Family Told Obama NOT To Wear Soldier Son's Bracelet... Where is Media?

Like McProfane did when he started the whole bracelet thing on the debate?

McProfane eh?

I prefer McJoker, that way I can ask him: Why so desperate? :badgrin:

$489px-Mcjoker.jpg

Soldier's Mother "Ecstatic" about Obama's Bracelet

MILWAUKEE (AP) -- The mother of a Wisconsin soldier who died in Iraq says she was "ecstatic" during Friday's debate when Senator Barack Obama mentioned the bracelet she gave him in honor of her son.

Tracy Jopek of Merrill told The Associated Press on Sunday she was honored that he remembered Sgt. Ryan David Jopek, who was killed in 2006 by a roadside bomb.

She criticized Internet reports that suggested Obama exploited her son for political purposes.

She acknowledges e-mailing the campaign in February asking that Obama not mention her son in speeches or debates.

But she says Obama's mention on Friday was appropriate because he was responding after Senator John McCain said a soldier's mother gave him a bracelet.

Jopek says Obama's comment rightfully suggested there's more than one viewpoint on the war.

You people are so fucking pathetic.

They really are....

you must be double jointed to contort this that much. the lady asked him not to wear it; he continues to wear it. end of story.

bs. That is not the end of the story. You may live in your fantasy world of sound bites, but the rest of us like depth and reasoning. When taking those into consideration, I see Obama wearing the bracelet as a big "fuck you" to the bullying parasites who made the soldier's mother feel bad about giving it to Obama.
Just when you thought conservatives could go no lower...

What's pathetic is that people are making a big deal out of some fucking bracelets.

isn't it you cons that were making a big deal when you thought you could use this issue against Obama? if the mother hadn't made a statement you'd still have your dick in a twist over Obama's perceived "cruelty" at wearing the bracelet.

It seems that perhaps her ex in that interview might have misspoke when he said she asked him to not wear it, but instead had asked him to not mention it in speechs and rally's which he honored.

Seems she's pretty happy that her son's story got out there to 52 million people.... there are two sides to this war...

isn't it you cons that were making a big deal when you thought you could use this issue against Obama? if the mother hadn't made a statement you'd still have your dick in a twist over Obama's perceived "cruelty" at wearing the bracelet.

It seems that perhaps her ex in that interview might have misspoke when he said she asked him to not wear it, but instead had asked him to not mention it in speechs and rally's which he honored.

Seems she's pretty happy that her son's story got out there to 52 million people.... there are two sides to this war...

And to the Republicans there's two sides:

Their side which they consider the right, flag protecting children saving side.

And then the Liberal side who are flag burning, children murdering, baby soul eaters.

Personally, I agree with you Silence that if it wasn't for that article being brought in that those same right wingers would still be bitching about this issue while foaming from the mouth with weapons wanting Obama's head on a platter.

bs. That is not the end of the story. You may live in your fantasy world of sound bites, but the rest of us like depth and reasoning. When taking those into consideration, I see Obama wearing the bracelet as a big "fuck you" to the bullying parasites who made the soldier's mother feel bad about giving it to Obama.
Just when you thought conservatives could go no lower...

well, huzzah for you. it's good to know that adolescent passive aggressive behavior ("I see Obama wearing the bracelet as a big "fuck you") is something you find admirable and desirable in a leader. maybe during the next debate, Obama will scratch his chin with his middle finger; boy that'll show 'em, huh?

no matter why the woman asked him not to wear it, wearing it is more of a big "fuck you" to her, IMO. Anyone who would presume to bully the grieving mother of a dead soldier for any reason is beneath contempt.

Just when you thought inbred, antipodal islanders could go no lower.....

well, huzzah for you. it's good to know that adolescent passive aggressive behavior ("I see Obama wearing the bracelet as a big "fuck you") is something you find admirable and desirable in a leader. maybe during the next debate, Obama will scratch his chin with his middle finger; boy that'll show 'em, huh?

no matter why the woman asked him not to wear it, wearing it is more of a big "fuck you" to her, IMO. Anyone who would presume to bully the grieving mother of a dead soldier for any reason is beneath contempt.

