Fannie Mae another bail out ????

You are making a valid point

So you settle on lying about what happened?

I asked a direct question and for whatever reason you answered it with a wrong answer.

I am not backpeddling on anything.

Now will you answer How F and F profited off the lack of regulations?

I did already.what is the post number of the post?

But I notice this is becomeing a lesson to you.

But you are not interested in learning.

SO why am I wasting my time?

Alas...I am at fault. I should never have even tried.

I have yet to see your answer and if I missed the post please direct me to it?

I asked a direct question and for whatever reason you answered it with a wrong answer.

Here since you passed this reply I made

you would have an argument if I had just posted a bunch and left it at that. But I didn't, did I?now be honest you are talking about something freddie or fannie did not do, and I am talking about what they did do. You were actually being a litt deceptive in your question weren't you?

blaming me for your bad answer is just so very dishonest.

My question was crystal clear.

YOU are responsible for your answer to the question not me.

You can not accept that you made a mistake.

In your utter flailing to NOT accept your mistake you are trying to blame me.

Grow up and act like a decent person and accept YOUR mistake.

This is why people on the right often get the facts wrong, you are incapable of manning up when you are wrong.

Bad info in bad decision out

and playing the victim card when I am not blaming you for anything will not work with me. What do you think I was talking about about when I posted that link and said what I did? You knew freddie and fannie did not write loans nor did I post anything saying they did. Stop trying to be deceptive to avoid answering the question. Stop saying I am acting childish (grow up) and insinuating that I am not treating you decently. I made a statement and posted what I was talking about you were talking about something they did not do. You were being deceptive in your question.

I did already.

But I notice this is becomeing a lesson to you.

But you are not interested in learning.

SO why am I wasting my time?

Alas...I am at fault. I should never have even tried.

LOl Your right. Give it up.

In TDM's feeble brain everything is the fault of Bush and the GOP. Her Golden Dems are just that. Golden. They are responsible for nothing that fails. Its Bush and the nasty GOP. Period.

Nothing anyone says will ever sway her on that so save your breath JH and Big Reb. Just laugh at her like I do.

So Fannie and Freddie capitalized on the fact that there were no proper regulations

Now tell us how F and F did that?

they endorsed loans (for lack of a better term) without reviewing them properly...knowing dam well that the way things were set up, the liklihood of bad loans existed.

They did not invest the time and the money into the personnel required to properly endorse the loans.

That is the result of a failed business model.

Example.....(true story whether you wnat to believe it or not)....

A man purchased a home for 900K in Brooklyn NY. It was a 100% paper deal.....all based on his attestyed to income.
Prior to closing it was discovered that the man did not have the cash to cover certain cloising costs.....ie: attorney fee, recodrding cost, title insurance.
He applied to the federal government for a grant and it was approved.
Such was written into the documentation....and is found on the HUD
FM dconsidered it a viable loan to be endorsed and purchased.
If it had been properly reviewed, it would have been denied.
The property DID go into foreclosuure within 1 year of closing.

I should add...the owner of the property made a total of 3 mortgage payments.

Please see above.

And a suggestion...if you ask a question, look for the answer before you claim an answer wasnt given. You may find you make more friends that way.

BTW...TM...

FM and FM did NOT profit on the lack of regulations and I never said they did.

I said they CAPITALIZED on the lack of regulations....but sadly for them, it wound up being a major mistake and resulted in massive losses.

However, the goal was to make loads of money....the more they buy and sell, the more they make was the theory. The less time they spend analyzing each loan, the less amount of money required to make money.

The business model failed.

Theyu deserve to go under and I can likely come up with a dozen firms within a 10 mile radius of my office that would gladly pick up the slack. Mutilply that by the thousands of other "10 mile radius' " in the country and there will be plenty to pick up the slack.

Did Fannie and Freddie Cause Mortgage Crisis - Fannie Mae Freddie Mac and Government Bailout Bill

They held fewer of the toxic loans than the other lenders.

If you wont believe me maybe you will read this article and learn something.

deflection.

Never said they caused anything.

The mortgage crisis was created by people wanting homes they couldnt afford...the government pushing banks to accomomodate, the banks allowing their desire to make money (greed) get in the way of their better judgement, people lying oin their mortageg applications, brokers telling them "dont worry, you can refi when the teaser rate expires, etc, etc, etc....

This was a debate about the financial failure of FM and FM and the failed business model and why the taxpayer should not baill them out...again.

or did you forget what we were debating?

Last edited:
Information is not deflection

It gives the numbers quite clearly on how much of the toxic mess Fand F held and how they aguired it.

You need to stop being a partisan hack and absorb the cold hard facts.

She is back pedaling.

She hates it when she is found to be naive on a subject she debates with such passion.

Give it up....she will spin you until you sign off. Not worth it.

Look at my sig... you'll understand the nature of the beast better.

Once you put in the proper regulations this shit will NOT happen again.

Your party fought the left to get this shit passed.

Your party claimed it would bring great things to America.

It crashed the world economy.

