Far left & illegal immigrants outraged at Pelosi/Schumer for allegedly making deal with Trump

AsianTrumpSupporter

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2017
Democratic People's Republique de Californie
Pelosi, Schumer face ire from the left over Dreamer talks

Democratic leaders are facing fresh trouble with their left flank after cutting their latest deal with President Donald Trump to protect Dreamers.

Hispanic lawmakers were blindsided by the Wednesday night announcement from House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) that they’d support legislation to help the nearly 700,000 undocumented immigrants in exchange for an unspecified boost in border security.

And immigration activists were frustrated to see Democrats claim victory only days after calling for a stand-alone vote on a path to citizenship for Dreamers.

The concerns are particularly acute in the Congressional Hispanic Caucus, where some members worry Democratic leaders — despite getting Trump to drop demands for a border wall in the talks — have already given away too much in the nascent negotiations and say their members are being shut out of key talks.

“I remember when issues of immigration were first filtered through, checked in with us. And I don’t see that,” said Rep. Luis Gutiérrez (D-Ill.), one of the most outspoken members of the caucus. “There is a slippery slope here that I see beginning to appear."

“This is bullshit,” said Rep. Filemon Vela (D-Texas). “If what we’re going to do is address DACA, we ought to do that on its own and we ought to address border security on its own.”

Pelosi sought to assuage her caucus’ concerns Thursday morning, telling House Democratic whips that despite “some misunderstandings in the press about a deal, we made a deal to make a deal. We made a deal to go forward.”

“So let us embrace our success instead of tinkling all over it, as we have a tendency to do all over ourselves,” Pelosi added, according to a source in the room. “Because this — I’m just being very honest with you, OK? Because we don’t have the majority.”...

I love it. The left manufactured this fake news about Trump agreeing to save DACA (Trump came out and confirmed that's a lie and that DACA won't be saved without a substantial increase in border security) to try to rile up Trump's base against him. Instead, it's the far left pinkos who are outraged at the DNC establishment yet again. Say hello to 2 terms of Trump! :)

Forum List

Back