Famous thoughts by Howard Dean.

Discussion in 'Congress' started by Navy1960, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Navy1960

Navy1960 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    Democratic National Committee Chairman Howard Dean denied Republican charges that it would disastrous if his party took control of the White House and both Houses of Congress, saying Monday he's looking forward to the prospect.

"Republicans had a chance to rule. They failed miserably. I think it's time to give the other party a chance," Dean said during an interview on MSNBC.

Recently, Republicans warned there would be serious consequences for the country if Democrats held the Legislative and Executive branches of government after the Nov. 4 election.

Dean denied those charges, saying, "You cannot trust Republicans with your money. They will borrow and spend, borrow and spend, borrow and spend." Howard Dean Associated Press 10/2008

Will someone please inform Howard Dean what form of government we have just in case he has forgotten,

Rule;

government; reign; control
    the period of reigning of a particular ruler or government

Correct me if I am wrong here, but since when are we RULED over.

2. CA95380

CA95380 USMB Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +186
    I am voting for and support Obama .... but as far as Howard Dean being the
    Democratic National Committee Chairman .... that is something else entirely. :cuckoo:

The man is a loose cannon, if there ever has been one. :cuckoo:

[youtube]D5FzCeV0ZFc[/youtube]

3. Navy1960

Navy1960 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    CA, as an Obama voter, do you think that the democratic party cringes when members of their party like Howeard Dean go off on these little tangents like this? Can you imagine how this is being played across the country, I am listening to the morning local radio station and they already have a skit on this on the local radion " WE WILL RULE OVER YOU" made me laugh actually, but the point is can you imagine some poor retiree in Sun City hearing that?

4. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,439
    I can't stand Dean. FWIW.

But as far as "rule" is concerned, what do *you* think the repubs did for 6 of the 8 years they were in power? I'd have probably chosen different terminology, but I'm not sure the distinction is meaningful.

5. Navy1960

Navy1960 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    jillian I'm probably the wrong person to ask that question too. only because, IMO all of congress in the last 8 years could not manage their way out of a box. Honestly, I don't believe they did much of a job managing themselves much less ruling the country. What I do believe that Washington is run by K Street and it's been a free for all on all sides of the isle for a long time now at everyones expense. Need a bridge no problem here's a few billion,mismanage your company no problem heres 700 billion, need a comprehensive energy policy up yours people. So jillian what I think the republican party did in power was mismanage it along with the democrats that carried on that tradition in the last two years. It is why I advocate that the word change is a laughable one when you re-elect the same people year after year both democrat and republican.

6. doeton

doeton Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +65
    yes my god.

how dare dean mischaracterize that as 'rule'

:eusa_whistle:

7. jschuck12001

jschuck12001 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +48
    Change will happen with a Dem controlled Senate and House, it may not be the change you want but it most definitely wont be the same politics as usual. Look the Dems know its their ass if they control congress and the screw up. Dont think they will just pass bill after bill will no regard for the consequences. I think they will be very calculated and make sure they are making the right choices or it could set back Dems for the next 10+ years. We may actually be able to get something done in congress with a Congress controlled by one party.

8. RoadVirus

RoadVirus <insert pithy title here>

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +583
    Dean, responding to GOP criticism: What do the Republicans know, huh? They failed things, right?! YEAAAAAAARGH!!

*Dean continues to scream something inaudible as the Nutty Farm guys haul him away*

9. CA95380

CA95380 USMB Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +186
    Navy .... I am sure there are Obama supporters that cringe when they hear him .... just as I am sure there are honest Republicans that cringe when they see and hear some of the statements, mis-statements, and antics from their side of the fence. Take it or twist it into whatever you want.

10. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,866
    Dean did an excellent job in the 2006 election. We'll see how he does next week.