Just when you thought inbred, antipodal islanders could go no lower.....

how is he being low, Del? I thought McCain talking about the bracelet was obnoxious. I thought it silly when Obama responded. But when the hacks start trying to use that to their political benefit by LYING and MISREPRESENTING what occurred by not telling the entire story, seems to me THAT is what's low.

And given the nature of the threads posted by the person who did the OP here, I'd say that misrepresentation is disingenuous and intentional.... I think THAT type of political "debate" is disgusting, to tell the truth... Don't like it when it's done about McCain either.

how is he being low, Del? I thought McCain talking about the bracelet was obnoxious. I thought it silly when Obama responded. But when the hacks start trying to use that to their political benefit by LYING and MISREPRESENTING what occurred by not telling the entire story, seems to me THAT is what's low.

And given the nature of the threads posted by the person who did the OP here, I'd say that misrepresentation is disingenuous and intentional.... I think THAT type of political "debate" is disgusting, to tell the truth... Don't like it when it's done about McCain either.

well i thought just the opposite: that mccain was silly to bring it up and obama's "me too" was obnoxious.

when i made my comment, i didn't know that this woman was being harrassed over her son's bracelet, which as i've stated, i find reprehensible. you may have noticed i haven't commented about it since then, or at least since i was apprised of that fact.

i know nothing about the poster of the OP, so i took what was presented there at face value; shame on me i guess.

and finally, i don't really think what's his name is low, i was just responding in kind and taking advantage of an opportunity to work "antipodal" into a sentence. opportunities like that just don't come along that often, and i can't pass up a chance to be sesquipedalian. that's just how i roll.

:lol:

Last edited:
well i thought just the opposite: that mccain was silly to bring it up and obama's "me too" was obnoxious.

when i made my comment, i didn't know that this woman was being harrassed over her son's bracelet, which as i've stated, i find reprehensible. you may have noticed i haven't commented about it since then, or at least since i was apprised of that fact.

i know nothing about the poster of the OP, so i took what was presented there at face value; shame on me i guess.

and finally, i don't really think what's his name is low, i was just responding in kind and taking advantage of an opportunity to work "antipodal" into a sentence. opportunities like that just don't come along that often, and i can't pass up a chance to be sesqupedalian. that's just how i roll.

:lol:

Fair enough about the woman being harassed. And I hadn't realized that you stopped commenting on it.

I guess I just make a point about taking these things from whence they come and there are certain people who can be counted on to repeatedly post the most scurrilous and pointless stuff... on the extremes of both sides of the aisle. (though to be fair, it's my own personal belief that it comes more from the McCain camp, particularly given where they are in the polls... but that might be my own sensitivities).

lol ... antipodean is one of my favorite words. ;)

Fair enough about the woman being harassed. And I hadn't realized that you stopped commenting on it.

I guess I just make a point about taking these things from whence they come and there are certain people who can be counted on to repeatedly post the most scurrilous and pointless stuff... on the extremes of both sides of the aisle. (though to be fair, it's my own personal belief that it comes more from the McCain camp, particularly given where they are in the polls... but that might be my own sensitivities).

lol ... antipodean is one of my favorite words. ;)

i try to take it from where it comes as well, and you may be right about the volume of stuff coming out of both camps, though i might shade it more to the dems for the same reason you shade it towards mccain. damn human nature. lol

i guess it's a corrollary to Godwin's law; for every kirk there is an equal and opposite reaction. then we all bitch that no one's discussing the issues.

go figure.

According to Newsbusters:

Barack Obama played the "me too" game during the Friday debates on September 26 after Senator John McCain mentioned that he was wearing a bracelet with the name of Cpl. Matthew Stanley, a resident of New Hampshire and a soldier that lost his life in Iraq in 2006. Obama said that he too had a bracelet. After fumbling and straining to remember the name, he revealed that his had the name of Sergeant Ryan David Jopek of Merrill, Wisconsin.

Shockingly, however, Madison resident Brian Jopek, the father of Ryan Jopek, the young soldier who tragically lost his life to a roadside bomb in 2006, recently said on a Wisconsin Public Radio show that his family had asked Barack Obama to stop wearing the bracelet with his son's name on it. Yet Obama continues to do so despite the wishes of the family.

