Family Told Obama NOT To Wear Soldier Son's Bracelet... Where is Media?

you must be double jointed to contort this that much. the lady asked him not to wear it; he continues to wear it. end of story.

And she was (is?) an Obama supporter yet he still went against her wishes and the wishes of the father. However if the mother comes out and says Obama contacted her prior to the debate and she gave him permission to use the bracelet then Obama did no wrong.

you must be double jointed to contort this that much. the lady asked him not to wear it; he continues to wear it. end of story.

She most certainly didn't forget that. She's just circling around it as a non-issue when that's actually what it's about.

Red Bull gives you wings, after all.

And she was (is?) an Obama supporter yet he still went against her wishes and the wishes of the father. However if the mother comes out and says Obama contacted her prior to the debate and she gave him permission to use the bracelet then Obama did no wrong.

No wrong, other than a "Oooh, me, too!" attitude, and an inability to remember the significance of it, much less the name of the individual stamped to his wrist.

agreed. I thought the whole"hey, i've got one, too" was pretty pathetic.
when I was a kid, we went door to door one Christmas selling Viet Nam POW/MIA bracelets to raise money for their families. None of us favored the war, it just seemed like a good thing to do.
I still have mine someplace, but I've forgotten the name; I know he didn't make it back, though.

Let's not get all righteous about political attacks. You put yourself out there, you will be attacked. Isn't that what your side claims when defending the smears against Palin and her family? The blame lies with Obama, he continued to wear the bracelet after the family requested that he take it off. If he had any class he would have removed the bracelet and would never have spoken of it again. But he did not.

McCain understands the sacrifice and Obama does not. To the casual observer that is glaringly obvious.

who the hell is even talking about Palin's family anymore, except you righties who want to keep bitching and moaning.

I don't disagree that Obama should've removed the bracelet, nor do I disagree that he showed poor taste and even poorer judgement in bringing it up as a rebuttal to McCain's bracelet comment... BUT that doesn't negate the fact that the ONLY reason it seems he was asked to remove the bracelet in the first place was because the mother of this fallen soldier was being smeared with claims of exploiting her son's tragic death. That's disgusting.

I guess ya'll think this is a bigger deal than it really is. Clearly NO ONE but the right, who don't have a leg to stand on, want to make this an issue. Our economy is in the crapper, we're fighting two wars and spending BILLIONS of dollars and aren't any closer to finding Bin Laden than we were 8 years ago and you think ANYONE really cares about whether or not Barack took off a bracelet?

:clap2: congrats.... you win the award for most out of touch with reality post of the day... your prize is in the mail...it's a steaming hot cup of shut the fuck up

who the hell is even talking about Palin's family anymore, except you righties who want to keep bitching and moaning.

I don't disagree that Obama should've removed the bracelet, nor do I disagree that he showed poor taste and even poorer judgement in bringing it up as a rebuttal to McCain's bracelet comment... BUT that doesn't negate the fact that the ONLY reason it seems he was asked to remove the bracelet in the first place was because the mother of this fallen soldier was being smeared with claims of exploiting her son's tragic death. That's disgusting.

I guess ya'll think this is a bigger deal than it really is. Clearly NO ONE but the right, who don't have a leg to stand on, want to make this an issue. Our economy is in the crapper, we're fighting two wars and spending BILLIONS of dollars and aren't any closer to finding Bin Laden than we were 8 years ago and you think ANYONE really cares about whether or not Barack took off a bracelet?

:clap2: congrats.... you win the award for most out of touch with reality post of the day... your prize is in the mail...it's a steaming hot cup of shut the fuck up

The only fact is that he was asked to remove the bracelet, and he did not. Anything further is just you making poor excuses.

Your selective outrage is duly noted.

The only fact is that he was asked to remove the bracelet, and he did not. Anything further is just you making poor excuses.

I'm sorry you're too stupid to read shattered.

Obama should've removed the bracelet. Obama shouldn't have brought the bracelet up.

The mother should not have been attacked and made to feel like it was necessary to ask Obama to remove the bracelet.

that's not an excuse, that's a FACT.

and regardless this is just another diversionary bullshit topic to keep you all from discussing the real issue... that McCain SUCKS!

