Far right GOP in Congress holding Speaker position hostage

It be neat if Bill Clinton could be nominated for speaker of the house, and win..... since anyone can be nominated, even if they are not a member of the house.....

though I believe since he has been President for two terms, and the Speaker of the House is 3rd in line to the Presidency if the President and Vice President were both killed, it probably would be against the rules....but honestly, I am not certain on that because being President from an emergency situation is not the same as being President because you ran for a 3rd term...

as example, Ford was President when Nixon resigned to finish the term, same with Johnson when Kennedy was killed to finish the term, they were both eligible to run for the Presidency and win, two additional times, two terms.

Also, not a good thing with Hillary running for the Presidency.....

Setting Bill aside, is there anyone, anyone at all out there, that could be a good speaker of the House that could bring congress together to accomplish what needs to be accomplished?

It be neat if Bill Clinton could be nominated for speaker of the house, and win..... since anyone can be nominated, even if they are not a member of the house.....

though I believe since he has been President for two terms, and the Speaker of the House is 3rd in line to the Presidency if the President and Vice President were both killed, it probably would be against the rules....but honestly, I am not certain on that because being President from an emergency situation is not the same as being President because you ran for a 3rd term...

as example, Ford was President when Nixon resigned to finish the term, same with Johnson when Kennedy was killed to finish the term, they were both eligible to run for the Presidency and win, two additional times, two terms.

Also, not a good thing with Hillary running for the Presidency.....

Setting Bill aside, is there anyone, anyone at all out there, that could be a good speaker of the House that could bring congress together to accomplish what needs to be accomplished?
No. Because the problem does not lie within the office of the Speaker. The problem lies in the GOP, and specifically the Freedom Caucus, and their entire goal is to not accomplish anything.

I don't think it's right to pay them their very high salaries and benefits if they do nothing and accomplish nothing....we as a Nation, have some serious problems out there and something has to be done, by congress....

this is not the time to be idle...or waste the money we are paying them and paying their huge staff.

when the going gets tough, the tough get going!

That tough time is now!

The GOP is devouring itself from within. Just another one of the three rinks of the GOP Circus!

Forum List

Back