Full story here

WOW what a scumbag. When Obama's "me too" moment came during the debate I knew that he was full of shit, the way he stammered through it and had to read the name off the bracelet. What a fucking asshole! :mad:

WOW what a scumbag. When Obama's "me too" moment came during the debate I knew that he was full of shit, the way he stammered through it and had to read the name off the bracelet. What a fucking asshole! :mad:

poor glock...already late to the party...

:eusa_shifty:

The mother already said she only asked him to not MENTION the bracelet in speechs and rallys but that she was ecstatic that he mentioned it during the debate... yeah, what a scum Obama is for giving her son a voice and face in this election... :eusa_silenced:

McCain has used this bracelet as a fucking political prop for his political campaign. He is just like Bush on this with his staged picturs of troops and firefighters.

Sorry, but when he does this, he gives the opposition the right to come right back and say what Obama did.

This is crap the right has done since we invaded Iraq. They love our troops, They are the true patriots, etc, etc., but like McCain won't pass the bills that fund the vets.

Fuck McCain and his use of our troops. If you don't want the troops to be used as political props, tell Bush and McCain to stop.

poor glock...already late to the party...

:eusa_shifty:

The mother already said she only asked him to not MENTION the bracelet in speechs and rallys but that she was ecstatic that he mentioned it during the debate... yeah, what a scum Obama is for giving her son a voice and face in this election... :eusa_silenced:
He was asked not to mention it- he violated that, and he didn't even remember the soldier's name. All you have is the Mom, an Obama supporter, now covering for him. It's completely shameless and disgraceful.

Dated September 28: Glock

Originally Posted by Shogun

MILWAUKEE (AP) -- The mother of a Wisconsin soldier who died in Iraq says she was "ecstatic" during Friday's debate when Senator Barack Obama mentioned the bracelet she gave him in honor of her son.

Tracy Jopek of Merrill told The Associated Press on Sunday she was honored that he remembered Sgt. Ryan David Jopek, who was killed in 2006 by a roadside bomb.

She criticized Internet reports that suggested Obama exploited her son for political purposes.

She acknowledges e-mailing the campaign in February asking that Obama not mention her son in speeches or debates.

But she says Obama's mention on Friday was appropriate because he was responding after Senator John McCain said a soldier's mother gave him a bracelet.

Jopek says Obama's comment rightfully suggested there's more than one viewpoint on the war.

Dated September 28: Glock

Jopek gave Obama the bracelet at a Green Bay rally in February. …

A few days after offering it to the Illinois Democrat, Jopek, of Merrill in north-central Wisconsin, had a change of heart. She realized it could be interpreted as a protest against the war, a statement that made her uncomfortable because other military families who suffered losses still supported the conflict.

"I am a mother, a mother who lost her son. It's hard to know what's right, what's wrong about this war. Very hard," she said. "And I know there are a lot of families who lost loved ones."

So she e-mailed the Obama campaign through its Web site asking that he not mention it during debates or speeches.

She never got a reply but said she didn't hear of him mentioning it after that — until Friday, when Obama and Republican Sen. John McCain appeared in their first debate…

National Guard Staff Sgt. Brian Jopek said his ex-wife asked Obama not to wear the bracelet at any further public appearances. But Obama was still apparently wearing it, he said.

"So, that's his own choice. I mean that's something Barack Obama, that's a choice that he continues to wear it despite Tracy asking him not to," ….
http://www.startribune.com/29863889.html?page=2&c=y
She's obviously a screwed up woman, typical Democrat. And to cover up for Obama. It's pitiful, shameless.

well that's why I'd want to hear the interview quite honestly. McCain and his surrogates have lied so many times that I don't believe it when they say water is wet until I touch it myself.

IF in fact they asked Obama to stop wearing the bracelet and he continued to do so, hell yes that's tacky. It's even more tacky that he'd bring it up in the debate....

I need to hear the father of this soldier say it before I believe it...

What is something McCain has lied about?

Forum List

Back