I'm sorry you're too stupid to read shattered.

Obama should've removed the bracelet. Obama shouldn't have brought the bracelet up.

The mother should not have been attacked and made to feel like it was necessary to ask Obama to remove the bracelet.

that's not an excuse, that's a FACT.

and regardless this is just another diversionary bullshit topic to keep you all from discussing the real issue... that McCain SUCKS!

If HTML worked properly on this board, the non-bolded portion of your post would have lines drawn through the text.

And that's where it ends.

This from a Madison, WI newspaper in May:

Ryan Jopek, 20, died in 2006 in Iraq, where he was deployed with the Wisconsin National Guard. Tracy Jopek, who lives in Merrill, has been an Obama backer since the Illinois senator announced his candidacy for president last year. "I believe he will lead us in the right direction, he will tell us the truth and be upfront and honest with us," says Jopek.She continues to choke up when Obama mentions her Ryan on the campaign trail, as the presumptive Democratic nominee frequently does. "To know that he does know his name," Jopek says of the senator and her son. "It means a lot."

Hopefully the family will release a statement.

Full story here

If HTML worked properly on this board, the non-bolded portion of your post would have lines drawn through the text.

And that's where it ends.

thanks for the explanation of your idiocy shattered, it's most helpful :clap2:

do you see how that works? I acknowledge Obama was wrong... but I also bring up the point that as wrong as Obama is, and he IS wrong, the right attacking this mother and thereby causing her to request the removal of the bracelet in the first place is ALSO wrong.

cause and effect dipshit.... go look it up...

thanks for the explanation of your idiocy shattered, it's most helpful :clap2:

do you see how that works? I acknowledge Obama was wrong... but I also bring up the point that as wrong as Obama is, and he IS wrong, the right attacking this mother and thereby causing her to request the removal of the bracelet in the first place is ALSO wrong.

cause and effect dipshit.... go look it up...

Which STILL doesn't negate the fact that you're voting for a cruel, and low-class jackass, now does it?

ABC New:

It was meant as a sign of respect, but now conservatives are saying Sen. Barack Obama's invocation of his "hero bracelet" bearing the name of a fallen soldier is being done against the family's wishes.

Full Story here

Which STILL doesn't negate the fact that you're voting for a cruel, and low-class jackass, now does it?

:lol: cruel? now he's CRUEL? omg that's rich...

next you'll say he went and pissed on this soldier's grave... give it up already...

you ignore the fact that she didn't ask him to remove the bracelet because she's offended that he's wearing it... she asked him to remove it because she was being ATTACKED for asking him to wear it.... talk about CRUEL!

there is a big fucking difference there and if you weren't such a fucking hack you'd acknowledge that fact.

One incident of poor judgement wouldn't keep me from voting for Obama.... I would ask you if one incident of poor judgement would keep you from voting for McCain but he's displayed nothing but poor judgement and you're still figuratively lickin his nut sack so the question would been rhetorical in nature obviously.

:lol: cruel? now he's CRUEL? omg that's rich...

next you'll say he went and pissed on this soldier's grave... give it up already...

you ignore the fact that she didn't ask him to remove the bracelet because she's offended that he's wearing it... she asked him to remove it because she was being ATTACKED for asking him to wear it.... talk about CRUEL!

there is a big fucking difference there and if you weren't such a fucking hack you'd acknowledge that fact.

One incident of poor judgement wouldn't keep me from voting for Obama.... I would ask you if one incident of poor judgement would keep you from voting for McCain but he's displayed nothing but poor judgement and you're still figuratively lickin his nut sack so the question would been rhetorical in nature obviously.

*yawn* You're right. Asked to remove it. He didn't. Everything else irrelevant.

After Tracy Jopek gave Sen. Barack Obama a bracelet in honor of her son who was killed in Iraq, she asked Obama not to mention the bracelet on the campaign trail.

But Jopek told The Associated Press on Sunday that she's satisfied with how Obama discussed it during last week's presidential debate.

Full Story here

Forum List

Back