative upstate of South Carolina. The prisoners are taken, in handcuffs in custody, into a First Baptist Church to be processed before going to jail!!!!!

No shit. They actually arrested them, and then force them into a Baptist Church before taking them to jail.

Is there room in the Spartanburg County jail for 150 or more prisoners to be held prior to booking? I would venture to guess there is not.

Are you claiming that these arrestees were forced to participate in some kind of religious exercise while waiting for booking, or are you just coming unglued because of the building they were held in?

Imagine this: Some local mayor or governor, a huge supporter of Barack Obama, does a massive tax-evasion warrant round up. And then herds them into a Muslim mosque before taking them to jail. Would there be outrage??? No question.

Only if they forced them to wash their feet before entering....and then pray.

BTW, the bolded part is why they would never use a Mosque. A Synagogue, possibly, but not a Mosque. That and I doubt the Muslims or the Jews or even the Buddhists would allow the state to use their buildings.

Churches on the other hand, reach out to the community. All kinds of events are held in churches and many of them are non-religious.

Merely entering a church does not remove any constitutional religious rights.

Actually, it might. Remember that girl that sued because the school had some religious thing painted on their wall that was a gift by a graduating class? It had been there for more than 40 years and one stupid teenager decided it "offended" her. The judge ordered it removed, or covered. Apparently, just looking at something that is religious is against the constitution according to some. I hate to say it, but the idiot op might have a point.

Being forced into one while in the custody of the government does. You cant be forced into a church...regardless of circumstance. Freedom FROM religion, remember?

There was no religion presented moron. Its a building made of wood bricks and steel just like EVERY OTHER building.

Just change your avatar vote for obama and stop playing games

So a House of God is nothing but a building of bricks, wood and wires? You are not a very good Christian if you believe that.

So...I assume you'd be ok with the mosque being built near the WTC right? After all, its just a building. Or you'd be ok with Obama hording federal prisoners in mosques before taking them to jail, right?

I am not a Christian.

The Ground Zero mosque is a victory flag, denying this fact is just jaw-droppingly stupid.

I'd be fine with it, but many mosques do not permit non-Muslims inside, so they wouldn't!

Another example of how churches benefit the communities.

It's probably the biggest, best maintained building in the area. They were generous to allow the use of it.

Oh, and btw, you're a hysterical extremist loon.

That county is part of a 1,000,000 resident CSA, including Greenville, according to the Census Bureau. I bet there was a bigger, empty, non-religious building somwhere in SC's 7th largest city Spartanburg.

Probably not one that was...
Easily secured with a small number of personnel. (Rules out most retail establishments.)
Available. (I wouldn't permit any building I owned to be used to process arresstees!)
Convenient to where the raids were. (If it's 30 miles away, it defeats the whole purpose.)
Ready to go. (Many empty buildings have ventilation and/or power turned off.)

Also, the building would need a large, easily-accessed parking lot to accommodate all the police vehicles.

"Bucs90 great OP, Bro" -- Jake the Fake

"Bucs90 really knows his shit" -- David Axelrod

"OMG! Bucs90 get me so moist!!" -- Sandy Fluke

What is the problem legally speaking) with what was done?

Forum List

Back