Family Dog Saves Toddlers Life

random3434

Jun 29, 2008
]When 22-month-old Tyler Jacobson wandered off into the dark woods surrounding his South Carolina home, he was wearing only his T-shirt and a diaper.

Rescuers using a bloodhound tracking team and an infrared-equipped search helicopter scoured the woods for the missing boy, but high winds and deep darkness forced them to call off their search until daylight Saturday.

When 22-month-old Tyler Jacobson wandered off into the dark woods surrounding his South Carolina home, he was wearing only his T-shirt and a diaper.Thankfully, the toddler had someone looking after him. One of his family's dogs had apparently tagged along and stayed at his side through the night, keeping the boy warm and safe as temperatures dropped into the 40s.

After wandering away from home, 22-month-old Tyler Jacobson made it through a cold night in the dark South Carolina woods thanks to his family dog, the local sheriff said.
Thankfully, the toddler had someone looking after him. One of his family's dogs apparently had tagged along and stayed at his side through the night, keeping the boy warm and safe as temperatures dropped into the 40s.

"I believe that dog being with him is what kept him alive," Kershaw County Sheriff Jim Matthews told AOL News in a telephone interview today.

I love to hear stories like this!

Family Dog Credited With Keeping Missing Boy Tyler Jacobson Alive

Dogs are one of the greatest gifts God has given us. In my humble opinion.

My Parson Russell Terrorist harrasses the kids when they're taking a bath. She won't leave them alone; I have to lock her out and even then she jumps against the door until it unlatches.

She doesn't particularly like water; it makes her nervous. She wants to be in the tub with the kids, tho. When she gets in, she just stands there and drinks water nervously...I finally figured out she's afraid they're DROWNING. She doesn't do this when I'm in the tub.

Silly terrorist.

I hope, for the sake of discussion, that it turns out the dog is a pitbull. ;)

]When 22-month-old Tyler Jacobson wandered off into the dark woods surrounding his South Carolina home, he was wearing only his T-shirt and a diaper.

Rescuers using a bloodhound tracking team and an infrared-equipped search helicopter scoured the woods for the missing boy, but high winds and deep darkness forced them to call off their search until daylight Saturday.

When 22-month-old Tyler Jacobson wandered off into the dark woods surrounding his South Carolina home, he was wearing only his T-shirt and a diaper.Thankfully, the toddler had someone looking after him. One of his family's dogs had apparently tagged along and stayed at his side through the night, keeping the boy warm and safe as temperatures dropped into the 40s.

After wandering away from home, 22-month-old Tyler Jacobson made it through a cold night in the dark South Carolina woods thanks to his family dog, the local sheriff said.
Thankfully, the toddler had someone looking after him. One of his family's dogs apparently had tagged along and stayed at his side through the night, keeping the boy warm and safe as temperatures dropped into the 40s.

"I believe that dog being with him is what kept him alive," Kershaw County Sheriff Jim Matthews told AOL News in a telephone interview today.

I love to hear stories like this!

Family Dog Credited With Keeping Missing Boy Tyler Jacobson Alive

The Mom needs to be spayed and the father should be given full custody.

My poochie has yet to save my life but she sure has made it more fun.

Forum List

Back