Family Convicted in 'Honor' Murders~

Sunshine

Trust the pie.
Dec 17, 2009
Kingston, Ontario (CNN) -- A Canadian jury Sunday convicted three members of a family of Afghan immigrants of the "honor" murders of four female relatives whose bodies were found in an Ontario canal.

Mohammed Shafia, 58; his wife, Tooba Mohammad Yahya, 42; and their son, Hamed, 21, were found guilty of first-degree murder in the deaths of Shafia's three teenage daughters and his first wife in his polygamous marriage. Sunday's verdicts followed a three-month trial, in which jurors heard wiretaps of Shafia referring to his daughters as "whores" and ranting about their behavior.

All three were sentenced to life in prison immediately after their convictions, with no chance of parole for 25 years.

Family convicted in Canada 'honor murders' - CNN.com

And now we wait for he "bu.........bu.......bu............" that will surely follow!~

Too bad they don't live in Texas.

Kingston, Ontario (CNN) -- A Canadian jury Sunday convicted three members of a family of Afghan immigrants of the "honor" murders of four female relatives whose bodies were found in an Ontario canal.

Mohammed Shafia, 58; his wife, Tooba Mohammad Yahya, 42; and their son, Hamed, 21, were found guilty of first-degree murder in the deaths of Shafia's three teenage daughters and his first wife in his polygamous marriage. Sunday's verdicts followed a three-month trial, in which jurors heard wiretaps of Shafia referring to his daughters as "whores" and ranting about their behavior.

All three were sentenced to life in prison immediately after their convictions, with no chance of parole for 25 years.

Family convicted in Canada 'honor murders' - CNN.com

And now we wait for he "bu.........bu.......bu............" that will surely follow!~

Too bad they don't live in Texas.

Prosecutors said the girls' father, mother and brother all plotted to kill the four women in an "honor" murder. Investigators claimed that hours of wiretapped conversations reveal a premeditated plan to punish rebellious, Westernized daughters and their permissive advocate, Rona.

So why didn't they do something to stop it??? IMO the "investigators" are as guilty as the ones who committed the crime.

Prosecutors said the girls' father, mother and brother all plotted to kill the four women in an "honor" murder. Investigators claimed that hours of wiretapped conversations reveal a premeditated plan to punish rebellious, Westernized daughters and their permissive advocate, Rona.

So why didn't they do something to stop it??? IMO the "investigators" are as guilty as the ones who committed the crime.

Stop what? Plans and threats? Investigators may have been able to get search warrants or even arrest warrents based on the wiretaps- but with what end result?

It's pitiful that these murders occured.

If they overheard a date/time/place of the plan they could have been there to prevent it.
But it didn't work out that way. It's not like TV.

Stop what? Plans and threats? Investigators may have been able to get search warrants or even arrest warrents based on the wiretaps- but with what end result?

It's pitiful that these murders occured.

If they overheard a date/time/place of the plan they could have been there to prevent it.
But it didn't work out that way. It's not like TV.

About all they had was conspiracy. And the reality is that the police are not 24/7 bodyguards. But beyond that, the wiretapping likely came after the crime.

We just need to never let them into civilized countries.

Agreed. And TDM isn't even here to bemoan the statement!

They still got off too easy.............

Yes, they did!

LMAO!

she will be back in true form soon enough.....

and yes... they did get off easy.

This took place in Canada. I want to research it more. My SIL is from Canada, and he is a staunch libertarian. But I have to wonder if they waffled any under their laws because this involved the religion that shall not be named.

Agreed. And TDM isn't even here to bemoan the statement!

Yes, they did!

LMAO!

This took place in Canada. I want to research it more. My SIL is from Canada, and he is a staunch libertarian. But I have to wonder if they waffled any under their laws because this involved the religion that shall not be named.

good question.

LMAO!

good question.

Hey LOOK who is coming upon the next incremental generation of 2000?!?!?! :clap2:

Here is an infomative article on this justice, that hopefullly won't be turned over for some excuse....

'Honour killings': Canadian jury finds Afghan family guilty | World news | guardian.co.uk

Some days are awesome. Some days you can rock opinions. Some days you can make a difference.

This honor killing of all the daughters was one of the most repulsive situations ever.

I thank the prosecutors for saying what it was. Not a domestic violence issue. This was honor killing. Horrific and brutal.

