Family Guy

Hobbit said:
Dude, Norm McDonald as Death. Best...Episode...EVER!!!

familyguy.jpg

lmao :)

Indeed - I watch the show every night on Adult Swim.

While it was first on - years ago, I 'never' watched...I just didn't 'get it'.
:)

I still watch it, but for me, it's probably the least consistent show on Adult Swim. For every good joke there's 10 absolute stinkers.

But, I don't have a favorite episode. My favorite character is the greased-up deaf guy. :D

For the record, I think right now Harvey Birdman and Tom Goes to the Mayor are the best things on Adult Swim.

Dan said:
For the record, I think right now Harvey Birdman and Tom Goes to the Mayor are the best things on Adult Swim.

Hmmm.

Harvey Birdman is spotty for me. Some episodes are alright. But I'm not sure there's every been a great episode. Though to this day I still say "not there! there! not there! there!" all the time. (bonus question: do you remember who said that to who and why?)

I don't think I much like Tom Goes at all, though I admit I haven't given it as many chances as Harvey.

As for Family Guy, it's a damn funny show. I don't know about a favorite episode, but one of my favorite moments was when Peter rigged the whole house to lift up the roof and make it look like the house was talking.

I like the episodes when they have little side things like, "This is almost as bad as that time I forgot how to sit down..."

Then it flashes-back to him launching himself face-first into a chair...

:lol:

I fall asleep right after Futurama.

Well, it's understandable. When you don't have to get up until 9:00 for a 50 minute class, it's easier to stay up than if you have to work all day, then come home to a wife and kids, etc.

Birdman and Tom are only on Sunday, unless you have On Demand. Birdman's on at 11:45, Tom is on at 1:30.

Harvey Birdman is spotty for me. Some episodes are alright. But I'm not sure there's every been a great episode.

The first season was better than the one that's on now. The one where Shaggy and Scooby-Doo got arrested for possession of pot was amazing, as was the one where Fred Flintstone was a mafia don.

Though to this day I still say "not there! there! not there! there!" all the time. (bonus question: do you remember who said that to who and why?)

My friends and I say that a lot, too! I know Phil Ken Sebben says it, but I can't remember who he says it to or why.

I don't think I much like Tom Goes at all, though I admit I haven't given it as many chances as Harvey.

Tom Goes is weird. I know way more people that hate it than like it. The animation style threw me off for the first couple episodes, but you get used to it. I guess the whole thing is really deadpan, in a way. It's lame, but it's supposed to be lame. I also like really quiet, awkward comedy (see also, The Office and Curb Your Enthusiasm).

Any Stella fans here? The show was amazing, but their online shorts were a little better, I think, too bad only about half of them are still online.

Dan said:
My friends and I say that a lot, too! I know Phil Ken Sebben says it, but I can't remember who he says it to or why.
If that's Harvey's boss' name, than you are correct!

He says it to Harvey after calling him into his office and telling him to have a seat.

When Harvey sits down in the chair, he says that.

Because of his eyepatch he can't tell where Birdman is (or maybe he's messing with him....).

In the end Birdman is sitting on the endtable, right next to the chair.

-=d=- said:
Fans here?

favourite episode?

My favorite so far would be the one on Sunday night featuring James Woods, the other favorite is the episode in which they took pills which turned out to be vomit inducing pills, and they all start heaving on each other, gross but struck me funny. :puke3: Or the one in which Peter and Lois break into Mel Gibson's pent house and steal "The Passion part two.......That was hysterical

Actually It's hard to pick a favorite it's one of the few shows that I laugh out loud watching.

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
LOL. Bonnie, that was a good episode. Whoever hurls last gets the piece of pie. That was also the episode where they sold Meg to the AV guy to pay their tab at the Pharmacy.

no1tovote4 said:
LOL. Bonnie, that was a good episode. Whoever hurls last gets the piece of pie. That was also the episode where they sold Meg to the AV guy to pay their tab at the Pharmacy.

That's right it was :laugh: 30 thousand dollars

One of my favorite episodes is the one that they were on SNL, Meg loses her virginity in a skit with Jimmy Fallon. Then her father goes and kicks his ass, "This is for thinking you were funny all that time!.... Now where is that guy that Deflowered my daughter!"

I LOVE family guy.

my favorite episode is when they fly somewhere(don't remember the whole thing), but Stewie is in his seat, and some guy comes and sits in the row in front of Stewie and says "Oh great! I always get seated near a baby!"

Stewie goes off, and says the best line of the season "For the next 5 hours, you're my bitch!"

I don't know what season it is on, or even what happened in the whole episode, but I watch the reruns every chance i get, just to see if it is that particular one. if someone can help me on this, i'd be grateful.

Forum List

Back