Family Values Redux

I love how libs accuse us of trying to run other people's lives, when they are, themselves, the most backwards and bigoted of them all.

Ravi having a cow because Sarah Palin has a mentally crippled, retarded kid and pregnant daughter and should stay home and keep them out of sight!
Where did I say that?

Darn, now I've got you using un-pc terms. :lol:

No, those aren't the terms I use. They sound pretty ugly, though, don't they?

And that's what this is about. Palin should keep her dysfunctional, crippled, retarded, pregnant children at home.

Gosh, you almost sound like a separatist...or one of those wacko FLDS you claim to despise so much.

Biden 1973 - single dad with two young sons - remained in the senate, even though he had to commute 100 miles each way everyday, and get home after dinner every night

Still, I don't hold that against Biden, just as I don't hold Palin's situation against her now.

but seriously, you Dems are pathetic

the economy's in the tank, one of the least popular presidents in history is sitting in the white house, the current nominee is admittedly clueless on financial matters, yet you're still bringing up bullshit issues

how would you hold it against Biden that he kept his job in the Senate and STILL put his family first by ACTUALLY commuting the 100 miles EACH WAY EVERY DAY in order to be home for dinner every night?

that statement makes ZERO sense Swing. If anything that proves that his kids weren't any worse off with him being in the Senate than they would've been if he worked at the local mill or any other regular 9-5 job to support them.

No, those aren't the terms I use. They sound pretty ugly, though, don't they?

And that's what this is about. Palin should keep her dysfunctional, crippled, retarded, pregnant children at home.

Gosh, you almost sound like a separatist...or one of those wacko FLDS you claim to despise so much.
umm...it's Palin that is dysfunctional. And McCain. Where did I say they should keep their families at home? I said they've put them aside to grub for power.

No shit.
Which is exactly what I've been saying. Tell me how Palin is a bad mother if for the first time in their lives, those kids will have their daddy at home year round, and they get to spend a few years on Capitol Hill.

This is just the most backwards shit I've seen. It's the definition of hypocriticial. Really. Can we pull up the threads where Ravi was slavering all over the place about the FLDS and the way they "stay home" with the kids, and raise the kids out of the public eye, and all that shit?

Please, can we please pull up some of the threads with Ravi ranting about how the children of women who get married young and stay home should be yanked from those homes and subjected to interrogation and humiliation because they are being "brainwashed" by their mothers to be submissive, and sexually molested by the men who marry them?

Sheesh. Make up your mind Ravi.

umm...it's Palin that is dysfunctional. And McCain. Where did I say they should keep their families at home? I said they've put them aside to grub for power.

McCain divorced his wife before you were born.
And who, exactly, has Palin "put aside"?

No shit.
Which is exactly what I've been saying. Tell me how Palin is a bad mother if for the first time in their lives, those kids will have their daddy at home year round, and they get to spend a few years on Capitol Hill.

This is just the most backwards shit I've seen. It's the definition of hypocriticial. Really. Can we pull up the threads where Ravi was slavering all over the place about the FLDS and the way they "stay home" with the kids, and raise the kids out of the public eye, and all that shit?

Please, can we please pull up some of the threads with Ravi ranting about how the children of women who get married young and stay home should be yanked from those homes and subjected to interrogation and humiliation because they are being "brainwashed" by their mothers to be submissive, and sexually molested by the men who marry them?

Sheesh. Make up your mind Ravi.
:lol: Holy shit, you're almost as dense as Fraz.

the families of the candidates are not a relevent issue. The fact that McCain has seen better days and Palin is so right she makes Bush seem like he is in the center are the issues.

What can be said of the current state of the GOP?
That the inmates are now running the asylum and next they aim to run the country.

so are politicians supposed to not bear children...?

the kids are in school and afterschool activities, just like so many other american kids..a lot of people feel like they can relate to sarah palin in that regard. i don't think you're doing women and families any favors by judging her and her family in this way.

and btw, everyone who runs for political office is seeking a power position, which is not necessarily a bad thing, if being in that position empowers you to do meaningful things.

She hates Palin because #1, she's a woman, #2, she's reaching further than she ought, and #3, she didn't hustle her unmarried daughter to the abortion clinic and/or abort her own Down's baby.

She's mad that she's a mother who doesn't support abortion, and is unapologetic about her own family. That makes Ravi fighting mad. She expects the mothers of teenaged pregnant girls to climb on the abortion bus. She expects that those who have "crippled retarded" children should push for killing them.

That's what it's about. The rest is just window dressing.

She hates Palin because #1, she's a woman, #2, she's reaching further than she ought, and #3, she didn't hustle her unmarried daughter to the abortion clinic and/or abort her own Down's baby.

She's mad that she's a mother who doesn't support abortion, and is unapologetic about her own family. That makes Ravi fighting mad. She expects the mothers of teenaged pregnant girls to climb on the abortion bus. She expects that those who have "crippled retarded" children should push for killing them.

:lol: ya think?

i think she just doesn't want the republicans to get another 4 years.

still, the importance of protecting our individual rights should not be diminished and i'm hoping sarah palin will be able to explain more about where she stands on certain issues that people are legitimately concerned with.

so are politicians supposed to not bear children...?

the kids are in school and afterschool activities, just like so many other american kids..a lot of people feel like they can relate to sarah palin in that regard. i don't think you're doing women and families any favors by judging her and her family in this way.

and btw, everyone who runs for political office is seeking a power position, which is not necessarily a bad thing, if being in that position empowers you to do meaningful things.
I'm not judging her family. I'm judging her. And McCain.

You can be a parent and juggle work, kids, school, after-school programs...whatever. But if your kids are abandoned (McCain) or acting out (Palin) you are doing something wrong.

But hey, I actually care about living, breathing kids and not potential kids.

huh, more lies from the idiot.

You can be a parent and juggle work, kids, school, after-school programs...whatever. But if your kids are abandoned (McCain) or acting out (Palin) you are doing something wrong.

so you're not saying that sarah palin's children are "abandoned" by her political career..? good, cuz i really wonder what makes her much different from any other mother with a career...

you say you're not judging, but then you say the situation is "wrong"? with that, at the very least, i think you are judging her husband and her pregnant daughter as well...and the rest of the family's ability to handle their lives in a healthy and functional manner...i mean, who's to say? it's not like their mom is going off to mars for 4 years or something.

Sorry--Dear Ravi but some kids just act out.

so you're not saying that sarah palin's children are "abandoned" by her political career..? good, cuz i really wonder what makes her much different from any other mother with a career...

you say you're not judging, but then you say the situation is "wrong"? with that, at the very least, i think you are judging her husband and her pregnant daughter as well...and the rest of the family's ability to handle their lives in a healthy and functional manner...i mean, who's to say? it's not like their mom is going off to mars for 4 years or something.
Sigh, I actually said I am judging her...And I'm saying her children are being abandoned, or ignored, or set aside, to further her political career. And so were McCain's "first" children and wife.

Who's to say? Honestly, if my 17 year old daughter showed up pregnant it would give me pause. Confident girls don't get pregnant as a rule. But, being a liberal, how would I know that?

Forum List

Back