And our system let the girls down. Out of political correctness and the French and English Childrens Aid Societies didn't communicate.

The girls told aid agencies and their teachers that they feared for their lives. Guess what the morons did in the aid agencies?

They interviewed the girls in front of their father and they recanted.

Sweet Lord all freaking mighty. Of course they recanted.

I can go on but I am so proud of that jury. I am so proud of those prosecutors. I just want to have a nice afternoon knowing those bastards who could kill their family in such a horrid way are fucked up for a long time.

They were just little baby girls.

LMAO!

good question.

The prosecutors bless their souls called it for what it was right from the get go in the opening address.

They took a lot of heat for it. But bless them they rocked it.

And they never ever varied from the honor killing mantra. Because that's what it was.

We gave another one up on deck now. Biggie on the west coast. Mother and uncle paid to have her beaten to death.

Some days are awesome. Some days you can rock opinions. Some days you can make a difference.

This honor killing of all the daughters was one of the most repulsive situations ever.

I thank the prosecutors for saying what it was. Not a domestic violence issue. This was honor killing. Horrific and brutal.

And our system let the girls down. Out of political correctness and the French and English Childrens Aid Societies didn't communicate.

The girls told aid agencies and their teachers that they feared for their lives. Guess what the morons did in the aid agencies?

I can go on but I am so proud of that jury. I am so proud of those prosecutors. I just want to have a nice afternoon knowing those bastards who could kill their family in such a horrid way are fucked up for a long time.

There were multiple wives and multiple sets of kids. I don't know where I read it, but the mother and all her daughters were killed for 'acting like whores.' I know a fair amount about human behavior, and I would bet at least a cyber dollar that one of the other wifes and her set of kids made all this up to try and get the this wife and her kids out of the picture. And it worked like a charm. May they rot in hell!

good question.

The prosecutors bless their souls called it for what it was right from the get go in the opening address.

And they never ever varied from the honor killing mantra. Because that's what it was.

We gave another one up on deck now. Biggie on the west coast. Mother and uncle paid to have her beaten to death.

You got a link for that one on the west coast? I'd like to read it. It seems the world is moving backward and not forward.

There were multiple wives and multiple sets of kids. I don't know where I read it, but the mother and all her daughters were killed for 'acting like whores.' I know a fair amount about human behavior, and I would bet at least a cyber dollar that one of the other wifes and her set of kids made all this up to try and get the this wife and her kids out of the picture. And it worked like a charm. May they rot in hell!

I doubt it. Culturally the women accept multiple wives and multiple sets of kids. They've had polygamous marriage longer than the west has had monogamous marriage. For another, the daughters had asked for help repeatedly in the past. The girls complained to authorities at school that they were beaten. Ordinarily the authorities would have stepped in, immediately, and removed all the children. In this case, no one wanted to act for fear of being seen as islamophobic or anti islamic.

good question.

You got a link for that one on the west coast? I'd like to read it. It seems the world is moving backward and not forward.

This one is unreal. Fifth Estate actually forced the RCMP's hands to arrest the girl's mother and uncle for paying for her to be beaten to death in India. 10 years later. I believe they are to be tried in India. I don't understand why they aren't being tried here. I'm still on this one.

Sikh. Honor killings cross many religions. This mother and this uncle were very revered in their community in BC.

The young woman's sin to be beaten to death for? She fell in love with and married a man they didn't approve of.

In this day and age. Aye carumba.

Escape from Justice - the fifth estate

Last edited:

Oh it's worse.

I know I know how the hell could it be worse? The woman in the car was for true his first wife. But she was barren.

Their own birth mother helped murder the girls.

What do people expect when they raise their children in Western countries? odds are your child will be pretty Western whether you like it or not, like If I were to raise my child in a Middle Eastern shit hole like Syria they would be more Arab than anything else.

What do people expect when they raise their children in Western countries? odds are your child will be pretty Western whether you like it or not, like If I were to raise my child in a Middle Eastern shit hole like Syria they would be more Arab than anything else.

No they wouldn't. I know former servicemen whose families have traveled with them and they aren't like Arabs. I also know people who have spent their lives on the mission field, with their children in tow. Those children are as American as any raised right here in the US. Americans tend to send their kids to school with other American kids when they work in other countries.

Forum List

Back