That is one big fucking mistake to overlook

Lets just say you are correct......

So Fannie and Freddie capitalized on the fact that there were no proper regulations...and they failed......and now you are saying "lets put in regulations so they cant capitalize on them and they wont fail?"

Is that fair to those that did NOT capitalize on the lack of regulations and did things properly becuase they deemed it appropriate?

Do you not realize that it is the business model that failed? The ethics of the people in charge that failed?

How many bad mortgages did freddy and fanny write?

In red you claim F and F did something untoward because of a lack of regulations.

You have yet to outline what they did as you claim.

Not an example but a direct explaination of what they did.

Information is not deflection

It gives the numbers quite clearly on how much of the toxic mess Fand F held and how they aguired it.

You need to stop being a partisan hack and absorb the cold hard facts.

you need to learn to stay on topic.

This was a debate about whether or not FM and FM should be bailed out.
I never ONCE mentioned that I saw them as the ones who caused the meltdown....and yuou offering those cold hard fact have absolutely nothing to do with the debate...NOTHING.

To the contrary, I know the industry quite well. FM and FM were willing partiucipants...but not the cause.

Now...you asked me a question, I answered...and your response are cold hard facts about somethiung that has nothing to do with the debate.

So that is nothing more than a deflection.

Now, that being said....lesson over.

Time for your nap.

Cyas <S>

Lets just say you are correct......

So Fannie and Freddie capitalized on the fact that there were no proper regulations...and they failed......and now you are saying "lets put in regulations so they cant capitalize on them and they wont fail?"

Is that fair to those that did NOT capitalize on the lack of regulations and did things properly becuase they deemed it appropriate?

Do you not realize that it is the business model that failed? The ethics of the people in charge that failed?

How many bad mortgages did freddy and fanny write?

In red you claim F and F did something untoward because of a lack of regulations.

You have yet to outline what they did as you claim.

Not an example but a direct explaination of what they did.

Yes I did. And then I posted it a second time. I first cited WHAT they did and then the next paragraph gave you an example.

Why must you lie in a debate?

In what post do you have claimed to answer me?

Give the post number

Post 119.

First I explained exacrtly what they did and whjy it was a failed business model.

And then I offered you an example.

Then you denied I answered so I posted it again.....the exact post.

Then you claimed I did not explain what they did and only gave you an example....

You are really getting on my nerves TM.

So Fannie and Freddie capitalized on the fact that there were no proper regulations

Now tell us how F and F did that?

they endorsed loans (for lack of a better term) without reviewing them properly...knowing dam well that the way things were set up, the liklihood of bad loans existed.

They did not invest the time and the money into the personnel required to properly endorse the loans.

That is the result of a failed business model.

Example.....(true story whether you wnat to believe it or not)....

A man purchased a home for 900K in Brooklyn NY. It was a 100% paper deal.....all based on his attestyed to income.
Prior to closing it was discovered that the man did not have the cash to cover certain cloising costs.....ie: attorney fee, recodrding cost, title insurance.
He applied to the federal government for a grant and it was approved.
Such was written into the documentation....and is found on the HUD
FM dconsidered it a viable loan to be endorsed and purchased.
If it had been properly reviewed, it would have been denied.
The property DID go into foreclosuure within 1 year of closing.

Now tell us how responsible you think the peopel who actually wrote and resold these mortgages while LYING and labeling them AAA?

Do you care that F and F were lied to by the mortgage companies who sold them the mislabeled crap?

Jesus TM...

You freaking RESPONDED to my post a mere 5 posts later.

What are you in thre business of doing.....wasting other peoples time?

Did Fannie and Freddie Cause Mortgage Crisis - Fannie Mae Freddie Mac and Government Bailout Bill

Hummmm from your link
The government set them up this way to allow them to buy qualified mortgages, insure them and resell them to investors, thus freeing up funds for banks to make new mortgages.

Sounds like your sources is saying they failed. They are buying all those loans:clap2: good find there

Hummmm from your link
The government set them up this way to allow them to buy qualified mortgages, insure them and resell them to investors, thus freeing up funds for banks to make new mortgages.

Sounds like your sources is saying they failed. They are buying all those loans:clap2: good find there

what she doesnt understand is this...

FM and FM were not a "drop off" point for these loans. They are not depots for the lonas to come and go.
They were to be analyzed by internal auditors at FM and FM to determine whether or not their ratings were accurate and up to the standards of warranting being purchased.

FM and FM had a failed business model. They obviously either did not hire the best (to save money) or did not hire enough (to save money)....

But that is a failed business model.

Hummmm from your link

what she doesnt understand is this...

FM and FM were not a "drop off" point for these loans. They are not depots for the lonas to come and go.
They were to be analyzed by internal auditors at FM and FM to determine whether or not their ratings were accurate and up to the standards of warranting being purchased.

FM and FM had a failed business model. They obviously either did not hire the best (to save money) or did not hire enough (to save money)....

But that is a failed business model.

I agree it is a failed business model. I wouldn't want them working for me.

Forum List

Back