Family Court orders Dad not to take child to catholic church

IMO, teaching a child that she and/or her mother are damned to hell for not practicing Catholicism is harmful.

Jews make no such claims in reverse.

:thup:

So you admit to basing your position on opinions regarding the dogma differences between Catholicism and Judaism.

I don't believe I've ever seen you cop to your bias so willfully.

You're slipping.

Nope, you just asked me what harm there could be so I told you.

It'd be no different with any two religions. Until they are divorced their agreement to raise the girl is still in effect.

It'd be no different with any two religions. Until they are divorced their agreement to raise the girl is still in effect.

You have no evidence they agreed to anything. You just chose to believe the Mother. Once again, as soon as the couple split any mutual agreement they may have had becomes null and void. The Father has EVERY legal right to take his child to his religious services. Even to Baptize her in his Church. That is ESTABLISHED legal precedent.

Unless the mother can show actual harm to or potential harm to the child she has no right to interfere. The Judge had no LEGAL right to impose any restraint unless he believed the child might be harmed.

So I repeat, how does one harm a child by taking them to a Catholic Church for Sunday Service? Your bullshit claim that just attending is harm does not pass the legal definition of harm. If it did there would be no precedent establishing that separated and divorced parents can take their non custodial children to their own religious services.

Last edited:

You have no evidence they agreed to anything. You just chose to believe the Mother. Once again, as soon as the couple split any mutual agreement they may have had becomes null and void. The Father has EVERY legal right to take his child to his religious services. Even to Baptize her in his Church. That is ESTABLISHED legal precedent.

Unless the mother can show actual harm to or potential harm to the child she has no right to interfere. The Judge had no LEGAL right to impose any restraint unless he believed the child might be harmed.

So I repeat, how does one harm a child by taking them to a Catholic Church for Sunday Service? Your bullshit claim that just attending is harm does not pass the legal definition of harm. If it did there would be no precedent establishing that separated and divorced parents can take their non custodial children to their own religious services.
He couldn't have converted if he didn't agree to raise his children Jewish.

How many times must that be pointed out to you before it sinks in?

And unless he's converted back, he is still a Jew.

Or at least somewhere in limbo...but he is no Catholic.

IMO, teaching a child that she and/or her mother are damned to hell for not practicing Catholicism is harmful.

Catholicism doesn't either but don't let that stop your bullshit.

Catholicism doesn't say there is no salvation without accepting jesus?

Catholicism doesn't say that if there has been no christening a child is not going to be saved?

This Pope didn't rescind VaticanII which absolved Jews for the crucifixion of Christ? (not that we needed absolution, but it was nice not to have people so inflamed).

That's not true...those of the Jewish Faith that adhere to the Mosaic (and Old) Covenant will have the promises God made therein fulfilled.

Knowledge is power...you need to go back and review your theology.

Maybe not damned to hell, but certainly not accepted into heaven.

The fate of infants who die without baptism must be briefly considered here. The Catholic teaching is uncompromising on this point, that all who depart this life without baptism, be it of water, or blood, or desire, are perpetually excluded from the vision of God. This teaching is grounded, as we have seen, on Scripture and tradition, and the decrees of the Church. Moreover, that those who die in original sin, without ever having contracted any actual sin, are deprived of the happiness of heaven is stated explicitly in the Confession of Faith of the Eastern Emperor Michael Palæologus, which had been proposed to him by Pope Clement IV in 1267, and which he accepted in the presence of Gregory X at the Second Council of Lyons in 1274. The same doctrine is found also in the Decree of Union of the Greeks, in the Bull "Lætentur Caeli" of Pope Eugene IV, in the Profession of Faith prescribed for the Greeks by Pope Gregory XIII, and in that authorized for the Orientals by Urban VIII and Benedict XIV. Many Catholic theologians have declared that infants dying without baptism are excluded from the beatific vision; but as to the exact state of these souls in the next world they are not agreed.
CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Baptism

That's not true...those of the Jewish Faith that adhere to the Mosaic (and Old) Covenant will have the promises God made therein fulfilled.

That is also not true:

'However, this evangelizing task no longer includes the wish to absorb the Jewish faith into Christianity and so end the distinctive witness of Jews to God in human history.

Thus, while the Catholic Church regards the saving act of Christ as central to the process of human salvation for all, it also acknowledges that Jews already dwell in a saving covenant with God.

The Catholic Church must always evangelize and will always witness to its faith in the presence of God’s kingdom in Jesus Christ to Jews and to all other people. In so doing, the Catholic Church respects fully the principles of religious freedom and freedom of conscience, so that sincere individual converts from any tradition or people, including the Jewish people, will be welcomed and accepted.

However, it now recognizes that Jews are also called by God to prepare the world for God’s kingdom. Their witness to the kingdom, which did not originate with the Church’s experience of Christ crucified and raised, must not be curtailed by seeking the conversion of the Jewish people to Christianity.'

(Reflections on Covenant and Mission. Consultation of The National Council of Synagogues and The Bishops Committee for Ecumenical and Interreligious Affairs, USCCB. August 12, 2002. Emphasis mine. Read Online.)

Jewish-Christian Relations :: Reflections on Covenant and Mission.

That is also not true:
'However, this evangelizing task no longer includes the wish to absorb the Jewish faith into Christianity and so end the distinctive witness of Jews to God in human history.

Thus, while the Catholic Church regards the saving act of Christ as central to the process of human salvation for all, it also acknowledges that Jews already dwell in a saving covenant with God.

The Catholic Church must always evangelize and will always witness to its faith in the presence of God’s kingdom in Jesus Christ to Jews and to all other people. In so doing, the Catholic Church respects fully the principles of religious freedom and freedom of conscience, so that sincere individual converts from any tradition or people, including the Jewish people, will be welcomed and accepted.

However, it now recognizes that Jews are also called by God to prepare the world for God’s kingdom. Their witness to the kingdom, which did not originate with the Church’s experience of Christ crucified and raised, must not be curtailed by seeking the conversion of the Jewish people to Christianity.'

(Reflections on Covenant and Mission. Consultation of The National Council of Synagogues and The Bishops Committee for Ecumenical and Interreligious Affairs, USCCB. August 12, 2002. Emphasis mine. Read Online.)

I read that at least 10 times and what I got out of it that Jews were welcome to convert to Chistianity...:confused:

That is also not true:

I read that at least 10 times and what I got out of it that Jews were welcome to convert to Chistianity...:confused:

It clearly states that Jews already dwell in a saving covenant with God WITHOUT conversion.

That their covenant pre-dates Christ.

If this passage is unclear to you, perhaps you should read the entire report.

Not what I asked. Not even close.

Thanks for reminding me again why it's a waste to even bother with you sometimes. :thup:

Not what I asked. Not even close.

Thanks for reminding me again why it's a waste to even bother with you sometimes. :thup:
Unless you can prove the child is being put in harm's way, you don't have much of a leg to stand on.
:eusa_hand:

So to add to the controversy, 20/20 interviewed the couple last week and I learned that the mother is calling for the father to be thrown in jail and also that when the father converted to Judaism he even got circumcised!!

Forum List

Back